Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 19:47   #1

Boat: MirroMarine 28'
Send a message via Skype™ to Myles alan
Looking for Sailboat Plans (even old one(s))

ok, first let me apologize, I probably have some audacity asking for boat building plans butt...Ive gotten several and i just cant figure out how to correctly make the curve and height on each of the molds much less make hide or hair out of the rest of the thing. So, forgive me and perhaps choose to help me with something ive been wanting to do for years, build my own dang sailboat (and if it is a sloop- ill dance at your wedding). I know there are online courses and online plans for purchase but right now i cant budget for these. Ive found several web sites like Svensons that offer plans from the 30's and 40's but the print is small and i cant figure out the 3 number "table of offsets". looking for 15-24 foot day sailor. Maybe i can offer something in exchange. such as, i own a gps/smartphone based navigation system T815. It is new in da box and sold for $249. But it will only work with a "smartphone - Bluetooth enabled, then you get maps to appear on the screen of the phone. Now i only have one of these so i can only offer one to the first set of plans i can read. And i will post the name of the recipient if theyll let me. so, whatdoyousay? anybody want to help a kid be a boatsmith? An old kid? Ok, thanks for listening and i guess im done whining for now. do love this web site! -myles
Myles alan is offline   Reply With Quote