Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2016, 00:15   #286

Boat: Condor Trimaran 30 foot
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Dennis the menace, thanks for the tip on the community island I will google it tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2016, 21:22   #287
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
A human with XX chromosomes is a Female of the Species and a human with XY Chromosomes is a male of that species.
Ah Life or rather biology is not that simple. There are women born who have given birth, but had XY chromosomes. called... XY gonadal dysgenesis. Not common, but not that rare either. There are of course men (born men) with XX chromosomes too. So the whole XX-XY thingy is not at all an absolute. Biology is like that.

Another example: If you have 2 or 3 female guppies in an aquarium without males. One of the females will change over a period of several weeks into a male and procreate with the females, resulting in babies. I saw this with my own eyes back ages ago. Other species do this too.

BTW How in the **** did a cruising thread degenerate into bathroom wars. That's pretty close to politics.

Old 04-05-2016, 22:17   #288

Boat: Landlocked right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
Ah Life or rather biology is not that simple. ...
As sailorchic34 said!

I want to add I personally do not care about others sexuality, sexual preferences, colour of skin, religion or political affiliation. Other people can do whatever they feel is right for them - I really don't care, but I'm always interested in their stories!

All I care is if you are a nice person or an as***le!
Old 05-05-2016, 04:03   #289

Boat: Watkins 29

This has nothing to do with DNA...its how the persons brain is constructed... Years ago there was a study that mapped the differences in Gay people and Straight peoples brains...they are different.. dont ask me to explain the differences, as I cannot but I do recall the study at the time.

Take time to talk to a transgender person...or a gay person... ask then what made them change... every single time they will tell you... that from childhood, they knew that they were different.

Allowing a woman who self identifies as a man into a ladies bathroom is foolishness. Your putting the fox into the hen house.. not the other way around as the NC Law would have you believe.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:41   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraygun View Post
If we pay the $15 an hour.Will the fast food worker finally get our order right?
Unfortunately raising the minimum wage does not also raise the minimum IQ.

I will let myself out.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:09   #291

Boat: a sailing boat

Quote:

(...)

Another example: If you have 2 or 3 female guppies in an aquarium without males. One of the females will change over a period of several weeks into a male and procreate with the females, resulting in babies. I saw this with my own eyes back ages ago. Other species do this too.

(...)

And how else do you think could all male crews of Magelhanes, Cook and Eisenhower sail on?

They say they traded the resulting babies for pearls and gold. I think this part is, however, just another sailors story.

;-)

It is nice when the world is diverse. It is easier to live in and way more entertaining than where skins and minds are homogenous.

b.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:31   #292

Boat: Landlocked right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoxograph View Post
As sailorchic34 said!

I want to add I personally do not care about others sexuality, sexual preferences, colour of skin, religion or political affiliation. Other people can do whatever they feel is right for them - I really don't care, but I'm always interested in their stories!

All I care is if you are a nice person or an as***le!
I'm not a native English speaker and was told that "It's none of my business" instead of "I don't care" would have better expressed what I tried to say.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:47   #293
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

I've understood how poor I am since the first time I walked into a Marina...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:17   #294

Boat: Watkins 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmith View Post
Dennis the menace, thanks for the tip on the community island I will google it tomorrow.
Check Lauderdale Isles as well.. the homes are a bit older, and further up the New River, but is very hurricane safe, protected, semi fresh water as it drains from the Everglades.

I was renting dock space from a home in that area...it's about 45 minutes down the sometimes crowded New River to Port Everglades and the ocean, but there are no fixed bridges impeding your way.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:49   #295
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
While I know what you're talking about. I think we are rich ones, as we go sailing more then most. Lord knows the Rose is a very modest sailboat, but she's used and sailed far more then the dock queens. That's being rich.

I've even had guys with big boats come up to me and say they wish they had my life.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:55   #296
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
While I know what you're talking about. I think we are rich ones, as we go sailing more then most. Lord knows the Rose is a very modest sailboat, but she's used and sailed far more then the dock queens. That's being rich.

I've even had guys with big boats come up to me and say they wish they had my life.
As Christian folks say.. Amen to That..

Old 05-05-2016, 08:01   #297

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Change marina for shipyard...Idora is still in the yard....poverty is getting closer every day. Oh but when she's done I will be covered in joy and boat poor,
Old 05-05-2016, 08:11   #298
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdoraKeeper View Post
Change marina for shipyard...Idora is still in the yard....poverty is getting closer every day. Oh but when she's done I will be covered in joy and boat poor,
LOL... on my 15th boat since then.. my high point was $60K.. the rest.. from $500 - $30K.
But all took me many miles and to other countries.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:28   #299

Boat: Camano Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismenace111 View Post
This has nothing to do with DNA...its how the persons brain is constructed... Years ago there was a study that mapped the differences in Gay people and Straight peoples brains...they are different.. dont ask me to explain the differences, as I cannot but I do recall the study at the time.

Take time to talk to a transgender person...or a gay person... ask then what made them change... every single time they will tell you... that from childhood, they knew that they were different.

Allowing a woman who self identifies as a man into a ladies bathroom is foolishness. Your putting the fox into the hen house.. not the other way around as the NC Law would have you believe.
A person can be gay. That's a choice and that's fine. People aren't born gay, an event or series of events turned them gay. And of course it's not uncommon for people to "jump the fence" and go from straight to gay or vice versa.

A person with a penis is a man. A person with a vagina is a woman. That's biology. You don't have a choice whether you are male or female. If you have a penis and think you are a woman, you are either very stupid or you are mentally ill and need treatment.

As far as bathroom laws, it's true, a woman is unlikely to be molested by a man who thinks he is a woman but the laws allow any man to claim he is transsexual for the purpose of going into the woman's restroom. He typically doesn't have to even make an effort to pass as a woman.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:05   #300

Boat: a sailing boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post

(...) People aren't born gay, an event or series of events turned them gay. (...)
That's interesting. How many sailors have you asked? All my sailing friends claim they were born this way.

A funny fact: I never ever understood what Rainbow Warrior was all about till I heard this song.

Love,
b.
Closed Thread