Get a 5-day forecast for any US zip code or city. ForecastAdvisor will also show you the accuracy of the major weather forecasters
, including Accuweather, Intellicast, MyForecast, The Weather Channel, and the National Weather Service
Goto:Weather Forecast and Weather Forecast Accuracy for Your City
1. A baroclinic zone should result in rising motion due to density differences. This will result in atmospheric condensation
and thus precipitation.
TRANSLATION: A front will bring us rain
2. 6-sided crystalline aggregates are being gravitationally forced to the surface.
TRANSLATION: It is snowing
3. The horizontal pressure gradient* force is quite tight.
TRANSLATION: It is windy
4. Inflow and horizontal vorticity have been tilted into the mesocylone.
TRANSLATION: A tornado is forming
is occurring upon condensation nuclei as the parcel lifts, cools adiabatically and becomes saturated.
TRANSLATION: A cloud is forming*
6. Sensible heat and a high vapor pressure of water
molecules are producing extremely high theta-E values.
TRANSLATION: It is hot* and humid
7. Latent heat release is producing bomb-o-genesis and an intensification of the thermal wind.
TRANSLATION: A Nor'easter is developing
8. Isentropic lifting is producing large scale synoptic uplift north of the warm front.
TRANSLATION: Clouds and precipitation are north of the warm front
9. CG 12 o'clock with towering Q.
TRANSLATION: Lightning struck in front of us from a developing thunderstorm*cloud
10. The line echo wave pattern is being fed by warm air advection and moisture convergence.
TRANSLATION: A line of thunderstorms is developing*
11. A veering wind in the vertical indicates warm air advection and synoptic uplift.
TRANSLATION: Warm air rises
*3 Isotherms and isobars are even more important than their names sound.
*5 I am not sure how clouds get formed. But the clouds know how to do it, and that is the important thing. Clouds just keep circling the earth around and around. And around. There is not much else to do.
*6 It is so hot in some places that the people there have to live in other places.
*9 & 10 Thunder is a rich source of loudness. You can listen to thunder after lightning
, and tell how close you came to getting hit. If you don't hear it, you got hit, so never mind.