Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 07:37   #151
Registered User
 
Liunatic's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Key West
Boat: '83 Endeavour 40
Posts: 133
Re: Naked sailing!

"Naked sea lions are really offensive, not to mention smelly. Noisy and lewd, pushing and shoving yelling at the top of their lungs....arguing over fish, arguing over mates or just indolently laying around bare naked. Its a disgrace! No matter what you say or do, they persist in their naked belligerence. Just try to get one to shave or wear a tie. "

Idora, I thought that was hilarious!!

As to the rest of this thread -
__________________

__________________
Life's a journey, not a destination
Liunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:37   #152
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Images: 3
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
i thought you were trying to say no guilt or shame at all.
quite disgusting, people having casual sex with anyone, something tells me the girls are not 18 or even 16 when they started having sex. many places there is still no guilt or shame with sex, and grown men sexually abuse children in public......
i would say guilt and shame and religion, are good for a nation, not bad.

This is a thread about simple nudity, ( i used that term for a reason). Its has nothing to do with sex or all the other hang-ups people have.

sex and religion have nothing to do with nudity.

dave
__________________

__________________
Check out my new blog on smart boat technology, networking and gadgets for the connected sailor! - http://smartboats.tumblr.com
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:38   #153
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: medusa NY
Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Posts: 2,098
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
A very open mind....
some laws, are very true, and cannot be broken.
the law of non-contradiction is one that cannot be broken.
i can respect others rights to be wrong, but that does not make them right.
__________________
scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:38   #154
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: medusa NY
Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Posts: 2,098
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
sex and religion have nothing to do with nudity.

dave
respectfully, yes, they do. they are inseparable.
__________________
scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:39   #155
Registered User
 
Doodles's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia, USA & Krabi, Thailand
Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35; Nordica 16
Posts: 2,810
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post

This is a thread about simple nudity, ( i used that term for a reason). Its has nothing to do with sex or all the other hang-ups people have.

sex and religion have nothing to do with nudity.

dave
Then what are those fig leaves for?
__________________
Mundis Ex Igne Factus Est
Doodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:40   #156
Registered User
 
ShaktiGurl's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Location: West Palm Beach
Boat: Leopard 40
Posts: 365
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
clothing covers sex organs. i am married, and do not wish to see naked women. i am still a man, and will feel lust. i look away now if i notice a woman wearing a skimpy two piece, or a girl wearing shorts with no inseam. no, breasts are not sex organs. i could go either way on the covering up part. should they have to? no. should they be modest about it? yes.
Then I would say the shame is not in my nudity but your inability to deal with your emotional reactions to it.
__________________
ShaktiGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:40   #157
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Images: 3
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
no, i am autistic, and feel little to no empathy....

my wife works extensively with autism, have a read of this link Autism and Empathy
lets dispel that convenient mis truth.

dave
__________________
Check out my new blog on smart boat technology, networking and gadgets for the connected sailor! - http://smartboats.tumblr.com
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:41   #158
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Images: 3
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
clothing covers sex organs. i am married, and do not wish to see naked women. i am still a man, and will feel lust. i look away now if i notice a woman wearing a skimpy two piece, or a girl wearing shorts with no inseam. no, breasts are not sex organs. i could go either way on the covering up part. should they have to? no. should they be modest about it? y
I suggest a relocation to Saudi Arabia, where you ideals match exactly that of the locals.

dave
__________________
Check out my new blog on smart boat technology, networking and gadgets for the connected sailor! - http://smartboats.tumblr.com
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:43   #159
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Images: 3
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
Then what are those fig leaves for?
I havent seen many figs eaten in the med in general , so the leaves are not that common

dave
__________________
Check out my new blog on smart boat technology, networking and gadgets for the connected sailor! - http://smartboats.tumblr.com
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:46   #160
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: medusa NY
Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Posts: 2,098
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaktiGurl View Post
Then I would say the shame is not in my nudity but your inability to deal with your emotional reactions to it.
your correct. some may possess a unique ability to not be aroused by the opposite sex, i however am a man, whom is attracted to women. i may also say if your naked, and waving your nudity in a mans face with more control then me, he may still be aroused. at what point/distance is it ok? it is ok on a plane? when i pass by your seat, naked, and my genitals are less then a foot from your face? or is 1000' from your boat far enough?
IMO if i need binoculars to see detail, your far enough away to be naked.
that is my comfort level, what right is it of yours to make someone uncomfortable?
__________________
scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47   #161
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: medusa NY
Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Posts: 2,098
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
my wife works extensively with autism, have a read of this link Autism and Empathy
lets dispel that convenient mis truth.

dave
not everyone fits in the same box, lets dispel that myth.
__________________
scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:48   #162
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Images: 3
Re: Naked sailing!

Look this a nonsense argument, Ive sailed the med for years and spent months anchored in and round many bays . Nudity doesnt "abound" in that on public beaches you will see generally only toplessness. At anchor , occasionally you will see complete nude families etc , going about their business, in a quiet and self contained way.

To start putting some sexual overtone or this scene is both wrong and morally corrupt. Its attempts to drive the argument to extremes or to moralise from one own moral position which is not relevant.

To futher suggest as in one quote , that merely becuase they are naked, men are somehow associated with potential abuse is to further taint the argument in an attempt to moralise.

Reading the posts, virtually to a man and women , with one or two exceptions, people support , in places like the med, public nudiity, which is not uncommon particularly on boats,

dave
__________________
Check out my new blog on smart boat technology, networking and gadgets for the connected sailor! - http://smartboats.tumblr.com
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:48   #163
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: medusa NY
Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Posts: 2,098
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
I suggest a relocation to Saudi Arabia, where you ideals match exactly that of the locals.

dave

i am of Jewish decent. they would spot it as quick as Hitler. it is true, many would not care, but enough do.
__________________
scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:56   #164
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,649
Images: 3
Re: Naked sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
your correct. some may possess a unique ability to not be aroused by the opposite sex, i however am a man, whom is attracted to women. i may also say if your naked, and waving your nudity in a mans face with more control then me, he may still be aroused. at what point/distance is it ok? it is ok on a plane? when i pass by your seat, naked, and my genitals are less then a foot from your face? or is 1000' from your boat far enough?
IMO if i need binoculars to see detail, your far enough away to be naked.
that is my comfort level, what right is it of yours to make someone uncomfortable?
Sorry Scoobert, this is an extraordinary dangerous argument, one that is used to justify sexual violence against women ( the "slut" argument). as the father of two daughters ( and I agree with another poster, who are more conservative then their parents)I take offsense at these remarks.

SO are you saying that sitting on a nude beach, a person walks buy ( often quite close) , its gives you a right to feel they are doing something wrong because you may be aroused.

Furthermore , merely becuase you sexualise a situation is not a requirement that others cover themselves.

YOU are the problem in that situation and therefore you should remove yourself from it.

stop the "reductio ab absurdum" arguments as well. No one is naked on an aircraft in public view.

Dave
__________________
Check out my new blog on smart boat technology, networking and gadgets for the connected sailor! - http://smartboats.tumblr.com
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:58   #165
Registered User
 
ShaktiGurl's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Location: West Palm Beach
Boat: Leopard 40
Posts: 365
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
not everyone fits in the same box, lets dispel that myth.
And some use it as a convenient excuse for behavior. You set up ridiculous arguments. We are discussing people being able to be nude while in/on their own residence. "Waving my nudity"? What about just existing? On my own boat? The issue is still in your head, along with the shame. Turns out I can live with you feeling shame or arousal or whatever. Sounds like you would like to limit my freedom on my own residence because of your own self-made discomfort.
__________________

__________________
ShaktiGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sail, sailing

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:53.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.