Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-12-2013, 10:08   #121

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Re: ICW "Pirates". Have you Seen?

Us crabs need to stick together.
Old 15-12-2013, 10:44   #122

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: ICW "Pirates". Have you Seen?

Yep. I am as retarr...ed as they come. And Boaty can take a joke.
Old 15-12-2013, 10:56   #123

Boat: Marine Trader 36 Sundeck
If someone could just come up with blue castle or castle crab, I could join the club...
Old 15-12-2013, 11:00   #124

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand Castle View Post
If someone could just come up with blue castle or castle crab, I could join the club...
I was a "sand people" on my mothers side so we are related!!!!
Are you my daddy?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sanpeople.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	72175  
Old 15-12-2013, 11:11   #125

Boat: O'Day 28

Aw man, that is GREAT. The strictly sailin' guys are laughin on the inside only.
Old 15-12-2013, 11:20   #126

So, if someone finds them, and they go back to France without their boat, what happens to the boat?
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 15-12-2013, 11:27   #127
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
So, if someone finds them, and they go back to France without their boat, what happens to the boat?
GSA will auction it off..
Old 15-12-2013, 11:35   #128

Boat: Seawind 1000xl

Maybe a little OT but several months ago I met a very nice girl from Sweden who bought a boat in South Florida and was working on it to get it ready to cruise. Same goes for a couple with two small children from Eastern Europe. In both cases they were under strict time limits from immigration to leave the US. Several of us in the harbor tried to help out as in both of these cases they were good people, but we all know getting a boat ready to cruise always takes longer than you think it will. The girl put her boat on the hard and flew back home and the couple and their kids left for the Bahamas after spending a few days past the immigration imposed deadline waiting for a weather window anchored off Key Largo.

From what I have read these folks may well have violated immigration laws by overstaying. I would also wonder how realistic it is to head to the Bahamas. First off you have to come up with $US300 to even get in, and often you need to check in to a marina dock which usually requires a motor. It is certainly much cheaper to live on a boat in the US, especially if you can beg, borrow, or steal things.

Hard to see this turning out well what ever course the frogs follow.
Old 15-12-2013, 12:44   #129
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

This thread has totally depressed me. I thought all rich people loved us. I am going to stop going to the soup kitchen and begging in the streets, cause that money comes from people that are richer and greedier than me.
And I am going to stop getting free healthcare too. I am not going to let those greedy docs get away with it!
Next thing you know they will try to get me into court, to pay for their lawyers.
Not this kid!
Old 15-12-2013, 12:54   #130

Boat: 1964 Pearson Ariel 'Faith' / Pearson 424, sv Emerald Tide

I am in the Bahamas right now, and since this thread has started I have taken one boat all the way from newbern (past oriental of course) to 50 miles shy of Florida, and then gone back up to NewBern and brought another boat all the way down the coast.... Have not seen her anywhere.

Lots of folks headed down the waterway this year, I suspect someone would have seen them if they were on the ICW or Bahamas....
Old 15-12-2013, 13:43   #131

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
As has been stated, most threads answer the question in the first coupla of pages, and these furriner deadbeats have been discussed ad nauseum at http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...light=oriental, so as time goes on, threads drift. What's the frickin'n harm Capn JT? Many times the drifts are better than the strictly sailin' stuff. And, there's obviously the dreaded Ignore Button to employ.

These folks are bad Ju Ju. I'd bet they haven't gone far, and certainly not offshore. I haven't seen them yet but a beer says they're still in NC.
Unless I missed something the answer posed in THIS thread has not yet been answered and we're way past the first couple of pages. I'm certainly don't pretend to be a censor or want one, and do understand how threads always have a certain amount of "drift" in them and oftentimes that can be quite entertaining and informative. No problem with that at all. But I think it's counterproductive when threads start to drift into the realm of politics or "us versus them" class warfare type statements and it's better if we all try to avoid that. Whether or not the rich or poor, according to some study (you can find one or a dozen of those to support almost any viewpoint) that somebody looked up online, are more likely to cheat others, is not a question that is going to be answered here, We can all come up with countless examples of of both dishonest rich people and dishonest poor people but what is accomplished by that? This thread is about there 2 particular cheaters and how they hopefully might be found. That's something we all agree on and is a worthy subject to speculate on and spread the word about and generally discuss. We all have opportunities to argue about politics or class envy/warfare in so many other venues, and we are bombarded by it in the press, so it would seem mighty refreshing to have a place where the main subject was about sailing, or boating or cruising or at least something vaguely related to those subjects, to include where these two sailing deadbeats might have gone and why. But I don't see how posting studies about some academic types determining that the "rich" are more likely to cheat makes ANY contribution to the subject we are discussing. Besides, as I pointed out earlier, in the eyes of most of the world WE "yachtsmen" are the rich, whether we consider ourselves that or not. Are WE really all a bunch of cheaters? I don't think so and I hope you don't either.
Old 15-12-2013, 14:19   #132
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Lighten up.. or... if you cannot... stay away from threads like this and stick to comfortable cruiser/bluewater.. which anchor etc etc...
Some of us have covered those questions so many times we are a little stir crazy.. also this is a social cruising forum and some of us like to be social and have a banter.
I don't/won't lecture you on how to post... so back off telling us how to... please..!!
You can always put me on your ignore list...

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
Old 15-12-2013, 14:24   #133
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
Unless I missed something the answer posed in THIS thread has not yet been answered and we're way past the first couple of pages.
It is very difficult of course to answer an answer. It is then looked upon as an argument, which is what normally happens.

Coops.
Old 15-12-2013, 14:39   #134

As far as I can tell, by checking out the local harbors and asking friends, they have not made it past Carolina Beach or Wrightsville Beach. Somewhere north on the Ditch I would imagine.
Old 15-12-2013, 14:48   #135
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Camper Nicholson 44 Ketch

Or they could have gone out Beaufort Inlet, made sail for France, and that is the last we will see of them, whether they made it there or not.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcntsh View Post
As far as I can tell, by checking out the local harbors and asking friends, they have not made it past Carolina Beach or Wrightsville Beach. Somewhere north on the Ditch I would imagine.
Closed Thread

Tags
French, icw, Oriental, pirates, Primadonna