Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 07:17   #421

Boat: MacGregor 25', Columbia 26 Classic
Re: ICW "Pirates". Have you Seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
You guys going to start talking ethics now?
Naw, we were talking about governments. Polar opposite to ethics.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:27   #422

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: ICW "Pirates". Have you Seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetsailing3 View Post
... They're both taking advantage of the kindness of strangers, albeit one is more direct than the other.
I love this notion, and especially as a straight up trade. Neither the wealthy guy nor the French couple gave up anything tangible, whereas when Blanche du Bois said it in Street Car Named Desire, she came across.

An earlier poster mentioned this thread is a lot of grumbling about no really big deal. I agree. The guy that got the shaft has now learned one of life's lessons and the rest of us may benefit from the outcome because now the harbor in Oriental is again presumably available for transient short stays.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:27   #423

Boat: Skookum 53'

What ethics?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:09   #424

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
I love this notion, and especially as a straight up trade. Neither the wealthy guy nor the French couple gave up anything tangible, whereas when Blanche du Bois said it in Street Car Named Desire, she came across.

An earlier poster mentioned this thread is a lot of grumbling about no really big deal. I agree. The guy that got the shaft has now learned one of life's lessons and the rest of us may benefit from the outcome because now the harbor in Oriental is again presumably available for transient short stays.
It's so nice of you to be so understanding about someone else's money being stolen and since you feel that way, if your boat is equipped with some relatively new solar panels, and since I feel that I badly need some new ones, I'd like to help you learn one of life's lessons about leaving them on your boat, unguarded, right where they are very easy to steal. In case your solar panels aren't just what I'm looking for, I could use a few new winches too. I'm sure it'll be no really big deal to you so we won't hear any grumbling when you show up and your boat is lacking them.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:20   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Could I suggest scumbag is a very pejorative word, these people sound extremely poor and possibly driven to extreme measures. I mean neither of them have had a voice on this forum, so we don't reality know the situation.

Some years ago, I had a relative transported to Botany Bay for stealing bread because his children starving ( well that's the story any way ) it seems we've not progressed much on CF.

Remember ones humanity

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Really? Really?!?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 08-03-2014, 10:17   #426

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: ICW "Pirates". Have you Seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
It's so nice of you to be so understanding about someone else's money being stolen and since you feel that way, if your boat is equipped with some relatively new solar panels, and since I feel that I badly need some new ones, I'd like to help you learn one of life's lessons about leaving them on your boat, unguarded, right where they are very easy to steal. In case your solar panels aren't just what I'm looking for, I could use a few new winches too. I'm sure it'll be no really big deal to you so we won't hear any grumbling when you show up and your boat is lacking them.
Oh you fun-loving liberals! How thoust heart doth bleed. The move this guy made with a two party check from known lowlifes boggles the rational mind, sir.

"The bank won't take it, so sure, here's some money. I know how picky dose stoopid banks can be. "

ha ha ha ... good one.

But if you're up for stealing things (and I'm surprised to read that in yer post) come on down and get the wind genny. I'll help ya take it down. I'll be looking for solar myself when it dies or ... as you suggest ... gets stolen.

It's winter; otherwise this would truly be yesterday's news.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:43   #427
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Boggles the mind how your denying enabling liberal thoughts can be so twisted to justify these AH's behavior. Wow, blame the victim's intelligence and good heart, not the criminals or their extended pattern of bad behavior all over this hemisphere. How post-modern of you.

$2,480 for a loaf of bread.

"Oh, my name is Jean Valjean. Have mercy for the child."

You know what?

Lets just hang the basturds, so we can close this thread.

Ok, I said it.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:57   #428
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post

Ok, I said it.
Had already been said on the thread, but I'm not sure it survived some editing.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:06   #429

Boat: MacGregor 25', Columbia 26 Classic

Quote:
Boggles the mind how your denying enabling liberal thoughts can be so twisted to justify these AH's behavior. Wow, blame the victim's intelligence and good heart, not the criminals or their extended pattern of bad behavior all over this hemisphere. How post-modern of you.

You know what?

Ok, I said it.
Ok first, they are no longer in US waters or your option might be viable. I've heard things about personal justice,.. so , just sayin' is all

Second, really? Say I've met you a few times in a harbour. I hand you a check that the bank won't cash and ask you if you will front me the money "until things get settled around." What's your answer?

Thirdly (is that even a word?), we can't close this thread. It's still winter for most of the northern hemisphere and, by God, I'm going to live vicariously through somebody's sailing adventures.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:26   #430
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_f View Post
Second, really? Say I've met you a few times in a harbour. I hand you a check that the bank won't cash and ask you if you will front me the money "until things get settled around." What's your answer?

No! But since I've met you a few times; Sorry No!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:28   #431
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_f View Post
Whats this gotta do with me? I'm not in business or live in a small town with a kind hearted nature. Im not so easily swayed by sociopathic good personalities.

I'm the guy who sees a homeless person standing in line for a lotto ticket and gets in behind them too because I know their luck is so shitty that the winner will be one step ahead or behind -- and that would most likely be ME!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:33   #432

Quote:
Whats this gotta do with me? I'm not in business or live in a small town with a kind hearted nature. Im not so easily swayed by sociopathic good personalities.

I'm the guy who sees a homeless person standing in line for a lotto ticket and gets in behind them too because I know their luck is so shitty that the winner will be one step ahead or behind -- and that would most likely be ME!
Classic line, love it
Old 08-03-2014, 12:41   #433
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

"Remember ones humanity
Dave "

Remembering it may sound all well and good, but if you really believe in helping those who need it, why not pass around the hat and collect the funds to reimburse the victim for his losses?

Talking about helping others, while not helping the victims, doesn't sound very humane to me.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:43   #434
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 473

Quote:

You know what?

Ok, I said it.

As you asked so nicely

Closed Thread

Tags
French, icw, Oriental, pirates, Primadonna