Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2016, 11:59   #1

Boat: Comet 41s
News from Dusseldorf boat show

For the ones that don't know Dusseldorf boat show is the biggest in the world, particularly in what regards sailing boats. Paris is probably the second.

Anyway if you like boats, boat equipment or even diving, Dusseldorf boat show is something not to be missed....and besides that Dusseldorf has great food and a beer that is only made there and on some towns around, the Alt, that means old. It is not the beer that is old but the fabrication process that comes right from the middle ages.

If you chose right place and there are several options, the beer is made next door, on one of them you can even look by a window to the "factory". That particular one it is more than 150 years old and people socialize while drinking beer. The German next to me told me that he had been brought to that place by is grandfather and that is grandfather had come there with is father...that kind of place.

Sorry about the detour but I like that beer as much as the boats

Regarding the boat show to be great don't believe me, trust on the guy of Distant shores that seems quite amazed with it:

About the boats I will post some that where there too but that were first on the Paris boat show that is some months before (the movies were made there).
Some of the new boats around:

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 19:07   #2

Boat: Boereal 44
Re: News from Dusseldorf boat show

Hey Pablo, Hope all is well with you! Did Boreal have a boat at the show this year? Enjoy the beer.
Later

Steve and Tracy
RC LOUISE
Boreal44
stevewrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:52   #3

Hi Steve,

Are yo alright.... and your wife? Nice to hear of you again.When do you will come to these parts? I really like to meet both of you. If you decide that don't hesitate to contact me for help with the arrangements regarding your stay, in land or in the water.

Have you saw on my blog some fantastic videos with Boreal on the Arctic and Antarctic?

No, never had the pleasure to visit a Boreal, they never went to Dusseldorf and I don't think that they have ever had gone to any boat show, not even Paris. Satisfied clients like you are all the publicity they need and probably if they started to built in larger numbers that relation client/builder would be lost and Boreal would be only one more brand like all the others.

Still completely satisfied with your boat?

And Steve, Paulo, not Pablo. Pablo is Spanish, Paolo is Italian, Paulo is Portuguese.

Cheers,

Paulo
Old 06-02-2016, 12:24   #4

Boat: Boereal 44

Hey Paulo, Ya sorry about your name, it was late at night and you know!

Tracy has cancer and we are at home taking care of that for now. She is doing well and we are going to sail no matter what this year. We had planed to leave from Panama where the boat is and head back to New Zealand then up to Borneo to do the jungle rivers there. But the Tropics and cancer are not suited so I will go to Panama in April get the boat ready and sail her up the the East coast of the USA where Tracy can meet me. From there we will sail up the New Brunswick Canada Visiting relations and friends along the way. We will put the boat on the hard somewhere and most likely next May 2017 sail her back to Europe via Greenland and Iceland.

Boreal was at the Dusseldorf show last year where they won the expedition boat of the year if I recall. Beat the hell out of Jimmy Cornells boat. Your right though they don't advertise anywhere but on the AAC website,(Morgans Cloud). They have now gone to 10 boats a year I guess up from six. That helps a lot with the waiting list to get one.

Yes, the Boreal 44 is everything we expected and a lot more. She is the most sea kindly boat of expedition sailing we have done in 40 some odd years. She is fast strong and can really go anywhere! I'm doing a winter weather routing for Sila the Boreal that's been around the horn and the Antarctic then non stop up to England and France. They left 10 days ago from Falmouth England back to the Carib and she handled the Bay of Biscay, and the Spanish coast in some really lousy winter weather. She is now about to enter the trades and swing west.

I just received a bunch of photos from Jean Francois Eeman, one of the owners of Boreal aboard his Boreal 44 that he took while down in the Antarctic for last month. Great, amazing pics, said he only had one storm for 12 hours and 60 plus knots of wind. They did just fine.

We will see you when we get back to Europe and go eat some of that great seafood you produce.

Cheers
stevewrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:08   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewrye View Post
Hey Paulo, Ya sorry about your name, it was late at night and you know!

Tracy has cancer and we are at home taking care of that for now. She is doing well and we are going to sail no matter what this year. We had planed to leave from Panama where the boat is and head back to New Zealand then up to Borneo to do the jungle rivers there. But the Tropics and cancer are not suited so I will go to Panama in April get the boat ready and sail her up the the East coast of the USA where Tracy can meet me. From there we will sail up the New Brunswick Canada Visiting relations and friends along the way. We will put the boat on the hard somewhere and most likely next May 2017 sail her back to Europe via Greenland and Iceland.

Boreal was at the Dusseldorf show last year where they won the expedition boat of the year if I recall. Beat the hell out of Jimmy Cornells boat. Your right though they don't advertise anywhere but on the AAC website,(Morgans Cloud). They have now gone to 10 boats a year I guess up from six. That helps a lot with the waiting list to get one.
We will see you when we get back to Europe and go eat some of that great seafood you produce.

Cheers
Really sorry to know about Tracy health problem even if that today may not be as bad as 20 years ago and she can have decades to keep on sailing (I really hope so).

Regarding Boreal and Dusseldorf it is true that the won with the 52 last year's boat of the year on the category of voyage boats but I don't remember to see the boat at the fair and I don't think it was exposed there. I searched for pictures and could not fin a single one.

The Boreal 52 is a great boat but the truth is that I find the Garcia 45 too heavy and too cramped in what regards design. It cannot sail as well as a Boreal 44 or a Boreal 52. In fact the Garcia 45 has about the same weight of the Boreal 44.

However I think that the new Garcia 52 is a much better boat than the 45. The difference of weight is only 4T and the boat seems not too small for what offers and that was the case with the 45.

Even so the Boreal 52 is a lighter and faster boat, having about 4T less than the Garcia 52 but the last one has a more refined interior and that's probably one of the reasons it weights more. For sailing I would choose a Boreal 52, hands down, but for living permanently aboard the Garcia 52 has an amazing interior.

For visiting us fell free to come without a boat. Not too much to offer but as we use to say: my house is your house

Tags
boat show