Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-09-2014, 08:55   #331

Boat: Various
Re: Naked Sailing - Truth or Wishful Thinking ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor View Post
Damn... I'm in FL next weekend and was going to invite myself over for one of your "pool parties"...
I would think you get to see more than enough to satisfy any voyeur in Marina Del Rey. Now we've not yet been there, but I was under the impression Southern California was not the land of shyness and complete covering of one's body.

Old 18-09-2014, 09:35   #332
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Maxi 77 - Relax Lah!

We did a charter checkout in MDR. While motoring out the guy doing the checkout pointed behind the boat and said, "Look there's Angelina Jolie topless!"

Of course we looked and of course she wasn't there. He explained - "It's part of the checkout."

We thought, "Oh, we blew it. Easily distracted and unsafe."

He continued, "Yeah. You passed. If you don't look there's no way I'd cross the Pacific with you as crew."

Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 11:53   #333

Boat: Catalina

Great day- 75 degrees , not a boat or textile in sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1411062748.531313.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	88398  
Old 18-09-2014, 12:24   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsunsailor View Post
Great day- 75 degrees , not a boat or textile in sight.
66 degrees here and raining at 11:23 AM. Clothing being worn by all.
Old 18-09-2014, 12:30   #335
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag

85f and furycaming..lol... life here is a lot better than up there in coldville....
zeehag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 12:39   #336

Boat: Seawind 1000xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
SNIP

Then there is the television show "Naked and Afraid" where they are survivalists in jungles. I can't imagine running through a jungle naked or sleeping on a beach swarming with ants and some of the other things. And there is the show "Naked Dating" or something like that. Strange show. Unusual concept. And anyone who believes it is really reality....no, I don't think so.

SNIP
I knew the TV shows were not really reality the first time I saw them. I have seen lots of naked women and men.

None of them had blurry out of focus breasts or genitals.
Old 18-09-2014, 12:48   #337

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl

Quote:
I would think you get to see more than enough to satisfy any voyeur in Marina Del Rey. Now we've not yet been there, but I was under the impression Southern California was not the land of shyness and complete covering of one's body.
You guys would be quite surprised actually... Far less common than in FL... There are of course locations, friends, or lifestyles that are more conducive to this sort of thing... But on a general basis... The state that dangles is the barest of them all...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 13:38   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor View Post
You guys would be quite surprised actually... Far less common than in FL... There are of course locations, friends, or lifestyles that are more conducive to this sort of thing... But on a general basis... The state that dangles is the barest of them all...
In Florida, it's only South Florida that bares. And much of that comes from the dependence on tourism and the prevalence of tourists from South America and Europe where topless sunbathing is normal. Visitors walk South Beach wide eyed and stumbling while the rest of us don't think anything of it.
Old 18-09-2014, 14:12   #339

Boat: Catalina

There are more naturist resorts per capita in south Florida than any other place in the country. But nothing beats a nice sea breeze. At sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 18-09-2014, 14:27   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsunsailor View Post
There are more naturist resorts per capita in south Florida than any other place in the country. But nothing beats a nice sea breeze. At sea.
Wifey B: Now see a naturist resort doesn't even attract me. I'm not someone who chooses to be naked and then decides what to do. I just do what it is I'm doing and then if it's something or somewhere that clothes aren't needed, then ok. But on the boat or at home then like is cool to me. Oh and never been to Haulover either. Like South Beach because it's a great beach with lots of super stuff and then just happens to be topless too.

The other thing at sea. The salt air and mist. Good for your skin. The moisture is like a spa treatment. Just like swimming in salt water is good.
Old 18-09-2014, 15:15   #341
Don't ask if you can't handle it

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hunter 410

there are some parts of me that I'm not sure I willing to risk sun expose effects
Old 18-09-2014, 16:04   #342
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Oyster 53 Cutter

All summer long it's boxer shorts, swim suit or nothing at all. Still getting used to wearing clothes after two weeks back in Whoville.
Old 18-09-2014, 16:56   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
there are some parts of me that I'm not sure I willing to risk sun expose effects
Actually good caution for all to be careful regarding body parts that don't often see sun. Make sure to use plenty of high SPF sunscreen. A girl I worked with years ago came into work one day, tanned and appearing to be somewhat uncomfortable. She had tried a tanning bed for the first time the evening before and sun burned her nipples. Her last time using a tanning bed.
Old 18-09-2014, 16:58   #344

Location: Northern British Columbia, part of the time in Prince Rupert and part of the time on Moresby Island.
Boat: 50-ft steel Ketch
Send a message via MSN to Astrid Send a message via Yahoo to Astrid

Back 24 years ago or so, when my father, brother and I sailed from Iceland to Vancouver to join my mother and sister in our new home, I spent much of my time on watch during the days either in the buff or nearly so after we reached the Caribbean and had a pretty good all over tan when we reached Panama. It wasn't really a matter of bravado or wanting to show off (at 11 I didn't have anything worthwhile to show off anyways), it was a matter of comfort. Compared to home, the Caribbean was almost like an oven.
Old 19-09-2014, 07:31   #345

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl

Quote:
In Florida, it's only South Florida that bares. And much of that comes from the dependence on tourism and the prevalence of tourists from South America and Europe where topless sunbathing is normal. Visitors walk South Beach wide eyed and stumbling while the rest of us don't think anything of it.
In CA, it's alcohol that lends the prevalence to it (younger crowd)... Or again... lifestyles and acquaintances (older crowd)... I'm more along the lines of how wifeyB puts it below...

Quote:
Wifey B: Now see a naturist resort doesn't even attract me. I'm not someone who chooses to be naked and then decides what to do. I just do what it is I'm doing and then if it's something or somewhere that clothes aren't needed, then ok. But on the boat or at home then like is cool to me. Oh and never been to Haulover either. Like South Beach because it's a great beach with lots of super stuff and then just happens to be topless too.

The other thing at sea. The salt air and mist. Good for your skin. The moisture is like a spa treatment. Just like swimming in salt water is good.
Exactly as I see it... if the situation or occasion warrants textiles... Then they are donned... Not at all like... "lets see how I can get nekid today"?

Quote:
Actually good caution for all to be careful regarding body parts that don't often see sun. Make sure to use plenty of high SPF sunscreen. A girl I worked with years ago came into work one day, tanned and appearing to be somewhat uncomfortable. She had tried a tanning bed for the first time the evening before and sun burned her nipples. Her last time using a tanning bed.
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
Back 24 years ago or so, when my father, brother and I sailed from Iceland to Vancouver to join my mother and sister in our new home, I spent much of my time on watch during the days either in the buff or nearly so after we reached the Caribbean and had a pretty good all over tan when we reached Panama. It wasn't really a matter of bravado or wanting to show off (at 11 I didn't have anything worthwhile to show off anyways), it was a matter of comfort. Compared to home, the Caribbean was almost like an oven.
Astrid... That was an awesome story right up until... (at 11.....

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: