Originally Posted by Saucy Sailoress
That's so sad
. Being ill at ease with nature at its purest. I've never been to a nude beach, but friends who have say they are very natural, warm friendly places to be. It's not a fashion competition, apparently!
I have an absolute ton of faults with my body - if it is being compared for perfections with a supermodel. However, it's way curvier than your average supermodel, and some people like that. They certainly used to in all the old paintings I see! I'm lucky in that my man has a fantastic body to look at - which is why we don't worry about clothes except for their insulation
I think that sort of female body can be referred to a "zaftig" or "Rubanesque." But having been to many "nude beaches" and having lived on the south coast of France
where in the summer there are tens of thousands of nude or topless men
and woman, running around without any clothes on, nudity is definitely not erotic and actually has the opposite effect. After seeing a thousand women/men who you would pay to have them put their clothes back on, nudity is very "ho-hum" or numbing to your senses.
- - Barely speaking about 80% of the women are not worth looking at and even worth looking the other way. 15% are moderately well shaped and worth a glance, but there is that last 5% that we refer to a "teeth gnashers," where you grind the enamel off your teeth sneaking a peek at them. Even the blasé French men
get affected as these last 5% stand at a kiosk wearing sandals and a smile getting a gelatto. But they are in the late teens to young 20's - the rest of the 95% simply could be ignored which is the normal situation.
- - The worst part of being au naturel is seeing yourself in a mirror, which is also a good way to inspire yourself to eat less food
. They say the best diet is to hang a full length mirror on the refrigerator
door and not wear any clothing
- - On a cruising boat few wear any clothing
below decks while in the Tropics - it is just too hot and wearing clothes means more clothes to wash. But up on deck
, not wearing clothes is hazardous to your skin from the Sun's UV and the danger of getting body parts slammed, stuck, or causing nearby dinghy
accidents when you bend over the windlass
to retrieve the anchor
. As the dinghy
drivers avert or cover their eyes they tend to run into other boats.