Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2008, 04:18   #16

Boat: Marine Trader 34DC
Ian, Have broadband, did all that, got the email for acct number and password, logged on and no download. Just round and round on the information page for the account I just set up and nothing else.

The Trawler Beach House
Voyages Of Sea Trek
AnchorageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:36   #17

Boat: Sunseeker Portofino 375
Hi Chuck,

Sorry for the inconvinience your opinion is greatly appreciated if you go to the registration page and scroll down you will see a red download button for those without CD you can ten connect to the download page when download is complete you must extract the files from the zip file click set up and it should work. We are currently adjusting the registration and free download to make it more straight forward. We are only young worth the effort the software is really good. And we need top skippers like yourself to help spread the word. Any problems please do not hesitate to contact support@movingweather.com and they will be delighted to help
Many thanks
Ian
Ian Hornblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:40   #18

Hi Chuck,

Fogot to mention I have been reading your blog you are living my dream fantastic reading I would so love to do what you are doing total respect

Ian
Old 01-07-2008, 20:35   #19

Chuck..."And the second one is ?????"
Well...my dates were off but my instincts were right about Ian.
FWIW...I tend to tune out any commercially interested party who does not immediately identify himself a such when attempting to tout a product. I'm sure you are a fine guy Ian...but I find your initial approach here to be rather disingenuous. I give you credit for quickly admitting you affiliation. Peace.

camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 21:17   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
I dont' register for "free" stuff. It's a matter of principle and one of my many anti-spamming defenses.

If the product is that good they don't need your name.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 00:33   #21

Its not free Dan it is a free trial lets you try before you buy and make up your own mind on the merits of the product all leading software companies with good products operate the same way your privacy is protected legally.

Cam Please note I answered a thread I found on a google search about movingweather I am familiar with the company in that I use the product thought it was so good I invested in it. I thought I made that very clear on my first post, stop trying to suggest I am working undercover in some misleading or sinister way.

As a skipper like you I have many opinions and like to share them with fellow boat enthusiasts my favourite yacht is an oyster, I prefer Simrad navionics, I think EPIRBS should be compulsory on all vessels. Perhaps I work for Simrad and the EPIRB marketing board as well!

You need to get out more Cam, for those interested in movingweather which is what this thread is about, and started some 18 months ago, I have responded to a request for more information that I thought would help, all be it a little late John M has probably sold his boat by now anyway.

It is a good product, worth a try, make your own mind up.
safe boating to all
Ian
Old 02-07-2008, 05:32   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hornblow View Post
Hi Chuck,

Sorry for the inconvinience your opinion is greatly appreciated if you go to the registration page and scroll down you will see a red download button for those without CD you can ten connect to the download page when download is complete you must extract the files from the zip file click set up and it should work.

We are currently adjusting the registration and free download to make it more straight forward. We are only young worth the effort the software is really good.

And we need top skippers like yourself to help spread the word. Any problems please do not hesitate to contact support@movingweather.com and they will be delighted to help
Many thanks
Ian
You are either in or out - "We" indicates you are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hornblow View Post
I am familiar with the company in that I use the product thought it was so good I invested in it.
I am invested in Microsoft - "we" are not working on Windows releases together, therefor I do not represent Microsoft when I say that Office is a great software package. I own stock.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't care what your relationship is and I really don't want to fight. But I can read and you are really contradicting yourself - even more than I usually do.

BTW - Free download or free trial or whatever. As a consumer I choose NOT to download free samples or free trials if I have to register. If your company, whatever your relationship is, chooses to ignore my feedback, that's cool.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:45   #23

Sorry guys this is all getting a bit weird, apologies for trying to enlighten john and bring this information for your attention. I feel you are missing the point a bit.

Movingweather is a new weather forecsating software and it is in my opinion pretty good so I have answered the original enquiry and bought it to your attention.

Whatever you decide to do with that information is up to you and I totally respect your decision.

Best wishes and safe boating

Ian
Old 02-07-2008, 09:04   #24
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Hey, guys, reading through this thread, I don't find any reason to make Ian Hornblow feel unwelcome here. His posts have been helpful, and he's disclosed his interests in the service.

Thanks, Ian, and welcome to Crusisers Forum. Hope you settle in and enjoy the experience.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:20   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bristol 35 Bellesa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif View Post
I dont' register for "free" stuff. It's a matter of principle and one of my many anti-spamming defenses.

If the product is that good they don't need your name.

Hear Hear!!

Too many people want too much information about me just so I can trial their stuff, or at times even get some information on suitability.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 16:35   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
Hey, guys, reading through this thread, I don't find any reason to make Ian Hornblow feel unwelcome here. His posts have been helpful, and he's disclosed his interests in the service.

Thanks, Ian, and welcome to Crusisers Forum. Hope you settle in and enjoy the experience.
Ian - Please accept my apologies if I sounded rude. I am just trying to figure out who I'm talking to.

Hud - Point taken. We have lot's of folks here representing business and it is awesome to have the expertise available. Ian provided excellent advice on how to solve the download problem.
Old 02-07-2008, 17:13   #27

Boat: Marine Trader 34DC
Ian, Thanks for your help and the interest in our web site. I finally figured out how to get it to download. The little blue arrows to scroll are what threw me off so you might consider working on the accessibility to the download. It looks interesting but since we are under way I have not had the chance to play with it. Once I do I will let you know what I think. Don't get discouraged here because of the remarks of a few. There are a lot of great folks on this board.

The Trawler Beach House
Voyages Of Sea Trek
AnchorageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:17   #28

Boat: Hunter, hydro,28ft -FranBri
Send a message via Skype™ to frankdeegan
I have an Idea, get a rock an leave it outside, tomorrow (if it's wet..it's raining),(if it's dry..it's not raining,) (if the rock is gone...it's very windy)
frankdeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:29   #29

Hi All,

Many thanks guys I do feel very welcome we have some serious cruisers here and some beautiful boats and such beautiful locations. So much nicer than a damp but exciting Round the Island race last week (That is a popular UK race around the Isle of Wight as a pre cursor to Cowes week) to which our boat finished a respectable 24 in class and 424 over all out of 1800 yachts we would have been near the front had we not lost 30 minutes as our Genoa got twisted and caught up in the furling.

Very exciting race including Alex Thompson being disqulified with f1 driver Lewis Hamilton and Ben Ainsle on board for hitting another boat "Hugo Boss" Thompsons boat was all crunched on the front and the other yacht suffered a broken mast.

As for the weather movingweather is very good but Franks idea above is also 100% full proof, very easy to use, requires no registration, and free. well done Frank are you looking for investors to get this rock idea to market?

Thanks all chat soon and looking at some of your boat locations if you ever need crew!!!! safe boating and fun on the water

Ian
Old 06-07-2008, 14:11   #30

Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot
To get back to the ORIGINAL Question......If you want to download NOAA forecasts: try GRIB.US > Home. Its free and user friendly. You can also graft it or overlay it (whatever the technical term is) onto some of the moving charts computer programmes so that in a small way you can become your own "weather router". (At least, it works on Nobeltec!). This is all great fun but who believes in weather forecasts anyway??

Another one is www.pasageweather.com - also free. Tony
bvimatelot is offline   Reply With Quote