Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2015, 16:30   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Northwest Passage from Space: Awesome Video

Howdy Folks!

I came across this awesome video produced by NOAA and released at year end 2014 (a few days ago). It shows the earth from space POV, and is a time-lapse video showing the Northern Hemisphere as it is covered by snow and ice (in the Arctic and Sub Arctic areas) over a period of a year (2014).

As you watch the video, notice that the month is shown in a watermark title across the image. This video is just one of several based on NOAA data.

I found it fascinating to see how extensive the Ice and Snow Coverage can be, and also to see it recede.

I think every school kid should see this, and everyone who has ever thought of high latitude sailing or dreamed of sailing through the Northwest Passage.

I hope you enjoy it too, and share it with others who may find it interesting or educational.

P.S. If the moderators think this should be posted elsewhere, feel free to move it. I posted it here as I thought it related to a more general interest in sailing.

Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passage