Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 09-01-2016, 23:41   #61

Boat: Ohlson 29
Re: Man and dog found dead on yacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
where a lot of people were doubting him to the point the Mods had to remove some of the posts.
Including posts made by people telling others what not to post / how to post.

Seriously ...

Way too many threads on this forum consist of a couple of real posts followed by pages of people posting on how others should post

Old 10-01-2016, 00:57   #62

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35. and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle Flugga View Post

Of course I have every sympathy with his family and feel very sad that this has occurred to a fellow sailor.
Then good you finally posted it

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

http://wwwjolielle.blogspot.com/
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:05   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
Including posts made by people telling others what not to post / how to post.

Seriously ...

Way too many threads on this forum consist of a couple of real posts followed by pages of people posting on how others should post
If you're referring to myself, I am asking people to consider his loss, his family's loss. People get so caught up in who done it. What shoulda, coulda and woulda.
I'm not telling others what not to post. Just what to consider with peoples feelings. I've been on CF for about 10 years now. I have seen many people here get their feeling hurt and slip away. I use to sit back and watch it happen. Now I figure you're part of the problem or part of the solution. Yes, I get a nasty-gram from a Mod now and again, so I try to keep my toes this side of the hot sand.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

Old 10-01-2016, 01:08   #64
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.
Boat: triton 721 24' x 9' 1985 Cutter rigged.

Celestial, fwiw, you didnt seem to me to be an antagonist. Clearly compassionate, here and elsewhere.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:14   #65

Boat: 55' sloop.

Quote:
Then good you finally posted it
My humblest apologies, O father confessor.
‘Structural engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyse as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess in such a way that the public at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.’
Muckle Flugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:28   #66

Boat: 55' sloop.

Quote:
If you're referring to myself, I am asking people to consider his loss, his family's loss. People get so caught up in who done it. What shoulda, coulda and woulda.
I'm not telling others what not to post. Just what to consider with peoples feelings. I've been on CF for about 10 years now. I have seen many people here get their feeling hurt and slip away. I use to sit back and watch it happen. Now I figure you're part of the problem or part of the solution. Yes, I get a nasty-gram from a Mod now and again, so I try to keep my toes this side of the hot sand.
Not a single thing was posted above about "who done it, what shoulda, coulda and woulda", but rather what possibly happened. That last question would be uppermost in the minds of this person's family right now, as well. When I have participated in threads on public forums hosted by the friends and family of missing sailors (such as Cheeki Rafiki and catamaran Sunsail RC044-978) my comments have been welcomed by those family and friends and I remain in contact with several of them. I do not feel my comments here were particularly insensitive, and had nothing to do with any of the types of speculation you specifically mention, so I don't know why you bother to list them.

Whose feelings on this thread was I or any of the other posters in the first couple of pages hurting? I wasn't offensive, or otherwise disparaging. I made no comment or implication whatever about the skill or practises of the sailor in question other than positively in fact. I was merely thinking out loud about what may have happened, as were others. Really I don't see why this occasions you to come on and police the thread as if somehow those of us who posted did so maliciously. You reference several other threads which have nothing to do with this one in any way whatsoever and now bring up a series of lines of inquiry which weren't addressed in any way. By the way, I've been on here a little shy of 8 years and haven't had a single "nasty-gram" from a mod, and have had a note of thanks relating to a post of mine on the first page of this very thread, to which you apparently take exception.

Or is it that you want myself and Lizzy and others to quietly "slip away" as well? Anyhow I won't address your comments on this again. Please if you offer a critique of my posts in the future, try to reference what I actually said, rather than gesture at something completely unrelated.
‘Structural engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyse as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess in such a way that the public at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.’
Muckle Flugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 02:23   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle Flugga View Post
Anyhow I won't address your comments on this again.
Thanx for doing us the favor

Old 10-01-2016, 04:56   #68

Boat: 1979 Bristol 35.5 CB

In keeping with the traditions of the sea, and in lieu of any substantial information, this thread will now devolve into silly bickering.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:05   #69
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.

NO, IT WONT.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:38   #70

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
in Europe if you want to travel with your animals they need to be micro chipped and have valid rabies and other vaccinations.

all this is recorded in the pets "passport".

no photo nessacary as the micro chip in the animals left fore limb carrys its id number to match its passport id/ chip number

the chip is scanned before entering countries where quarantine restrictions apply eg united kingdom
Whew!

Had a dog that lost his starboard aft leg to cancer... woulda been pissed if I had to re-chip him !

I did regularly ask... and usually received a 25% discount on hotel pet charges though...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:41   #71
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Happy...you are freakin' mad
Old 10-01-2016, 05:52   #72
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor View Post
Whew!

Had a dog that lost his starboard aft leg to cancer... woulda been pissed if I had to re-chip him !

I did regularly ask... and usually received a 25% discount on hotel pet charges though...
soon the chips will be available FREE from the government for all newborn babies
Old 10-01-2016, 06:01   #73

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlara 3 View Post
Happy...you are freakin' mad
Life's too short... and sometimes I think a little outside the box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
soon the chips will be available FREE from the government for all newborn babies
Don't you know it brother... Paypal forehead scans aren't far behind !

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:11   #74
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

YOU lot are going to get ME!! into trouble.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:13   #75
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

And Gordmay was reading!! Jesus.

Tags
yacht

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: