Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2012, 19:38   #91

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Latts and Atts: Something Happened

"Hang in... as Arnold said so well, "I'll be back!"

Bob & Jody
Berry Creek, CA

Thanks for the warning Bob.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 19:59   #92

Boat: Ed Monk designed 34' Sloop Second Wind
Re: Latts and Atts: Something happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Hi Brad...pretty much characterizes my thoughts also. He used the same approach to EZ rider rag. It changed the lifestyle of Harley Motorcycle enthusiast to drunken party bikers. I know not everybody changed their lifestyle with L&A but I saw a few who supported it. Bottom line...to each his own. Like you, I flipped through one at a book store now and again.
I'll give them this...They had a good photo department. The opinions expressed in the rag, I'd would just shake my head at and put the mag back on the stand.
EZ Rider was not even dreamed of at Hollister in 1947. It was Hollister that changed the riding culture not EZ Riders.

No raisin pie for you!

Brad
Ironhorse74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 20:09   #93

Boat: Ed Monk designed 34' Sloop Second Wind

I knew Bob from the bad old days while he was writing motorcycle articles. Always a good guy. I was sorry to hear he had sold Lats & Atts. Hope everything turns out great for him and Jody.

Brad
Ironhorse74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 21:01   #94

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse74 View Post
EZ Rider was not even dreamed of at Hollister in 1947. It was Hollister that changed the riding culture not EZ Riders.

No raisin pie for you!

Brad
Actually, It was not Hollister where the "I'm a Bad Boy attitude started". It was the movie "Wild One" which was based on that over-blown incident and came out in 1953. All Bob did was make it ok for the weekend warriors to be part time Bad Boys.
...No cupie doll for you...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 01:59   #95

Boat: Irwin Citation 34

I'd like to see Latts and Atts rise from the ashes. I need to point out, however, that Bob is on the doorstep of 70 and a heartbeat from broke. It is not likely, unless some talented folks step up to the plate to partner with Bob. Couple of 100K would be good too.
TomandAnitas34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:28   #96

Boat: 1982 Catalina 25 Yacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Actually, It was not Hollister where the "I'm a Bad Boy attitude started". It was the movie "Wild One" which was based on that over-blown incident and came out in 1953. All Bob did was make it ok for the weekend warriors to be part time Bad Boys.
...No cupie doll for you...
It was a combination of Hollister....the Life magazine picture....and the movie.

OWOF.
1982 Catalina 25, #2897; SR/FK/Traditional; Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas.
JoeDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:52   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandAnitas34 View Post
I'd like to see Latts and Atts rise from the ashes. I need to point out, however, that Bob is on the doorstep of 70 and a heartbeat from broke. It is not likely, unless some talented folks step up to the plate to partner with Bob. Couple of 100K would be good too.
sure. lets see, there is a shannon boat bill of hundreds of thousands someone can pay; a bad deal that seems to be winding up in court with hundreds of thousands of lawyers bills probably needing payment; oh, dont forget the taxes which probably amount to, well probably lots of money; and finally a culture that has move onwards away from sailboat cruising causing a lot of boat magazines big headaches. nope, times change. best bob can do is catch the culprits and turn them over to a biker's group for some grilling.

he might check out a certain guy called barry bellefontaine who just might be the guy behind his problems. con artist. was living in bali after ripping off folks in hawaii of millions. hear he had surfaced in california several years ago. barry had a 50' ketch(force 50 if i remember correctly) and lot of gold he stole from folks. somehow the guy bob sold his mag to reminds me of barry. anyhow anyone who can pass this message on to bob, thanks.
reed1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 13:42   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1v View Post
sure. lets see, there is a shannon boat bill of hundreds of thousands someone can pay; a bad deal that seems to be winding up in court with hundreds of thousands of lawyers bills probably needing payment; oh, dont forget the taxes which probably amount to, well probably lots of money; and finally a culture that has move onwards away from sailboat cruising causing a lot of boat magazines big headaches. nope, times change. best bob can do is catch the culprits and turn them over to a biker's group for some grilling.

he might check out a certain guy called barry bellefontaine who just might be the guy behind his problems. con artist. was living in bali after ripping off folks in hawaii of millions. hear he had surfaced in california several years ago. barry had a 50' ketch(force 50 if i remember correctly) and lot of gold he stole from folks. somehow the guy bob sold his mag to reminds me of barry. anyhow anyone who can pass this message on to bob, thanks.

Well both you guys are wrong... First when has age anything to do with it.. talk about discriminatory... you two must be young and think anyone over 40 is at deaths doorstep...
Shannon: if I recall the shannon folks took that project over..
lost soul, was repoed by her owner..
Bob sold the mag and stuff to a shyster... lets leave it at that, he is not thrilled about what happened.... however the mag has risen from the ashes to be the Cruising Outpost. Database to the chatboard must still be his, as Steve just moved it to the new webpage.

Ya know, I wish them nothing but the best... you two naysayers need to quit sucking sour limes... who peed in your wheaties today.. eh...

here ya go, subscribe to the new mag. or not....
Cruising Outpost | Sailing on the Edge of Civilization

FB page..
Cruising Outpost - Travel/Leisure - Hermosa Beach, CA | Facebook

of course both of need some time under some sails me thinks...
bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 13:48   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandAnitas34 View Post
Gosh what a snide remark.. since when has age anything to do with anything.. obviously you are "young"...

FYI...MY mom is 93, lives at home, takes care of all her business including investing, cooked last christmas dinner, refused help for 15 ppl... sorry darlin'.. oh and just got back from a road trip to visit her baby brother.. he is 88 and still doing well. My uncle, dad's brother played golf three times a week till two weeks before he died at 96 last yr. He walked the course too... Do not presume to assume that age is a barrier to diddly...

please refer to my previous post with url's... personally I feel you owe all us almost dead old people an apology.. lmao.. I am not far behind bob and I sure as hel am still doing well.. sheesh..
Old 04-08-2012, 17:19   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Well both you guys are wrong... First when has age anything to do with it.. talk about discriminatory... you two must be young and think anyone over 40 is at deaths doorstep...
Shannon: if I recall the shannon folks took that project over..
lost soul, was repoed by her owner..
Bob sold the mag and stuff to a shyster... lets leave it at that, he is not thrilled about what happened.... however the mag has risen from the ashes to be the Cruising Outpost. Database to the chatboard must still be his, as Steve just moved it to the new webpage.

Ya know, I wish them nothing but the best... you two naysayers need to quit sucking sour limes... who peed in your wheaties today.. eh...

here ya go, subscribe to the new mag. or not....
Cruising Outpost | Sailing on the Edge of Civilization

FB page..
Cruising Outpost - Travel/Leisure - Hermosa Beach, CA | Facebook

of course both of need some time under some sails me thinks...
you sound like a very nasty old man who drinks too much. i was just trying to help bob out. if the two guys are one in the same person that took over his business, then he has a lot more legal firepower to shoot with. i knew bob when he was down in the ala wai boat harbor back in the early 1990's. before his l&a hit the street. hope you sober up sometime and learn your manners.
Old 04-08-2012, 20:33   #101

Quote:
you sound like a very nasty old man who drinks too much. i was just trying to help bob out. if the two guys are one in the same person that took over his business, then he has a lot more legal firepower to shoot with. i knew bob when he was down in the ala wai boat harbor back in the early 1990's. before his l&a hit the street. hope you sober up sometime and learn your manners.
you call the post I quoted polite? the nasty comments about Bob's age as if he has one foot on banana peel and one on the grave?

I don't drink for the record. I just get tired of naysayers. Of course when a naysayer gets called out then to make even more hateful comments.. dont assume unless you know. I am btw, a girl, you might want to get your eyes checked.. 'bella is not a male nick. Just because you knew Bob back in the day does not give you a pass on rude comments yourself..
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49   #102

Boat: HR 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Auspicious

Quote:
you sound like a very nasty old man who drinks too much.
The last time I saw 'bella she was a woman. If I recall correctly she didn't drink much.
Auspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54   #103
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i have seen pix of bella posted by someone who doesnt post wrong pix. she is not bad looking -- i will stop here.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:23   #104

[QUOTE=Auspicious;1005968]The last time I saw 'bella she was a woman. If I recall correctly she didn't drink much.[/QUO

our resident bull's name is "bella". good bull. dad to lots of little cows. so bully for her.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:44   #105

Boat: 1982 Catalina 25 Yacht

Quote:
our resident bull's name is "bella". good bull. dad to lots of little cows. so bully for her.
The some dumbas$ screwed up.

Bella
1982 Catalina 25, #2897; SR/FK/Traditional; Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas.
JoeDiver is offline   Reply With Quote