Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 18:37   #1
cruiser

News Clip (VIDEO!)

In case anyone wants to see what our charter business was like, this is a link to a station that picked up our NY1 news clip on "Travel with Val"

If you have RealPlayer, try this link. The video will open right up:

http://real.ny1.com:8080/ramgen/real...05_145059hi.rm

If not, try this one. You'll have to find the little play button and launch the video that way.

http://www.news10now.com/content/fea...el/?ArID=72925

This is the boat I'm selling.
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:36   #2

Nice little PR!

I like the blue corn chips and avocado salsa!

All kidding aside.. did you get any calls or charters from that news clip being aired?
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 13:09   #3
cruiser

Thanks, Jef. Did we get calls? ha ha ha

We were picked up by upstate NY stations, as well as were on NY1, which ran tha clip every hour for about a week. We were flooded with calls and turned away probably $15K-$20K in business in late August and Sept as we closed.

That's always the way it goes. You try and do a large, traditional business and it fails. Then you try and do a smaller business like this one, just as a hobby and it explodes into too much to handle. Where's the happy medium? ha ha

It was tough to close and I wanted to give all the customers to someone else, but that all takes so much time and energy. I decided to just close and move on.

PS: Sorry to all about the flapping genoa! I was in 6-7ft of water in an anchorage, between several rocks and had to do all kinds of shoots for the boat the camera was on. Not being sailors, they picked the one shot where I hadn't trimmed the genoa correctly!
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 20:52   #4
Kai Nui

Good stuff Sean. There is 15 seconds of your 15 minutes