Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2011, 05:10   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oz
Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
Posts: 165
Images: 8
My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Hi all

Tonight I watched an episode of "My Family's Crazy Gap Year" of an English family circumnavigating on a 46’ Cat over the period of a year (on the box here last week).

Covers section from UK to Australia. Highly recommended.

Here’s a link to the whole episode – care 235mb.
ABC iView - My Family's Crazy Gap Year Series 1

Cheers
__________________

__________________
kjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 05:28   #2
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 20,226
Images: 2
pirate Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames View Post
Hi all

Tonight I watched an episode of "My Family's Crazy Gap Year" of an English family circumnavigating on a 46’ Cat over the period of a year (on the box here last week).

Covers section from UK to Australia. Highly recommended.

Here’s a link to the whole episode – care 235mb.
ABC iView - My Family's Crazy Gap Year Series 1

Cheers
Thanks for the link... only viewable for folks in OZ unfortunately...
Its the thought that counts....
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 05:41   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oz
Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
Posts: 165
Images: 8
Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Thanks for that Boatman.
Just found this link - from the UK I think
My Family's Crazy Gap Year - 4oD - Channel 4
It is the episode about the Lawrences.
Cheers
__________________
kjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 05:45   #4
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 20,226
Images: 2
pirate Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

ROFL.... living in Portugal does have some minor drawback...
accessing links like this for one...
but thanks for the efforts mate.. appreciated
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 05:47   #5
********* Emeritus
 
SaucySailoress's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,236
Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

So what about for those of us who don't live in Oz or UK? Have to get HWMO onto it with his special talents, perhaps...
__________________

SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 05:56   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oz
Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
Posts: 165
Images: 8
Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Bugger x 2!! What can I say. Keep an eye out for it on TV. I'm sure most people on CF would enjoy it.

Any experts here that can work their way around this?

Cruise to Oz / UK perhaps?
__________________
kjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 06:09   #7
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 20,226
Images: 2
pirate Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames View Post
Bugger x 2!! What can I say. Keep an eye out for it on TV. I'm sure most people on CF would enjoy it.

Any experts here that can work their way around this?

Cruise to Oz / UK perhaps?
Only thing worth cruising to the UK for is a delivery... then get out fast...
OZ... never been so can't comment
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 06:46   #8
Registered User
 
pillum's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In Aberdeen, Scotland, but retiring to Spain.
Boat: Westerly W-35 (Latterly sold as Conway 36 Aft Cockpit)
Posts: 509
Images: 28
Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Boatman!!! The land that gave you birth... It will only get better with people working at it from the inside, not throwing stones at it from the outside.
__________________
pillum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 06:58   #9
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 20,226
Images: 2
pirate Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillum View Post
Boatman!!! The land that gave you birth... It will only get better with people working at it from the inside, not throwing stones at it from the outside.
Whose throwing stones... was born there then from the age of 3mths till 15yrs lived in Pakistan... went back and joined the Navy as a boy seaman...
Problem is I'm bronchial and over the years had a few bike smashes so now I'm in my 60's although I love the country and 95% of what it is... the chest/bones and ligaments suffer to much in the cold and damp...
Short periods are fine but more than a month either side of July/August/Sept is a killer for me... so I run for the sun...
Sigh... why do folks usually look for the negative and not the humour... it'd be a much nicer world if they did...
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 07:06   #10
********* Emeritus
 
SaucySailoress's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,236
Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillum View Post
Boatman!!! The land that gave you birth... It will only get better with people working at it from the inside, not throwing stones at it from the outside.
Count yer blessings - I'm sure it's a better country without one or two stone throwers in it

(((((x x x Boatman x x x)))))
__________________

SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 05:03   #11
Registered User
 
pillum's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In Aberdeen, Scotland, but retiring to Spain.
Boat: Westerly W-35 (Latterly sold as Conway 36 Aft Cockpit)
Posts: 509
Images: 28
Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Whose throwing stones... was born there then from the age of 3mths till 15yrs lived in Pakistan... went back and joined the Navy as a boy seaman...
Problem is I'm bronchial and over the years had a few bike smashes so now I'm in my 60's although I love the country and 95% of what it is... the chest/bones and ligaments suffer to much in the cold and damp...
Short periods are fine but more than a month either side of July/August/Sept is a killer for me... so I run for the sun...
Sigh... why do folks usually look for the negative and not the humour... it'd be a much nicer world if they did...
I sometimes take things too seriously Boatman... Sorry if I offended you.
__________________
pillum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 05:45   #12
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 20,226
Images: 2
pirate Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillum View Post
I sometimes take things too seriously Boatman... Sorry if I offended you.
Pillum.... rarely take offense mate.. you'll know when I have... and the Mod's will kick me off....
Have a good one...
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 05:51   #13
********* Emeritus
 
SaucySailoress's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,236
Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
the Mod's will kick me off....
Aw Honey.... Don't you worry, your guardian angel is looking over you
__________________

SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 05:52   #14
Senior Cruiser
 
Talbot's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Brighton, UK
Boat: Privilege 37
Posts: 3,579
Images: 32
Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjames View Post
Thanks for that Boatman.
Just found this link - from the UK I think
My Family's Crazy Gap Year - 4oD - Channel 4
It is the episode about the Lawrences.
Cheers

Doesnt work for me.
__________________
"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
Robert A Heinlein
Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 06:31   #15
********* Emeritus
 
SaucySailoress's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,236
Re: My Family's Crazy Gap Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
Doesnt work for me.
Hey Talbot - one's only for UK viewers, and one's for Oz viewers. We, sadly, as a majority, are being discriminated against.
__________________

__________________

SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KMP2 gap paulino Propellers & Drive Systems 4 11-11-2008 04:26
tabbing repair - mind the gap Patrick_DeepPlaya Construction, Maintenance & Refit 4 08-08-2008 01:12
ZipGet and the 'Weather Gap' here... Euro Cruiser General Sailing Forum 0 08-04-2005 02:17



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:17.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.