Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 13-10-2016, 21:05   #31

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38
Re: Lens replacement for contacts

I'm thinking about lasik. I'm reading a lot of comments about the proceedure not lasting but 5-7 years.
But I've not seen the stars at night well since my teens. Now that I'll be doing something more extraordinary, I want to see it! I have astigmatism in both eyes. Even with glasses I don't see all that well. I always feel I am missing out. Even a few years of clarity in seeing would be worth it to me!
In the cost benefit analysis, some things seem "priceless".

Old 13-10-2016, 21:58   #32

Boat: 1980 san juan 7.7
Re: Lens replacement for contacts

I had lasik done years ago, so did my wife. Both of us had 20/20 vision the next morning. Even better a couple weeks later. I had astigmatism but she didn't.
It's been at least 17 years since we had it done. My vision is still perfect. Allison needs glasses for night driving(depth perception) but she had problems with that before surgery.
It was well worth it, but I would follow the surgeons advice If they say you aren't a good candidate, there's a lot of experience behind that opinion.
I read a couple responses on cheaper places to get it done. This is one of those things you want quality over price. It's your eyes, spend the extra on a reputable place.
Good luck

Tags
men

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: