Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 03:14   #1

Boat: Capital Newport 30
Help moving boat

Well under the heading of be careful what you wish for I'm going to look at a Newport 30 in Apollo Beach FL Friday. If I like it I will be the new owner of a sailboat, a relative noob to sailing and a liveaboard at St Pete Muni I'm second on the waiting list for a slip and Tony says I'm up soon. The problem is I'm alone here and would have no way of getting the boat across the bay and my van at the same time My question is if the owner can't help me out is anyone interested in helping me get it across the bay. I plan on taking it to one of the yards for a couple of weeks of cleaning and polishing. The interior has been stripped out and cleaned which is one of the reasons want it.
jcknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:46   #2

Congratulations on the new boat! I'm in Ruskin - my schedule is, unfortunately, too tight to help with a trip across the bay on the boat but may be able to help with a ride to get you back to your van, depending on timing. As for the boat, it's a pretty clear cut trip from Apollo Beach to St. Pete - especially once you are out of the canals and into the bay.
Shadow Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 16:26   #3

Boat: Capital Newport 30
Re: Help moving boat

Made the deal today for my first sailboat The seller is going to help me move it across the bay to St Pete. I have to install a new interior and clean it up but it has good systems including AC that all work at a price that made it a no brainer. Planning to optimize the interior for two and begin the process of gaining experience to eventually head to El Carib
jcknox is offline   Reply With Quote