Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2019, 07:40   #1

Nassau to Exuma charter

Hi, I’m new to the forum though I’ve been reading it for many years.

I’m hoping I could get any information regarding anchorage’s, fishing, must see places for our upcoming adventure.

3 couples are bareboat chartering a 40’ lagoon power cat from Navtours in Nassau in April May timeframe. We will be crossing over the yellow banks to Exuma for 7 nights then dropping the boat off at Staniel cay. Here is our itinerary, it’s a rough draft so please throw your 2 cents in. We are looking to anchor or moor in out of the way places not marinas that are crowded. We are hoping to catch enough fish and cook all our meals on board. So please include any information for bottom fishing and trolling.

Day 1- arrive in Nassau Get groceries, boat review with company stay the night on the boat.

Day 2- cross over to Exumas, visit Allen cay anchor at Highborne cay.

Day 3- travel Highborne cay to Norman’s cay.

Day 4- travel Norman’s cay to shroud cay.

Day 5- travel shroud cay to waderwick Wells

Day 6- travel water wick wells to compass cay.

Day 7- travel compass cay to Staniel.

Day 8- fly out morning to Nassau then home.
cajunrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:45   #2

Boat: Hanse 531
Re: Nassau to Exuma charter

Cheers!

I think visiting an emerging sandbar with the dinghy is quite magical. There are lots of potential ones south of Shroud Cay. The small river running through Shroud Cay to the other side is also cool. We saw our first sea turtle there!

Regarding fishing, be sure to follow the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park rules. Quite a few of the islands fall within that area. (Regulations over here: https://bnt.bs/exuma-cays-land-sea-park/)

If you want to bring a drone, it needs a permission and the whole affair might be a bit complicated.

Snorkeling is great around corals/coral heads. There are sharks as well.

MacDuff's on Norman's Cay is a nice restaurant. (Didn't like the more populated touristy ones on some other islands.)

One of the best thing we did was to purchase the Explorer Chartbook in advance. They have them on the boats (older edition usually) but they are filled of things that are nice to new before going.

https://www.explorercharts.com/index...mart&Itemid=54

Tags
charter, nassau