Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2016, 08:16   #76

Re: Guns on boats equals 5 years jail time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipe6 View Post
I don't think it's arrogance on my behalf. I actually used to be a fan of the us untill I came into contact with some of that arrogance. It cured me for good. (so there's your answer to the chicken and the egg)
For instance, we have perfectky good cars here in europe, no need for your president to bring his own car when he visits. We even have these desks for him to stand behind when he gives a speech. And above all, we have our own police, no need for american security personnel to push us out of the way in our own countries.
Are you for real???

Do you hate the Pope as well for bringing his own Popemobile? Sorry, but despite your naive dislike for American cars, the fact remains that there is a very real threat to his life everywhere, and he needs armored vehicles at all times.

You can thank any and all crackpots or foreign enemies for that.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:20   #77

Do not come into Canada with any guns.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:20   #78

Boat: 1981 51' Formosa

Quote:
The us actually almost did send roses and hugs to hitler early on in the war. It was not until pearl harbor that the us got involved.
You mean to tell me that we tried to keep our arrogant asses out of it but were pulled into by someone else? Arrogant indeed.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:20   #79

Boat: Dufour 35 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formosa Scott View Post
I apologize, I didn't realize your blanket statement about Americans was based on such solid evidence.
I wrote the us, not the americans. There is a difference you know.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:21   #80

Boat: Hans Christian, T Cutter 38'

To all American people who want to bring their guns cruising, it goes like this:

1) Guns in USA= Good
2) Guns outside the USA= Bad

3) Conclusion: leave your guns in the USA

Any questions, please read 1), 2) and 3) again.

Thank you,

The rest of the world
Old 19-01-2016, 08:21   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
ha ha ha the only place to steer clear of is the overly ignorant and violent usa.
sadly this is reality.
arrogance is one thing, imposing ones arrogance on others is unforgiveable.
acting as if one is the policeman for world is arrogance.
PRESUMING the rest of the world is as violent as is usa is arrogance.
PRESUMING that, just because you are a citizen of usa you have right to carry arms into other nations is extreme arrogance. the rights of individuals in usa are merely for usa.
you are NOT covered outside usa borders.
leave your guns at home when you cruise.
avoid problem areas wherein folks are suffering hardship.
donot flaunt your wealth, which, even if you are ssi recipient, is much more than in hands of citizens of the places you travel.
remember a boat is a sign of wealth.
i love reading the ignorant rantings of those who feel the NEED to bear arms in other locales than merely in their on nasty neighborhoods.
makes me laugh my ass off.
ye take weapons into other nations without researching the laws of those locations and then scream bludi murder when you are detained for such behavior.
your actions reflect the nation from which your snakelike bodies slither from the borders. it is unfortunate the usa has individuals such as you to reinforce the ugliness that is the american abroad. shameful.
y'all MUST read "the ugly american". it was a book written about the likes of you all.
perhaps you might drop the narcissistic approach and begin a less obnoxious attitude--perhaps a little more educated and willing to absorb new kinowledge....
try learning what is happening in the world around ye, learn where the hotspots of the world are and avoid em.
the respons to your rantings about your illegal weaponry are hilarious, as you are only ones demanding to bear arms at sea. what ye expecting, a bludi world revolution?? why do you feel NEED to carry armament into these peaceful waters we cruise?? why do you feel your wimpy weaponry will protect you in a war zone??
get real. why do you insist on making all areas in which you feel urge to bring these weapons a war zone--which is what you are doing by bringing weapons of war into the places we cruise.
are you planning to overthrow a govt?? are you planning on killing someone in their own nation>?? what will you do AFTER you shoot someone with your war weapons?? do you think you will be set loose on the countryside and applauded? i think not-- you WILL suffer time in a prison in a third world dick-tatershit waiting forever for trial, which may never come to be. you are in violation of their laws and on their land. yeah usa may come to your rescue, or not.
outside of usa you may find napoleonic law as a base -- you are guilty until proven innocent-- and you will not be proven innocent if you shoot a weapon and injure or kill someone outside usa.
facts is facts. laws are laws. obey them. live in peace.
do you have lots of money??
do you have lots of clout in usa??
if not--leave the stupidity and your clown car in your local pawn shop on your way out of usa.

instead of taking offense at being disallowed weaponry in other nations, try thinking about the consequences of shooting that forbidden weapon in the country in which it is forbidden.
enjoy your alleged rights, but only within your own nation.
you have none outside usa.
usa is only nation allows weaponry for its defense to be in hands of the citizens. think about it a while.
and then there is maritime law, with its ownsets of rules and regulations regarding weaponry.. read em all and understand your tenuous at best standing in and outside of the legal network of the planet.

another hypocrisy i found was the attitude some have about alleged right to life--- seems only fetuses are allowed that by the spewers of this chant... they will murder physicians and kill staffing in clinics and yell about rights to bear arms--and kill whom they choose to kill in the name of right to life.
imagine how this all looks to the citizens of the nations in which we cruise--

keep your testosterone in your pants and guns in the pawn shop when you cruise.
you are supposedly cruising in peace, are you not?
if that is so, why bring war weapons with ye??? is NOT for protection.

as for usa saving anyones asses--- as the situation has been set up by govt of usa, banning armed usa citizens only makes sense. think about it a while. mebbe your narcissistic selves might be able to eek out a thought that is not centered around self.
how soon the cycles of history are forgotten. perhaps due to the fail of education systemless in usa...rodl..
another problem in usa is that the citizens have been dummied down--many of ht e important things to learn have been omitted and banned from education. the kids are being taught the usa is the only intelligence between earth and mars, when in reality, usa has one of the worst education systems and records in planet. the kids are not being taught anything useful anymore. nanny state and political correctness is not education. it is arrogance personified. the ugly american has gotten only uglier than when i first encountered the phenomenon in europe in 1971.

ye do not see other nations producing gun nutz, do ye??/ hell no.
get over your obsession with weaponry. speak peace--do peace. walk your talk
Ha! You tell those cowboys, Zeehag!! !
Old 19-01-2016, 08:21   #82

"Muslim Refugees Attacking Frenchman. But He Has a Surprise"

Looks like he protected a few other intended victims too.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:22   #83

Boat: 35ft classic ketch/yawl.
Send a message via Skype™ to roland stockham

I don't normally find the 'gun debate' interesting, it is basically nothing to do with me. I read this and found myself remembering my first 'trip abroad', England to France, as a teenager. I remember being amazed and somewhat awed by the sight of the French police because they had gun! I is hard to convey to some one from the USA but that was not just the first time I had seen a real gun it was the first time I had even considered that such a thing even existed. Guns weren't real they where part of the fantasy on TV, guns where in westerns or war movies not for real. This wasn't just me it was normal for my time and place but if you do carry a gun think about it and it may help to understand why some people 'overreact' to the mere presence of one.
I have since become a national class marksman and live in Grizzly country where every other person has a moose in the fridge so not 'anti gun' but I must admit to still 'noticing' the guns the police carry.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:22   #84

Quote:
The us actually almost did send roses and hugs to hitler early on in the war. It was not until pearl harbor that the us got involved.
And yet you seem strangely ungrateful for the many innocent American lives lost in the effort to save Europe.They voluntarily came to a foreign land, gave their lives so that others may be free, and this is how some people view them.

How sad.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:22   #85

Boat: Ohlson 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Not talking about flare guns. They new the intent those guns were supposed to be used.
I know the posts that aren't flaming get ignored in topics like these, but just a heads-up about flare guns:

in some countries, including the Netherlands, a flare gun is seen as a weapon / gun, period. So having one requires a regular weapon permit AND you must keep the gun and the ammo (flares) separately. Probably in a safe, tho not sure.

I believe in the US, a flare gun on a boat is NOT seen as having a weapon on board (?), but please be aware this can be very different when outside of US waters.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:23   #86

Quote:
That is something completely diferent. As you say, the rifles are at home and stay at home and I believe it's only the rifle, not the ammo.
Wrong. They also have ammo. A good book to read that gives a rational basis to the Swiss policy is called, Civilian Resistance As A National Defense" I read it about 30 years ago so Im not sure if it is available anywhere.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:25   #87

Location: Panama / Bahamas / Newport RI / Marathon Fl (now mostly)
Boat: Bristol CC 41.1

I always thought it was so incredible that a 500 ton ship could be pulled over by a leaky skiff with 4 crazed Somalis with small arms weapons.... over and over again.... I think the Europeans have become overly domesticated with the Pax Americana. I think it is time to return to within the American borders and watch the inevitable lesson which will ensue. I think lessons have to be relearned as history recedes from short term memory.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:26   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Walkabout View Post
What happened with the Swiss policy of everyone being part of the civilian defense and all with a rifle in their home?
Recently changed. Their reserve defence force must leave arms in barracks.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:26   #89

Boat: 1981 51' Formosa

Quote:
I wrote the us, not the americans. There is a difference you know.
We arrogant folk refer to ourselves as Americans here in the USA, don't forget to capitalize and most important don't forget the"A"
Old 19-01-2016, 08:26   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritofGlenans View Post
So what's wrong with broken English?......
Ask Zeehag, she's the one spewing it.
Closed Thread

Tags
Guns