Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2005, 00:20   #91

Generation What ?

Yeah. And not to mention, that the ladies nowdays don't know how to cook? Now how pathetic is that?

And these 18 years and up. The generation after ours. Man I have seen alot of really hardheaded kids.

Generation What?

Regards,

Kevin
CaptainK
Old 06-04-2006, 20:32   #92

Boat: Columbia 45
What a wonderful place to rant! Homeland terrorists is more like it. George JR said he would creat jobs, ha, untrained monkeys at the airports. Little people with litle power. Now they think they have it. The last couple months had the need to fly a few times. Each airport had different things that were important, none were the same it's like a crap shoot.

We have been lied to so much and so often that people don't know their a** from a hole inthe ground. Did two tours for this country and love this country but JR is going to knock us down to a third world entity. Has anyone seen the new U.S. paper money looks more like a peso than the green back we all grew up with.
I digress I lost my mind recently and can see I've been cooped up to much. Need to get away were the only sound is waves lapping gently lapping forevermore. Have cable don't watch it, have computer use for this, have cell phone frustration 'cause Get run over in a crosswalkor listen to 5 people babbling in a resturant, movie theater, bank etc. are there that many people of importance around me that I am clueless?
Movie's Broke Back Mountain what shall we do about the closet?
Cities and counties here in CA make their own ordinances and rule against what voters and the government have published.
Music now music tells of how to bling-bling a cop and that is our future looking to be in kaos.

Just my venting thanks for not being haters 'cause boaters are always the best and would not live without this lifestyle.
Old 06-04-2006, 22:06   #93

Don't you mean "Fudge Packer Mountain"?

I agree with you on alot of what you just said. But, right now I'm keeping my mouth shut on this topic.

There are alot of "Bush" supports in here. And they don't want to know the TRUTH!!

Plus the others don't want to see a political rant here. So I won't go there?

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-04-2006, 22:19   #94

Boat: Columbia 45
we still have freedom of speech without malice!? I could turn into a real Archie Bunker about now but got enough off for today.

By the way Cpt K willl mail that stuff tomorrow
Old 06-04-2006, 22:44   #95

Thanks Lakbay.

I'm looking forward to "more" marina info!!

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 15-04-2006, 13:02   #96
cruiser

Patriot Act

Thank god I'm not a USanian. Like many Canadians I give the US a wide berth when heading south , totally avoid the place ,and advise others to do so.
However ,our current PM is a Phoney Toney Blair wannabe and he is threatening to give us the same treatment as you, at the request of his boyfriend George. Fortunately Canadian courts have mostly upheld our charter of rights , unlike US courts, so far.
Bush was elected by promoting fear, and his party has a huge stake in keeping the people afraid. Hitler's right hand man, Goebels , at the Nuremburg trials ,said "It's easy to get the publict to support a war. All you have to do is convince them that we are under attack, and denounce as unpatriotic, anyone who disagrees ." With the Bush family having made it's fortune selling weapons to Hitler , as late as 1943 , it should come as no surprise that they have adopted other NAZI tactics and strategies.
Brent
Old 15-04-2006, 13:12   #97
cruiser

Patriot act

It sounds like it's time you USainans got organised and rounded up as many of your friends as possible to make this an issue at every political forum and radio talk show that you can find. You should be drowning out other issues by force of numbers at every opportunity. It hasn't been a critical political issue precisely because you haven't taken the time and effort to make it one. Political candidates should be swarmed at every opportunity by boaters , and others , wanting to discuss this particular issue, drowning out all others .
Brent
Old 15-04-2006, 13:22   #98

Well!!

The "truth" will set you free!!

That was a very couple of truthful posts, you have posted Brent. I salute you, sir!!

There are others here on this forum in here. That also agrees with what you have just posted. But, I won't take this any further. Don't really want to make any political rants here!!

Old 03-11-2007, 19:01   #99

Just to add to this. Two boats in my marina (Sun Harbor Marina, San Diego) were boarded this last week by USCG. Same deal; random inspection.

Even if I was sitting in here with a bazooka while shooting heroin in my arm, why are they boarding boats just hanging out in marinas? I suppose you *could* justify it (you can justify almost anything), but especially here in San Diego it's fairly obvious where the illegal smuggling is taking place.

And me sitting here watching South Park while baking some rosemary potatoes isn't it. Oh well. If they board me I'll take some pictures and post them.

Here's the link to the newsletter: Sun Harbor Marina November 2007 Newsletter

Surprise Visits From the Coast Guard
It's not uncommon these days for us to receive a surprise inspection from the Coast Guard occasionally. We had one in September, and two tenants who shall go nameless were cited for having boats with expired 2005 registration tags. Don't be caught short - just because you're in a marina doesn't mean you can get away with violations like this. Make sure you're ready for inspection at any time.
Old 05-11-2007, 14:09   #100
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Here's an item from today's 'Lectronic Latitude that you might find interesting, rebel heart. It seems San Diego is the location for a DHS pilot program to look for terrorists.
~ ~ ~
"Daysailor or Terrorist Threat?

"November 5, 2007 – U.S. Waters

(Click on the
photo to enlarge it.)
"Far Out, a 17-ft Wharram catamaran, isn't likely to come under enhanced scrutiny from Homeland Security unless it has an engine.
Photo Latitude / LaDonna
© 2007 Latitude 38 Publishing Co., Inc.

"In an effort to step up national security, Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff announced plans last month for a new anti-terrorism initiative that would screen and inspect small recreational boats for bombs. "I haven't heard anybody talk about small boats," Chertoff said, "and a nuclear bomb on a small boat can do just as much damage as one in a container." Of the country's 17 million small rec boats, it wasn't clear exactly how and which boats would be inspected. (emphasis added) We're certain we won't be the only ones closely watching the pilot program in San Diego."
Old 05-11-2007, 14:32   #101

Boat: 36' custom steel
"Sec. 2. The Secretary is authorized to inspect any vessel, foreign or domestic, in the territorial waters of the United States, at any time; to place guards on any such vessel; and, with my consent expressly hereby granted, take full possession and control of any such vessel and remove the officers and crew and all other persons not specifically authorized by the Secretary to go or remain on board the vessel when necessary to secure the rights and obligations of the United States."

Presidential Proclamation 7757, February 26, 2004.

Found here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/02/20040226-11.html and here: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=62042

Proclamation 7757 is a revision of the infamous 2002 proclamation:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/02/20020227-8.html

The rules that were ultimately issued in 2002 stated that U.S. boats could be seized if federal agents believe the operators are merely intending to head to Cuba. The seizure of the vessel can occur anywhere within U.S. territorial waters (e.g., your marina on the west coast).

Presidential Proclamation 7757 is much broader than the first version. "[W]hen necessary to secure the rights and obligations of the United States" is sufficiently broad and vague to cover just about any situation some cross-eyed federal agent might wish to contrive. It is, in effect, a limitless delegation of authority to every fed on the water. This is the same situation found in Cuba. In terms of pure legal structure, we have devolved to their level: Unlimited governmental ability to seize vessels without prior hearing or due process. Our freedoms on the water are completely at the discretion of the government. Same as in Cuba.

Sadly, I am not making this up.

Be very nice to the Coasties when they board you. If they want to put a world of hurt onto you they can, quite easily, and all very legal.

Anybody who says we boaters don't live in a police state, hasn't read this stuff.
Old 05-11-2007, 14:54   #102

Boat: 36' custom steel
OK, this might at first blush seem totally off topic, but it's not really. It's another example of the police state that the U.S. is morphing into.

Take a look at Internal Revenue Code Section 6020(b).

US CODE: Title 26,6020. Returns prepared for or executed by Secretary

It allows the IRS to assess a tax for any or no reason. All the IRS must do is claim that your return is 'false,' (that is to say it doesn't agree with it). There is no standard of care imposed on the IRS when it issues such an assessment. The IRS is given carte blanche power to assess. The IRS does not have to assess the correct tax, or event attempt to assess the correct tax. Further, if the IRS assesses a tax that is wrong, there are no consequences to the IRS regardless whether the erroneous tax assessment was accidental or intentional.

Of course, once the tax has been assessed, the burden of proof is on the taxpayer to disprove it. Tax law 101.

Sadly, I am not making this up.
Old 05-11-2007, 15:37   #103
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
So how many of you that have posted in this thread have written your congressman? There's an election next year and change is in the wind.
Old 05-11-2007, 17:01   #104
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Thats almost as bad as the Coast Guard who during an investigation is judge, jury and the prosecution. Very few professional mariners have been found innocent of charges.

Life begins where land ends.
Old 05-11-2007, 18:04   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickm505 View Post
So how many of you that have posted in this thread have written your congressman? There's an election next year and change is in the wind.
That's a valid point. I might want to get on that.
Closed Thread