Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2010, 17:07   #91
Marine Service Provider
 
Factor's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane Australia
Boat: Corsair Dash MKII
Posts: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyermm View Post
I get out there a bit on a jet ski
That explains it
__________________

__________________
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 19:36   #92
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane
Boat: deboated
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
That explains it
"Factor" alias Andrew with his unbiased view of cat vs Mono

Andrew is also the Brisbane agent for Seawind Catamarans and a journalist with Multihull World Australia magazine.

Yes it does
__________________

__________________
meyermm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 21:16   #93
Registered User
 
sww914's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Punta De Mita
Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1
Posts: 1,842
Multihulls suck because they're too fast, too roomy, and they don't sink. Only girly-men would sail something like that.
The same is true of cars. Real men drive cars with hand cranks to start them, wooden wheels, and steel on steel brake bands.
__________________
sww914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 06:01   #94
Marine Service Provider
 
Factor's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane Australia
Boat: Corsair Dash MKII
Posts: 4,085
Ah Mr Meyermm - you missed the irony.

Subtle as it was.

Excellent detective work on outing me as a Seawind agent - Its in my signature line. The multihull world one is a bit harder - Its a large image on my boat blog front page.
__________________
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 06:22   #95
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane
Boat: deboated
Posts: 672
When prospective sailors/buyers go to a web site such as this they are seeking out info and opinions from other like minded people who may have been there done that as the saying goes. If they wanted sales pitch from dealers (mono's sink) they could go to a boat show, showroom, marina etc. You seem also to have a problem with jet ski's as well, do they also sink regularly, have keels falling off etc etc.
__________________
meyermm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 08:45   #96
Registered User
 
oscar's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 68
Quote:
You seem also to have a problem with jet ski's as well, do they also sink regularly, have keels falling off etc etc.
No, they are noisy, smelly and generally operated by morons.

Oops, was that too direct?
__________________
Out there, alone, there is only truth.
oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 14:41   #97
Senior Cruiser
 
44'cruisingcat's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,458
Images: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyermm View Post
When prospective sailors/buyers go to a web site such as this they are seeking out info and opinions from other like minded people who may have been there done that as the saying goes. If they wanted sales pitch from dealers (mono's sink) they could go to a boat show, showroom, marina etc. You seem also to have a problem with jet ski's as well, do they also sink regularly, have keels falling off etc etc.
So because someone actually works in the marine idustry, and owns and sails a multihull, they are not entitled to express an opinion?

And conversely, because you ride a jetski, and haven't encountered any stray keels floating around, you should be respected as an unbiassed expert?

Also, can you please point out where, in this thread, Factor has mentioned that mono's sink?
__________________
44'cruisingcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 14:55   #98
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: sf bay area
Posts: 31
Nicely put 44'
__________________
nettlesbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 14:58   #99
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
And conversely, because you ride a jetski, and haven't encountered any stray keels floating around, you should be respected as an unbiassed expert?

?
Keels float?

From this picture it appears as though some of the now dated production cats may actually not provide a habitable haven if holed. The seawind? may have taken on a simmilar pose to the other ,if both hulls had flooded ? Any comments?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	user28422_pic5188_1269500025.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	15396  
__________________
bayview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 16:29   #100
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: between the devil and the deep blue sea
Boat: a sailing boat
Posts: 17,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview View Post
Keels float?

From this picture it appears as though some of the now dated production cats may actually not provide a habitable haven if holed. The seawind? may have taken on a simmilar pose to the other ,if both hulls had flooded ? Any comments?
Well, actually we are dealing with two sunk monohulls .....


LOL ;-)))))

barnie
__________________
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 17:21   #101
cruiser

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: No longer post here
Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Posts: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Hopefully the forum admin is noting exactly who is trying to lead this thread down the usual path.
meyermm is just baiting us as he usually does. He knows full well the value of sailing a multihull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Also, can you please point out where, in this thread, Factor has mentioned that mono's sink?
or anyone else for that matter. Speaking for myself, i like monohulls. My best friends own monos.

I decided that a catamaran best serves my needs. Incidentally, when the guys in my marina get together to go sailing, they ask that we use my boat.

Again, speaking for myself, lately the only dissenters concerning catamarans I've run across are strictly on this forum.
__________________
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 17:38   #102
Registered User
 
SearenitySail's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Great South Bay, Long Island, NY, USA
Boat: TPI Lagoon 35ccc Catamaran designed by Morrelli & Melvin
Posts: 219
This has become a BS thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic Cat View Post
I decided that a catamaran best serves my needs. Incidentally, when the guys in my marina get together to go sailing, they ask that we use my boat.

Again, speaking for myself, lately the only dissenters concerning catamarans I've run across are strictly on this forum.
My boat tends to be the one everyone wants to raft up to in the cruising club.

I don't know why the multihullers even waste their typing energy on threads like this--your time is better spent sailing! Got my boat in the water on Tuesday, cleaned up the inside today--getting set to enjoy dinner at home for my birthday, and will probably ignore threads like this for the next 6-8 months while I am enjoying my CATAMARAN, and sailing by watching all the monohulls sail under jib only when the wind pipes up on Great South Bay, Peconic Bay and Block Island Sound!

Multihullers, there certainly is some BS on the here on Cruisers Forum forum but why waste your time and energy on a thread like this?

Marshall
__________________
"People sail for fun and no one has yet convinced me that it's more fun to go slow than it is to go fast." -Dick Newick
SearenitySail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 17:47   #103
cruiser

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: No longer post here
Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Posts: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearenitySail View Post
.....Multihullers, there certainly is some BS on the here on Cruisers Forum forum but why waste your time and energy on a thread like this?

Marshall
My boat chores are done for the day and It began to rain (sigh)
__________________
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 19:08   #104
Registered User
 
SearenitySail's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Great South Bay, Long Island, NY, USA
Boat: TPI Lagoon 35ccc Catamaran designed by Morrelli & Melvin
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic Cat View Post
My boat chores are done for the day and It began to rain (sigh)
I guess the next best thing, then, is to irk some monohull sailor!

Go for it...

Marshall
__________________
"People sail for fun and no one has yet convinced me that it's more fun to go slow than it is to go fast." -Dick Newick
SearenitySail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 21:54   #105
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane
Boat: deboated
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by sww914 View Post
Multihulls suck because they're too fast, too roomy, and they don't sink. Only girly-men would sail something like that.
The same is true of cars. Real men drive cars with hand cranks to start them, wooden wheels, and steel on steel brake bands.
Next time I suggest you read before you write
__________________

__________________
meyermm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lagoon 380, reviews

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
380: Lagoon 380 User Review (15,500 Mile Review) 3Eagles Lagoon Catamarans 23 28-02-2013 18:25
380 S2: Lagoon 380S2 Mini-Review Redbull addict Lagoon Catamarans 30 30-11-2010 15:40
400: Lagoon 400 Anyone Own / Charter? Mark424 Lagoon Catamarans 0 02-05-2010 21:52
Charter Review: Baja Down2TheC Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans 1 08-08-2009 13:54
BVI Charter - Voyage vs Lagoon renoroot Multihull Sailboats 3 23-08-2008 03:49



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:50.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.