Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 15:16   #31
CLOD

Boat: none
I tell people that once I start crusiing I'm going into international water, get naked, and smole dope! But then again the bottoms of my feet were sore for a week after walking around on the non-skid so I don't think letting anything drag on the non-skid is a smart idea. I gues some pale skin that has all it's functions is better use planning.
sailorboy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 16:23   #32

Boat: Hylas 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
I tell people that once I start crusiing I'm going into international water, get naked, and smole dope!
Yeah, but how will you get the dope into international waters?

I don't think that hydroponics works in sea water!
john540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 17:51   #33
CLOD

Boat: none
What do you mean, don't the dope runners deliver?
sailorboy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 20:26   #34

Boat: Catamaran Schionning Wilderness 1320, built myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenna View Post
I have been sailing the Med for quite a few years now. Never seen anybody sailing naked, too dangerous. Not only the sun. If you fall overboard naked in a shoal of jellyfish, you are dead.
seems you never sailed the Adriatic Sea, very common there and other places with visitors from Northern Europe. While in the Adriatic Sea nobody bothers, in Greece and most other countries you might run in problems, hence when another yacht closes up they do not get up or go inside to dress up or wait until YOU are gone. Approaching coast the people usualy wear something

Croatian coast there are plenty nude camps anyway, not easy to shock anyone there.

Regarding Jellyfish, I doubt a bikini or string tanga or none will make much difference
blubaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 04:35   #35
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
What do you mean, don't the dope runners deliver?

That would be an interesting feeling, inviting armed dope smugglers to approach your boat in international waters....

Me, I only use bonded dope dealers...
Old 19-09-2009, 05:01   #36

Boat: Morgan 45 'Fidelis'
Naked sailing

I see a lot of folks focusing on the nudity aspect of it. I am not, and have never been inclined towards being a nudist. I am a solo sailor which drives me to short legs or long legs very far removed from any other traffic. I'll admit that when I'm days away from any contact I maximize every square inch of exposed skin to the available breeze when the temps are in the nineties and above. Never to the sun, but staying cool is a must.

I've never considered doing that with anyone else aboard, and am not trying to advocate for anything. I just want to cast my vote for staying cool.
Duckonfidelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 05:28   #37

Boat: boat less ATM
1 vote 4 Naked engine maintenance

My wife is all in favour of naked engine maintenance and head repairs (another euphemism?). It saves her from washing my oil soaked overalls. However, she does refuse to hand me tools when I am head down & bum up in the engine compartment. She retreats to the cockpit. The dog does sometimes lend a hand, licking sweaty body parts. Times like that, you learn who your REAL friends are.
svstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 06:43   #38

Boat: Catalina 30
Send a message via Yahoo to anjinsan
Ok, have to jump in on this one...Last month on the way back from Catalina, there was a high speed Ski race form Long Beach to Avalon and back. Well, the wife was on the fore deck airing them out...(collecting Vitamin D) as the skiers came by...they were very close and most turned to view. We were happy that non of them fell while viewing. However, many passes by the Boatpics.com helicopter were apparent.
anjinsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 08:45   #39

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjinsan View Post
However, many passes by the Boatpics.com helicopter were apparent.
Soon to be posted on youtube.

Link?
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 09:49   #40
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
I am thinking some of these guys will go to any length to justify rubbing aloe vera lotion on themselves...
Old 19-09-2009, 10:41   #41

When I was living in Hawaii back in the early/mid 90's - we did plenty of naked sailing. We'd met a ex-college professor who'd retired early, sold his home, purchased a 60 foot sailboat, and moved to Hawaii to live the goodlife. His rule was simple, anytime we could gather up at least "8" young ladies that were good eye candy - we could all go out on the boat. So my buddy and I would scour the beaches in Waikiki for willing tourists on a saturday morning and often would fall short of the "8" needed. We finally hatched the idea to start chatting up some of the strippers who hung out at a gay beach off Kapiolani Park (Queens Beach) getting rid of their tan lines. We figured we could be up front about our dilemma and perhaps get a bit more consistency in getting our needed "8" bits of eye candy so we could go out sailing more.

THAT turned out to be a grand idea, and we pretty much had the boat filled with good looking strippers every weekend. Our friend was more than HAPPY! Starting on week #2, the tops came off. After that, it was pretty much au-naturale sails every weekend. Word got around to party scene, and plenty of folks started to bring out their boats to join up with us, and it would be one big nude fest off the shores of Oahu. GREAT times! I haven't had any issues with being nude aboard since.

Inevitably, we'd meet girls from the mainland and invite them out to join us. They'd have no idea the other gals aboard were strippers, but usually by mid cruise (and a few drinks) they'd come out of their tops (and bottoms) as well. That's been pretty much the point. Most folks are joiners and don't want to be the odd one out. If most people are au-naturale, then most join in.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail. - (George Carlin)
Aussiesuede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 14:20   #42

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft
No swim-wear = one polyster tree saved. Think of it as an Eco-suit.

Especially after a 1/2dozen
Blue Stocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 16:31   #43

still may be to late for the Polyester tree.... Remember the Naugahide couches and coats of the 60's? The Nauga went extinct in 1968...not seen hide nor hair of one since.
Old 19-09-2009, 16:33   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Soon to be posted on youtube.

Link?
I hope so, I didnt want to spend the $14 to get a copy for myself.
Old 19-09-2009, 17:26   #45

Boat: a sailing boat
Is Med not too cold and crowded for that? We did in the Pacific and off N Australia, but it is way much warmer there. And, needles to say, no onlookers.

I think it is OK, as long as one does not infringe their neighbours/mates/host country tastes/customs. And as long as they stay under the bimini!

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote