Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 20:48   #16
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Excellent analysis in your post #14, Eric, and very disheartening! I had had a more sanguine, but apparently unenlightened, view of those aboard the Ha-Ha fleet.

I wonder if part of the problem is that many of those boats are carrying crews slapped together, often last-minute, by boat-owners who can't take the time to thoroughly check them out first. If it's the boats' owners, then I'm completely disgusted.

If you don't mind, I would like to bring the information you've posted to the attention of Latitude 38. It would be interesting to read their response.

TaoJones
Old 09-08-2007, 20:57   #17

I got pretty upset about it as well when i first heard it. We actually had 5 thefts, but on 3 nights, so something like this:

Night a: 1 break in
Night b: 2 break ins (same people doing both)
Night c: 2 breaks ins (same people doing both)

We're only one marina out of a dozen or so in San Diego harbor, and we can't be sure it was the HaHa crews, but apparently it's going on for years, is harbor wide, and times perfectly with the HaHa arrival.

I thought about sending it to the Lat 38 people, but I would probably want to ask some of the other marinas first and do a little investigative work before I sent something into them. So far everything I know is second hand, although I remember clearly being talked to by the harbor police last October when a neighbor's boat (2 boats over) was robbed.

There's a lot of good people in the HaHa though. I would want to put it into full prospective and get my facts correct before I made any opinions beyond what I already know.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 18:43   #18

Boat: Dolphin 460 Catamaran WONDERLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones
I could as easily believe that it's "Ameritrash." I would suspect the native residents of the islands last of all.

TaoJones
Yeah, natives never commit crimes, NOT. Those numerous stories in the Caribbean compass and local caribbean newpapers, written BY NATIVES, about NATIVES comitting crimes must not be true.

Lookie here, NATIVES ARE AT IT AGAIN IN ANOTHER COUNTRY

Latitude 38 - Northern California's Premier Sailing and Marine Magazine August 10th

Truth is, natives steal in every county. They just happen to be different natives in different countries

I dont really see humans as "trash" though, whether "Euro or Ameri"

K
Keegan is offline   Reply With Quote