We are buying
(offer accepted, surveys pending) a 1997 Catalina
The original Westerbeke
42B has 1950 hrs, AND the boat has been on a mooring
for 2 years.
We plan to do the following before the cruise
back to NC:
- Oil/Filter Changed
- New Fuel Filters and new Fuel Lines
- New Impeller, (new pump if recommended)
- New Air Filter
- Clean Sea Strainers
- New Belts/Seals as needed.
- Check/Clean Heat Exchanger and Zincs
- Biocide/Stabilize Diesel in Tank.
- (would you recommend draining/cleaning tank? I fear the sludge)
- Repack Stuffing Box
- Transmission Fluid
- Tension/Tighten Steering Cable (apparently very important on this model)
I know this is an inexpensive boat in the grand scheme of yachting, but it is a big deal to us, and we're trying to be thoughtful.
, tuning, communications
, life safety
etc. are all being updated.
Hoping to get your feedback on mechanical "re-commissioning" items.
Anything else you recommend that I've overlooked?