Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 12:54   #241
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: ICW "Pirates". Have you Seen?

Yeah... your right Jason.. we are heartless sods here..
WTF.. next time I'm scammed I'll keep my mouth shut and let them do it again.. and again...
I mean.. it won't be me again so why should I care...

Born To Be Wild
Old 07-01-2014, 13:14   #242
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Oyster 53 Cutter
Re: ICW "Pirates". Have you Seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestathook View Post
But I can take no joy over anybody's boat being lost.

Maybe if some commenters were old, and scared, and far from home, with their whole world dissolving, they would be a bit less acidic about the situation.
What goes around.... comes around. I'm old, but I just love a story with a happy ending when sweet justice prevails.

The dirt bags are thieves, don't make them sound like victims... the fellow who loaned them money was the victim.

Old 07-01-2014, 13:17   #243
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Tayana 47

Jason, neither the OP or any other poster has asked that any of us should take the law into our own hands or even try to apprehend these folks ourselves, just that we report their whereabouts if we saw them so the OP could do as you suggest, let the authorities do their thing and sort it all out in court. If they did nothing wrong, they have nothing to fear from the authorities knowing of their whereabouts.

You can handle things that happen to you in your own way and I won't criticize you for it, but if someone deliberately scams me out of thousands of dollars or comes aboard my boat at midnight and assaults me, you can bet that I will tell everyone I know of, including but not limited to law enforcement, whom I think might help apprehend the culprits. I'm not going to ask for anyone to assault them or scam them back, but I am going to spread the word and try to get them arrested and/or my money back. In my view it's not virtuous or being a good neighbor to allow criminals to victimize you or others and let their criminality remain a secret. If you care about your neighbors, whether or not you particularly like them or know them well, I think they deserve to be told about their other neighbors gross criminal behavior so they can take whatever measures they see fit in order to protect themselves from also being victimized. I'm not talking about victimless crimes, but if someone in community is deliberately scamming or assaulting others, the community deserves to know who is doing it.

And speaking of huuuuuuuge problems with a post.....when you make the (ridiculous, in your own words) suggestion that maybe the OP was the original scammer and these folks were only repaying his dishonesty the only way available to them, you are doing exactly what you say is so dangerous, publicly accusing someone without a shred of evidence, whereas the OP says he has physical evidence to prove his accusation. If you really feel that he was wrong to tell us all about being scammed by these people, then try to remember the old saw that 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Old 07-01-2014, 13:19   #244

Send a message via Skype™ to jasonk

I understand that, but Whether they do, don't or can't, Sand crab, the material point is this:

Every single cruisersforum member, worldwide, is being asked, probably by someone they don't know, to pass judgement on, and help capture, some other person they probably don't know, based on a story that may or may not be true.
Old 07-01-2014, 13:24   #245

Send a message via Skype™ to jasonk

Okay, last post here on this subject. itsailit- read my response again. No such implication was made against the op. Re-read my response, or have someone who has a better understanding of the English language explain it to you. No offense meant, to you, or anyone else, in any way.

Jason
Old 07-01-2014, 13:25   #246

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

No one is asking help in capturing anybody. There was no crime committed. This is a civil case, get it?
Old 07-01-2014, 13:29   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonk View Post
based on a story that may or may not be true.
the 'story' is published in a local paper, the TownDock, I would posit at least some truth to it:
Have You Seen Primadonna? | TownDock.net, Oriental NC

Check the 'related links' for further backstory
Old 07-01-2014, 13:30   #248
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Okay, last post here on this subject. itsailit- read my response again. No such implication was made against the op. Re-read my response, or have someone who has a better understanding of the English language explain it to you. No offense meant, to you, or anyone else, in any way.

Jason
"But I also know one or two of the people who got 'scammed,' and, frankly, they deserved it, because they were the ones who did the scamming first. The person they scammed just happened to get revenge. How do we know that the folks on Primadonna weren't scammed first? How do we know that they weren't the first people who were owned money in this story? And they simply decided to best way to get any of the money back was to do what they did?"

Just so you (and others) can reread your response yourself....
Old 07-01-2014, 13:37   #249
Wayfaring Mariner

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Skookum 53'

You can argue that circular logic until the cows come home with absolutely nothing to substantiate your hypothesis. The alleged injured party in this equation however can provide proof of his injury.
Old 07-01-2014, 13:55   #250
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
No one is asking help in capturing anybody. There was no crime committed. This is a civil case, get it?
Civil matters are very difficult for some folks to get an understanding of,most want it to be a bad crime so they can "string up someone" or at the very least get the cops involved...Civil cases come about most of the time because we trust someone to do something they cant or wont do..so what to do?..
Old 07-01-2014, 14:10   #251
cruiser

Jason, I have met both parties and can tell you for sure that the crew of primadona is 100% guilty of taking advantage of Pat Stockwell(?) and his easy going kindness. If you read some of the material hear and at Orientaltowndock.net you could easily determine this. I understand what your saying about these kind of threads, but you don't give us enough credit for being sure of our facts.
Old 07-01-2014, 15:16   #252

Boat: Marine Trader 36 Sundeck

Hi Jason I am the OP. My goodness that is an awfully high horse you're speaking from.

I understand you're catching up. However I keep my boat in the very same town where Primadonna was moored. There has been a lot written. However if you read everything you will know that Primadonna was given every last scrap of every last benefit of every last doubt.

It is extremely well-documented the exploits of these two very interesting people. It is not for me to say if they actually got what's coming to them, but in spite of many peoples efforts to give these fine folks true reasonable and free help they chose instead to follow a dishonest path. The town truly reached out to them.

So I implore you to dig a little deeper and go back and trace the roots back to the spring of 2013 when the story first started.
Old 07-01-2014, 15:22   #253

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl

Quote:
Hey folks. I just noticed this post. I read the article, and I agree that is wasn't a very nice thing. I've been scammed too, so I know what it's like. I'm heading out to a new crew gig, so I don't have time to read the responses. So, apologies to the moderators if they've already already covered this.
So you didn't have time to read the posts.... BUT... You had time to write the LONGEST post in the thread.... And then defend what you said... Without doing your due diligence research first...

Hmm..... Just Hmm....

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 07-01-2014, 15:22   #254
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1964 Pearson Ariel 'Faith' / Pearson 424, sv Emerald Tide

I will vouch for Pat, straight up guy.
Old 07-01-2014, 15:27   #255

Boat: Tayana 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor View Post
So you didn't have time to read the posts.... BUT... You had time to write the LONGEST post in the thread.... And then defend what you said... Without doing your due diligence research first...

Hmm..... Just Hmm....
Exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Tags
French, icw, Oriental, pirates, Primadonna

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: