Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 17:47   #286
Neo

Boat: Pearson 31
Re: Naked sailing!

If you're naked and no one sees you, are you really naked?
Old 12-10-2013, 17:47   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
They should abide until they realize that they are subjects . As subjects they give up liberty. Liberty is the fuel of life. Once they realize that they are not free they will either want a stipen or rebel.
we are all subjects
bfloyd4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 17:49   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
If you're naked and no one sees you, are you really naked?
is a deer in the woods alone not naked? Nudity refers to the lack of clothing and has nothing to do with those around you.
Old 12-10-2013, 18:22   #289

Boat: Kelsall Suncat 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post

is a deer in the woods alone not naked? Nudity refers to the lack of clothing and has nothing to do with those around you.
Well that depends on whether the deer makes a sound and whether there is loud music present.

Jimbo485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 18:30   #290
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

And is it in a designated nude area of the forest, and is it doing calisthenics whilst being so? So many important questions to solve in life.

Coops.
Old 12-10-2013, 18:30   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo485 View Post
Well that depends on whether the deer makes a sound and whether there is loud music present.
...chuckle....I have watched them dance around and play naked in the woods but never to music. One time watched a young buck have his way with the girls oblivious to my presence just a few feet away.
Old 12-10-2013, 20:30   #292

Boat: Oyster 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
I hate to ask for graphic descriptions but to the OP, other than wandering around naked and doing calestics, what were they doing that could be described as exhibitionism or offensive? Were they fondling themselves or doing something clearly intentional?

Unless there is more detail you aren't sharing, it sounds like they were just comfortable with their bodies and you aren't.
This thread has never been so much about nakedness but more to do on whether it is appropriate.

The incident in question was is a crowded anchorage where the boats were swinging often only a few meters away. The three men in question were the nearest boat to us.

Around the anchorage were hotels and beaches that hired out pedalos and canoes to people and families with children who would come out the short distance from the beach between the boats.

There were other naked people on boats but only on boats. None on the beach and none on the pedalos.

Why weren't they naked on the beach? Probably because it wasn't appropriate or it was against the law.

We sail naked and depending on where we are anchored will go naked if we think it appropriate.

Both my wife and I are quiet happy with our bodies and usually have no problems with being naked.

These three men were not being overtly sexual but would find any excuse to wander onto the deck, exercise or just generally parade every time my wife was in view.

To her it was threatening to the point she did not want to be on deck and eventually we left.

There was no doubt in my mind and hers that they were just not going about there business but were exhibiting themselves,

There were families on pedalos who saw the same and headed directly away from their boat.

What i am saying is that nakedness is not wrong but it has to be appropriate.

Some people on here write as if it is there right (which it is) but stuff everyone else.. they will do what they want and anyone who objects is mad, a religious freak or has been brought up wrong.

We are not. We just also like to have consideration for others and be appropriate.

We may be in the minority judging by some of the replies but that is they way were are and we will always try to be the same.
Old 12-10-2013, 20:55   #293

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Well you have painted a different story than your first post or at least elaborated on it. You did the right thing about leaving.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 21:05   #294

"These three men were not being overtly sexual but would find any excuse to wander onto the deck, exercise or just generally parade every time my wife was in view."

This is the closest you came to answering the question in a long and rambling description that was mostly not about what the guys were doing.

So far you haven't described anything wrong. In fact you specifically state they weren't being overtly sexual. How often are they allowed to "parade" around deck before it becomes offensive?
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 21:12   #295

Quote:
"These three men were not being overtly sexual but would find any excuse to wander onto the deck, exercise or just generally parade every time my wife was in view."

This is the closest you came to answering the question in a long and rambling description that was mostly not about what the guys were doing.

So far you haven't described anything wrong. In fact you specifically state they weren't being overtly sexual. How often are they allowed to "parade" around deck before it becomes offensive?
I will just accept that I am a religious nut, mad or brought up wrong. I don't need to argue the point. My wife felt so uncomfortable she would not come on deck. This has never happened before and that is good enough for me.
Old 12-10-2013, 21:26   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrodamus View Post
I will just accept that I am a religious nut, mad or brought up wrong. I don't need to argue the point. My wife felt so uncomfortable she would not come on deck. This has never happened before and that is good enough for me.
If you are uncomfortable with a legal harmless activity, it is your choice to leave and that can be a valid choice. But to imply they were doing something nefarious, when there is no supporting evidence is wrong.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 21:30   #297

what your saying is these three men were not following proper behavior when around others. Would be no different if you were in a shirt and tie restruant and three men came in not properly dressed exhibiting rude behavior. Some people find it difficult to understand that what they are doing may be inappropriate. I represented an air force colonel that had problems because of his actions around female coworkers. He would stare at them and ask questions of personal nature which most handled diplomatically even if uncomfortable. Took me two years to get him to finally understand what he was doing and when he did he was able to change his behavior. My guess is that these three men were like the Colonel and had not a clue that what they were doing was offensive to others.
Its a big world out there and we are all different.

God bless
Old 12-10-2013, 21:36   #298

Quote:
If you are uncomfortable with a legal harmless activity, it is your choice to leave and that can be a valid choice. But to imply they were doing something nefarious, when there is no supporting evidence is wrong.
The evidence of my wife's feelings is enough for me.
Old 12-10-2013, 21:43   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrodamus View Post
The evidence of my wife's feelings is enough for me.
me to, I am satisfied the three guys were entirely out of line. There is a black sheep in every flock
I hope those three guys read this thread.
Old 12-10-2013, 22:51   #300

Boat: Watkins 29'
If I had a couple youngins aboard I guess I wouldn't mind an Adam and Eve type couple as neighbors, but three guys? Brokeback sailing? Nah...

Tags
sail, sailing