Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-04-2016, 15:34   #256
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Boat: PDQ 32 DogHouse
Posts: 600
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

It's pretty obvious that your facts and my facts don't match up. We'll never agree on this subject and good many others too I believe.
Have a wonderful day and fare winds.


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________

__________________
amytom is offline  
Old 26-04-2016, 16:18   #257
Registered User
 
thomm225's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hampton Roads
Boat: 1974 Bristol 27
Posts: 3,451
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Yes...it really is that simple.

Is it?


Bruce Jenner Gold Metal in the Olympics

https://www.google.com/search?q=bruc...ZjdlvO0ZcnM%3A


Bruce Jenner now

Caitlyn Jenner €“
__________________

__________________
thomm225 is offline  
Old 26-04-2016, 16:38   #258
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Charleston, SC
Boat: Camano Troll
Posts: 4,669
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemack View Post
What a despicable way to describe children struggling with gender identity issues..
"struggling with gender identity issues" ?????

Seriously, look in your underpants. If you aren't wearing any, look between your legs. Did you take Biology in school? Did you pass or fail? What did your parents tell you when you asked? If they said you could be whatever you want, they are dumb as hell and should not be parents.

If you take a litter of new born kittens to the Vet, does he/she tell you which ones are male and which are female? Or does the vet say that they haven't decided yet, bring them back in a year?

Again, we didn't have this kind of stupidity before the big yellow bird and the purple dinosaur started raising our children.
__________________
rwidman is offline  
Old 26-04-2016, 16:39   #259
Marine Service Provider
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: La Paz, Mexico
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,653
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
Is it?


Bruce Jenner Gold Metal in the Olympics

https://www.google.com/search?q=bruc...ZjdlvO0ZcnM%3A


Bruce Jenner now

Caitlyn Jenner €“
Yep....it is...and you keep making my point, albeit ignorant of that fact.

Bruce Genner has the XY genes...doesn't matter what he wants to be, which I could care less about, but to Science Bruce is a Male even if he undergoes the chopadickofftamy.

This is a very interesting topic however because it illustrates just how poor some people are at critical thinking and reasoning skills.

If I self identify as a Black Man...I'm NOT.
Science and the Facts say that I am a 50% Italian with the balance being Cherokee Indian, Welsh and German. It doesn't matter what I WANT to be...what I self Identify as...or what Society wants to call me. See facts are facts and my opinion of what I or anyone else wants the facts to be can't change them.

Now the argument you are poorly attempting to make is that we should accept what ever people want to call themselves, or identify with, or who they want to sleep with, or what bathroom they want to use. But in your and others quest to be tolerant of others....you have lost your ability to even recognize and admit that XY Lion is a Male of the Species and a XX Lion is a Female of species. It doesn't matter who they choose to romp around with in the tall grass, but that personal choice doesn't change their DNA...it doesn't change Scientific Fact.

Someone has to be the voice of reason...
I know I know...it is a thankless Job, but hey....I can handle it.
__________________
Rich Boren Goodbye Morro Bay...Hello La Paz, Mexico and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water
Technautic CoolBlue Refrigeration
SV THIRD DAY is online now  
Old 26-04-2016, 16:46   #260
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Charleston, SC
Boat: Camano Troll
Posts: 4,669
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Sounds like the classic rock and a hard place with you the one in between.
At the time (1960s), there were two musicians unions in Washington, DC. "white" one and a "colored" one. The white one was $800 (a whole lot of money in those days). The black one was about $150 and had lower "work dues" as well.

We hopped into our car, drove to the black union hall and joined up. The next time the union guy came around to where we were playing and demanded to see our union cards, we whipped them out and showed him. He was furious but there was nothing he could do, we were card carrying union members.
__________________
rwidman is offline  
Old 26-04-2016, 17:11   #261
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Surrey, B.C. Canada
Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter
Posts: 460
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

What the heck did this post start out as? It seems to have wandered all over the place and now we are into something that many of us, myself in particular, possibly due to our age, probably would prefer to not talk about, and now someone is sayng it is political by labeling some Conservative and some Liberal.
Just what has all this gender crap and washrooms got to do with sailing?
To make it clear, I do not give a hoot what people do privately or what sex they want to be, just as long as they do not try to tell me they are "normal". I would much prefer they keep it to themselves.
__________________
Sailorbob8599 is offline  
Old 26-04-2016, 17:12   #262
Marine Service Provider
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: La Paz, Mexico
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,653
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
do not try to tell me they are "normal".
Actually it goes deeper than that.
YOU are now the one said to be Abnormal, homophobic (what ever that fake word means), and we might as well stick with all the latest terminology and call you Patriarchal, While Privileged, and Triggering.

Strange.....how would they even know since we are being lectured that there is no such thing.

Post Falls family gets first girl in 101 years | KREM.com
__________________
Rich Boren Goodbye Morro Bay...Hello La Paz, Mexico and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water
Technautic CoolBlue Refrigeration
SV THIRD DAY is online now  
Old 26-04-2016, 17:25   #263
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 751
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Unclemack, nicely written and thanks for sharing this information. I really liked hearing how other societies understand their genetic variants.

I remember in high school, really the first gay guy i was aware of. He was just so different acting than the other guys in the PE class. He was very effeminate and I am not even sure at 14 years old if even he understood what he was.

I am a clinical lab scientist. I remember back in the 70's one of our lecturing professors had written a paper that stated he could tell if a male was homosexual during the autopsy. He said there is a gland in the brain that when measured could tell him the sexual orientation of the male. He proved it by doing 20 autopsies and guessed correctly on every one. I believe that male homosexuality is the way God made them. I think some women are lesbian due to lifestyle choices and not born that way. But many people will easily support the idea that there are manly men and girly girls. I know there are women who are very masculine like a Hope Solo.

But thanks for taking the time to write that. Much appreciated.
__________________
alansmith is offline  
Old 26-04-2016, 17:47   #264
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 429
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Thanks alansmith, it'd be nice if others here would stand up and be counted too though.

Staying quiet lets the loudmouthed bile-spewing haters think they're in the majority.

If nobody else wants to support a different position to that of the Threetards they can keep the thread.

Can it really be that facts are no match for righteous uninformed prejudice in the US?
__________________
unclemack is offline  
Old 26-04-2016, 18:10   #265
Marine Service Provider
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: La Paz, Mexico
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,653
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

You always know when someone is losing an argument because like clockwork they break out into the hate-speech and attacks. Our good friend Unclemack unfortunately fell right into that tired old game.

What Uncle assumes is my position is completely wrong, I'm all for personal Freedom. But that is what happens when you are a demagogue, you get blinded by hate.
__________________
Rich Boren Goodbye Morro Bay...Hello La Paz, Mexico and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water
Technautic CoolBlue Refrigeration
SV THIRD DAY is online now  
Old 26-04-2016, 18:45   #266
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: WY / Currently in Hayes VA on the Chesapeake
Boat: Ocean Alexander, Ocean 44
Posts: 922
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Uncle Mac,

No hate here. Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they hate you. I think you are wrong but I just don't care how you live as long as you leave me out of your lifestyle. I have a very good friend who is bisexual and I love her dearly. But she would not expect me to go to a wedding between two people of the same sex. She would not call me names just because we disagree.

I am against forcing an employer to provide money for sex change operations, abortions or for that matter even birth control. Why? Because of the money. I have zero input into other peoples lifestyle (and I want none) why should I be financially responsible for their choices? "No" is a free form of birth control. How could you say I hate anyone if all I want is the same thing others profess to want? Just leave me alone to live the way I choose.
__________________
darylat8750 is offline  
Old 26-04-2016, 18:55   #267
Registered User
 
four winds's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wandering the US Gulf Coast
Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds
Posts: 2,138
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

The name calling is a major,......meh. Means nothing, unless entertainment is the goal.

The additional info about the X Y thing is the pertinent points to be discussed for the subject of this new drift.

Seems science, like most things, aren't a simple as a glance in one's underpants.
__________________
Life begins at the waters edge.
four winds is offline  
Old 26-04-2016, 23:13   #268
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Surrey, B.C. Canada
Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter
Posts: 460
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Actually it goes deeper than that.
YOU are now the one said to be Abnormal, homophobic (what ever that fake word means), and we might as well stick with all the latest terminology and call you Patriarchal, While Privileged, and Triggering.
Me abnormal? Absolutely NOT, I am the way the good Lord intended for the continuation of my family and the human race.
Homophobic? Absolutely NOT, I accept some folk are unhappy with the way they popped out of the oven and wish they were of the opposite gender. I feel terribly sorry for them but, that's their business alone and I just don't care to hear about it.
Patriarchal? ... possibly. In the near future, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the fourth generation of my family line to be born in this country. THAT my friend will be a very special day because it is to be a boy and he will continue my family name. I have already made arrangements for his education.
My family tree is documented back to the 16th century and that is very special to me also. Yes, i am indeed a patriarch and the leader of my family in which the men are men and the women are women and very proud to be.
The men in my family look after our women and we all believe marriage is intended to last "until death do us part". Our women stay home to raise their families and only go out to work once the young ones become teenagers.
Privileged? Absolutely! the good lord has blessed me and my extended family for all of my life in many ways and yet, believe it or not, I do not claim to be religious. I do however have a very strong belief in a higher power who looks over us always.

Not sure what "Triggering" means, so I will not comment on it.
__________________
Sailorbob8599 is offline  
Old 26-04-2016, 23:40   #269
Senior Cruiser
 
StuM's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Port Moresby,Papua New Guinea
Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43
Posts: 6,711
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

You guys really need to agree on whether you are talking about sex or gender

Sex refers to biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs. Gender describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

And yes - a child can tell whether their sex is male or female in 99.9% of cases by looking in their underpants. Regardless of what gender role they associate themselves with.
__________________
StuM is online now  
Old 27-04-2016, 05:37   #270
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Charleston, SC
Boat: Camano Troll
Posts: 4,669
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
You guys really need to agree on whether you are talking about sex or gender

Sex refers to biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs. Gender describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

And yes - a child can tell whether their sex is male or female in 99.9% of cases by looking in their underpants. Regardless of what gender role they associate themselves with.

BS, Complete BS. If you have a penis, you are male. If you have a vagina, you are female. You can't wish or believe it any different. Sex and "gender" are the same thing.
__________________

__________________
rwidman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trying to understand ssb sailor12 Marine Electronics 12 20-03-2011 10:46
Sorry, I Don't Understand How to . . . Jacques2 Forum Tech Support & Site Help 13 25-11-2010 06:45
I Don't Understand Rigging unbusted67 Deck hardware: Rigging, Sails & Hoisting 5 28-09-2009 13:32
Land Dwellers, Just Don't Understand JusDreaming Off Topic Forum 29 21-09-2009 11:16



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 22:08.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.