Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 20:37   #16

Boat: Vancouver 27
Re: ICW in late September

I'm currently in Hilton Head having just gone through the SC portion of the ICW for the first time. There were some real little gems that I hadn't expected and was glad it wasn't rushed.

The entire AICW is a wonderful way to get a real honest to goodness experience of the US coast. It gets really tedious in a hurry though if you're just in it to cover miles!

Also, I find activecaptain to be a really great resource, but the open source nature of it sometimes means you see "Shoaling! Watch out for this shoal!" more often then is probably necessary

if in doubt, keep to the outside around bends for deeper water.

All the best!
laika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icw

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On