Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2014, 10:34   #316

Boat: Island Packet 27
Re: ICW "Pirates". Have you Seen?

Consequences....
Old 23-02-2014, 10:36   #317

I'm not hoping for anything. But I've seen the boat and the crew, it won't make it across the pond but they are going to try and push it because they have worn out their welcome.
Old 23-02-2014, 10:37   #318

Life is not fair...and it's a cruel world.
Old 23-02-2014, 11:24   #319

Boat: MacGregor 25', Columbia 26 Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post

In the realm of all the problems of the world however, I'm not going to elevate the issue of the Primadonna to the top of my list or one of those that outrages me. If the people of Oriental want to do something about it, then be as generous to the store owner as they were to Primadonna.
The people from Oriental didn't defraud him, the crew of the Primadonna did.

I know this isn't fashionable these days because, God knows, it's always someone elses fault, but shouldn't people be held accountable for their actions and choices?

As far as the things that outrage me, I tend to stick with that which I have some possibility of controlling. No matter what I do, I can't change Obamacare, the NSA spying or the USA losing in hockey in the Olympics. Seeing the Primadonna in an anchorage however, is an entirely different story. I would make sure that EVERYONE knew their reputation. If those people decided to give them a chance (and Pascal and company may change their ways) and the people of the area got burnt, at least they would have been warned. And that is the best anyone could expect. That would help me sleep at night.
Old 23-02-2014, 11:59   #320

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_f View Post
Seeing the Primadonna in an anchorage however, is an entirely different story. I would make sure that EVERYONE knew their reputation. If those people decided to give them a chance (and Pascal and company may change their ways) and the people of the area got burnt, at least they would have been warned. And that is the best anyone could expect. That would help me sleep at night.
I would warn people as well, if I was around that situation. Then some may still get burned. The store owner wasn't unaware. Everyone in town knew. He was very naive to accept that check knowing about them. The people of Oriental on the whole are just good people. But then I'm sure if they told their sad story and said they needed help in the Bahamas, some would help them, and some would even after warning. You just hope no one gives them or loses to them more than they really can afford to.
Old 23-02-2014, 12:25   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
I would warn people as well, if I was around that situation. Then some may still get burned. The store owner wasn't unaware. Everyone in town knew. He was very naive to accept that check knowing about them. The people of Oriental on the whole are just good people. But then I'm sure if they told their sad story and said they needed help in the Bahamas, some would help them, and some would even after warning. You just hope no one gives them or loses to them more than they really can afford to.
On this, we agree totally. When I'm in the Caribbean area, we need to have a serious () discussion on current world affairs over a few beers.
Old 23-02-2014, 13:05   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia boy View Post
Actually, if you end up in stocks with bamboo splinters in your ass and tomato purée stuck in your teeth..it's a good indication that the gubbmint has judged and sentenced you.

Vigilantism (moderators note: I'm not advocating!) comes in when our justice system fails to engage and lets a couple of sociopaths free to continue their crime spree.

Again please note: In no way do I advocate violence, tomato throwing, name calling, shaming, keeping score, or shooting dirty looks at thieves. I am completely in favor of giving them all lots of big hugs, lots of love and understanding...and an Obama phone.

I AM however, an advocate of demonizing, shaming, and exiling of all who oppose the feminization and pacification of American males.
That's just too funny.

I'm unclear on the last statement though. Are you saying that males should be feminized or that they should start regrowing a set? "Exiling those opposed to the feminization" means that you're for it.

I, for one, am tired for being first on the front lines to offer to die for my country but am somehow not worthy of an opinion simply because the front of my shirt isn't bumpy or I'm not protecting a plant or animal.

But this is a totally different discussion and probably not for this forum.
Old 23-02-2014, 13:09   #323

Totally different discussion... But sure would be a fun one
Old 23-02-2014, 13:14   #324
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

And no doubt a very short one.

Coops.
Old 23-02-2014, 13:16   #325

Yes was thinking to myself that's a sure fire way for me to get banned permanently
Old 23-02-2014, 13:17   #326
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Keep that thought.

Coops.
Old 23-02-2014, 13:23   #327

Quote:
That's just too funny.

I'm unclear on the last statement though. Are you saying that males should be feminized or that they should start regrowing a set? "Exiling those opposed to the feminization" means that you're for it.

I, for one, am tired for being first on the front lines to offer to die for my country but am somehow not worthy of an opinion simply because the front of my shirt isn't bumpy or I'm not protecting a plant or animal.

But this is a totally different discussion and probably not for this forum.
I was with you all the way frank, right up to the "am tired for being first on the front lines to offer to die for my country". Was that the Afghan woman's rights movement. The last time this country's freedom was threatened, i'm guessing it was your Grand Daddy out there. ?
Old 23-02-2014, 13:31   #328

At the risk of being banned, this is my last comment on this vein of conversation. Anyhow that was me, Cyprus, early 70's, Canadian RCR's and you are right, voluntary.

Didn't see a whole lot of people I couldn't shower with though.
Old 23-02-2014, 13:33   #329

Quote:
At the risk of being banned, this is my last comment on this vein of conversation. Anyhow that was me, Cyprus, early 70's, Canadian RCR's and you are right, voluntary.

Didn't see a whole lot of people I couldn't shower with though.
OMG frank lol, i'm pissing my self laughing. cheers
Old 23-02-2014, 13:36   #330

Boat: Ohlson 38

"Yes was thinking to myself that's a sure fire way for me to get banned permanently"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
Keep that thought.

Coops.
Cuz you have a pen and a phone?
Closed Thread

Tags
French, icw, Oriental, pirates, Primadonna