Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 07:16   #1

Boat: Lagoon 440
Miami Boat Show Seminars

My wife and I are planning to attend the boat show">Miami Boat Show and trying to decide if the all-day seminar being done by Jeff Grossman and Jean Levine Grossman; Two Can Sail Couples Cruising Seminar would be worthwhile. Has anyone attended, or know them to get a feel for the quality of the presentation? I know that if I spend $300 and they read PowerPoint slides the Admiral will not be happy!
bwells79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 19:04   #2

Boat: Hunter 45 CC
Re: Miami Boat Show Seminars

Bwells
did you get any feedback on the seminars offered by Two Can Sail
Sailor_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 06:48   #3

Boat: Lagoon 440

I did not get any feedback, but decided to attend the clinic. The Jeff and Jean are both Captains, live-a-boards, cruisers and have done deliveries, etc. Jean is also a Marine surveyor. The seminar is geared toward helping couples develop a five step plan to 'live the dream'. They address important issues such as boat selection, costs, getting good instruction and developing good communication. They also host or plan cruises and charters so people can try different types of boats, or women can sail without the husbands to learn and gain experience.

As part of the seminar we talked through the various challenges that face couples as they try to move forward with, typically one person having the crazy idea and the other going along reluctantly. They provide a means of talking through, then figuring how to get enough experience without making a huge leap. As time and money permit, we plan to utilize some of their services to try and get closer to the dream.

Hope this helps.
bwells79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 07:13   #4

I'm in a similar situation. Being newly retired I want to do some extended cruising. I appreciate feedback thanks
Old 20-03-2017, 08:02   #5

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor_Al View Post
Bwells
did you get any feedback on the seminars offered by Two Can Sail
Hi Al,

My wife and I also attended the "Two Can Sail" seminar at Strictly Sail. We enjoyed it, though wished they would have spent a little less time on how to choose and buy your boat, and more time on the day-to-day aspects of cruising as a couple. But then we already have our boat - most of the other attendees did not have a boat yet, so would likely have a different perspective.

We met one couple that lives near us, so made new friends with whom we've been out to dinner with since. I'm away on an extended business trip, but once I get home we are planning to go sailing together too.

Regards,
David.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Davidhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 16:06   #6

Thanks for the information I'll be watching for thier seminars that other boat shows in the area

Tags
boat, boat show, miami, miami boat show