Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2016, 07:53   #46

Re: Guns on boats equals 5 years jail time

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
ha ha ha the only place to steer clear of is the overly ignorant and violent usa.
sadly this is reality.
arrogance is one thing, imposing ones arrogance on others is unforgiveable.
acting as if one is the policeman for world is arrogance.
PRESUMING the rest of the world is as violent as is usa is arrogance.
PRESUMING that, just because you are a citizen of usa you have right to carry arms into other nations is extreme arrogance. the rights of individuals in usa are merely for usa.
you are NOT covered outside usa borders.
leave your guns at home when you cruise.
avoid problem areas wherein folks are suffering hardship.
donot flaunt your wealth, which, even if you are ssi recipient, is much more than in hands of citizens of the places you travel.
remember a boat is a sign of wealth.
i love reading the ignorant rantings of those who feel the NEED to bear arms in other locales than merely in their on nasty neighborhoods.
makes me laugh my ass off.
ye take weapons into other nations without researching the laws of those locations and then scream bludi murder when you are detained for such behavior.
your actions reflect the nation from which your snakelike bodies slither from the borders. it is unfortunate the usa has individuals such as you to reinforce the ugliness that is the american abroad. shameful.
y'all MUST read "the ugly american". it was a book written about the likes of you all.
perhaps you might drop the narcissistic approach and begin a less obnoxious attitude--perhaps a little more educated and willing to absorb new kinowledge....
try learning what is happening in the world around ye, learn where the hotspots of the world are and avoid em.
the respons to your rantings about your illegal weaponry are hilarious, as you are only ones demanding to bear arms at sea. what ye expecting, a bludi world revolution?? why do you feel NEED to carry armament into these peaceful waters we cruise?? why do you feel your wimpy weaponry will protect you in a war zone??
get real. why do you insist on making all areas in which you feel urge to bring these weapons a war zone--which is what you are doing by bringing weapons of war into the places we cruise.
are you planning to overthrow a govt?? are you planning on killing someone in their own nation>?? what will you do AFTER you shoot someone with your war weapons?? do you think you will be set loose on the countryside and applauded? i think not-- you WILL suffer time in a prison in a third world dick-tatershit waiting forever for trial, which may never come to be. you are in violation of their laws and on their land. yeah usa may come to your rescue, or not.
outside of usa you may find napoleonic law as a base -- you are guilty until proven innocent-- and you will not be proven innocent if you shoot a weapon and injure or kill someone outside usa.
facts is facts. laws are laws. obey them. live in peace.
do you have lots of money??
do you have lots of clout in usa??
if not--leave the stupidity and your clown car in your local pawn shop on your way out of usa.

instead of taking offense at being disallowed weaponry in other nations, try thinking about the consequences of shooting that forbidden weapon in the country in which it is forbidden.
enjoy your alleged rights, but only within your own nation.
you have none outside usa.
usa is only nation allows weaponry for its defense to be in hands of the citizens. think about it a while.
and then there is maritime law, with its ownsets of rules and regulations regarding weaponry.. read em all and understand your tenuous at best standing in and outside of the legal network of the planet.

another hypocrisy i found was the attitude some have about alleged right to life--- seems only fetuses are allowed that by the spewers of this chant... they will murder physicians and kill staffing in clinics and yell about rights to bear arms--and kill whom they choose to kill in the name of right to life.
imagine how this all looks to the citizens of the nations in which we cruise--

keep your testosterone in your pants and guns in the pawn shop when you cruise.
you are supposedly cruising in peace, are you not?
if that is so, why bring war weapons with ye??? is NOT for protection.

as for usa saving anyones asses--- as the situation has been set up by govt of usa, banning armed usa citizens only makes sense. think about it a while. mebbe your narcissistic selves might be able to eek out a thought that is not centered around self.
how soon the cycles of history are forgotten. perhaps due to the fail of education systemless in usa...rodl..
another problem in usa is that the citizens have been dummied down--many of ht e important things to learn have been omitted and banned from education. the kids are being taught the usa is the only intelligence between earth and mars, when in reality, usa has one of the worst education systems and records in planet. the kids are not being taught anything useful anymore. nanny state and political correctness is not education. it is arrogance personified. the ugly american has gotten only uglier than when i first encountered the phenomenon in europe in 1971.

ye do not see other nations producing gun nutz, do ye??/ hell no.
get over your obsession with weaponry. speak peace--do peace. walk your talk

Stereotype much?
Old 19-01-2016, 07:53   #47

Boat: Dufour 35 1973

What you call infringement is actually legal. It's called the monopoly of the use of violence. In most countries the citizens have given the state the monopoly to use violence to protect them, their families and communities. That's because we have not forgotten what happened in the middle ages when armoured gangs roamed. If the state has the monopoly of violence there is no need for individuals to bear arms therefore excluding the accidents that happen from carrying these things.
Old 19-01-2016, 07:56   #48

Boat: Catalina 30

Read some history...
Old 19-01-2016, 07:56   #49

Boat: Dufour 35 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by alha View Post
Sorry, I have to take a little issue with this one. I don't think that if we had sent roses, hugs and kisses and warm fuzzies over to Hitler early in WWII when we were getting into it, he would have said, Oh, Sorry, just kidding about rolling over most of Europe. I was a bad boy, I didn't mean it, and I'm going to go home and sit in the corner in a time out because I deserve it. Get real, man. Humans are humans, some good, some bad. Warm fuzzies and singing Kum ba yah will have exactly zero effect on the bad ones, other than probably provoking a fit of laughter.
The us actually almost did send roses and hugs to hitler early on in the war. It was not until pearl harbor that the us got involved.
Old 19-01-2016, 07:56   #50

Boat: Seawind 1000xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
To keep this as a warning on prohibited substances and equipment and not just a gun thing, I've flown several times to Indonesia, and the signs in the airport had me worrying about the vitamins I had in my luggage, seems that part of the world will execute you for possession of some things that people in other parts of the world don't think that much of.

Point being, know the laws where you are going, apparently showing up in your best Duck Dynasty camouflage can also get you into serious trouble in certain places, and that's just clothing.
Camo is prohibited in some places.

What I would point out is that Cuba prohibits GPS devices de jure, but not always de facto. Something that is true in many places. Folks have been arrested in Cuba for having a GPS device as common as a cell phone. If the truth be known those arrested in Cuba for cell phones with GPS were viewed as the government as trouble makers and perhaps this is the take away.

Couple of years ago I was diving in Mexico on a strictly controlled whale shark trip. The Mexican Navy had a boat in the area with twin 50s mounted on the bow. You need permits to even bring a boat close to the area in open ocean maybe 10 miles off Isla Mujures. What shocked me I was drifting (no SCUBA allowed only skin diving) sorta following a whale shark taking pix and got too close to another diver/boat. Turns out not only do you need permits but the limited number of boats allowed have an imaginary circle where their divers are allowed.

What the guide said was "their country, their rules". And those rules are backed up by twin 50s on the bow.
Old 19-01-2016, 07:57   #51

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipe6 View Post
If the state has the monopoly of violence there is no need for individuals to bear arms therefore excluding the accidents that happen from carrying these things.
I know of a lot of states that claim a monopoly on violence, however I don't know of any state that actually has it. It seems that almost everywhere the market for violence is dominated by private parties...
Old 19-01-2016, 07:57   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauticalnomad View Post
WTF.... America's govt.. So i didnt come off as racist..Not the people!
The govt brainwashes you as its citizens to think that you are "saving the world"..
The worlds been brainswashed with an influx of repeated movies of America or some " American hero" saving all of us or others bla bla bla.
The wars of the world even before WW2 were backed, manipulated or started by the US govt.. And then the population bleats out.. "Save our asses" The Desert dwellers in the middle east would not know where most of the world was unless a certain govt had not set up camp there and seperated tribes to cause internal conflict and make somenot all greedy from oil. They manipulated the govts of the world for their own gain. I cant believe that you think the world is ok with the actions.. If anything the rest of us are sitting here waiting for someone to come and save us all from America...
How about Putin? Is he your hero?
Old 19-01-2016, 07:57   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_V_B View Post
The place I grew up in was liberated by Poles, who themselves had to wait for more than 4 decades to be free themselves, thanks to Roosevelt and Stalin dividing up Europe...
But then WW II would not even have happened if the US had stayed out of WW I...
Your revisionism of history is pathetic.
Old 19-01-2016, 07:57   #54

Hmmm... such passion. Few things bring it to the fore. This must be one.
According to the US Dept of Justice (DOJ), if you take out the inner city black-on-black and hispanic gang violence, America is safer than all those other so-called "safe" countries we are measured against. The stats don't get into the "whys" or causes of the violence, just the numbers. Being s Texan I have had a concealed carry license for years and I always figure concealed means just that. Out of sight, out of mind, which isn't to say that one wouldn't be busted for smuggling with that attitude. Point being I try to keep a low profile as much as possible. +1 on killing a local. That never works anywhere. Furriners are the first to get hung. Arrogance belongs in yankeeland. Nuff said.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:02   #55

Quote:
What you call infringement is actually legal. It's called the monopoly of the use of violence. In most countries the citizens have given the state the monopoly to use violence to protect them, their families and communities. That's because we have not forgotten what happened in the middle ages when armoured gangs roamed. If the state has the monopoly of violence there is no need for individuals to bear arms therefore excluding the accidents that happen from carrying these things.
What happened with the Swiss policy of everyone being part of the civilian defense and all with a rifle in their home?
Old 19-01-2016, 08:02   #56

Boat: Ohlson 29

I love how these threads make people shine

I don't care who brings what guns to which country, nor do I care if they do it legally or not. Everybody has to do what is best for them personally, and do their own risk assessment if any risk is involved.

All I hope is that when I'm bouncing around in my dinghy in the dead of night, after maybe drinking a few too many, nobody shoots my drunk a** when I'm looking for my boat and get confused a little cos there's so many boats with a mast I dunno which one is mine ...

Old 19-01-2016, 08:04   #57

Quote:
The world isn't only black and white. It's not that whlie some of us do not agree with american foreign politics that we are supporters of IS, far from it. For me both are as despicable. You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb it into peace. Never has there been any peace as a result of war, peace has never come from the barrel of a gun.
Peace has never come out of the Middle East, even before guns were invented.

Intelligent people don't blame the tool, they understand that tribes or governments wage war, regardless of weaponry used. More people are killed worldwide in automobile accidents (more accurately collisions) than by guns.

Good luck getting cars banned.
Old 19-01-2016, 08:04   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystktravler View Post
No, she is anti-American, spewing her vitriol in broken English, and criticizing education. An obviously "peace loving sentient being" with at least two exes, I'm sure she still treats with Loving Kindness! Amusing rant though...
So what's wrong with broken English?......
Old 19-01-2016, 08:05   #59

Location: Panama / Bahamas / Newport RI / Marathon Fl (now mostly)
Boat: Bristol CC 41.1

Ever hear of the "Pax Romana"? 200 years of peace at the end of a sword.

Since WW2 it has been "Pax Americana". BUT....There are a lot of modern day VisiGoths and Vandals out there.

I wish Pollyanna versions of reality weren't included in adult conversations. Please read a history book and get a better view, history, etc. of Human Nature. In the olden days of Europe... nobody but a nobleman or gentleman could be trusted with a weapon.

"Human Nature is a terrible thing but some people fight it better than others":
Grenville Vernon

Time to go sailing.....
Old 19-01-2016, 08:05   #60

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
I don't understand what you mean. What you say has nothing to do with being a democracy or not but with the laws of the country (democratic laws). A democracy means that the government is elected by free choice of the citizens.

India is a Democracy:

"India is one of the world's oldest civilizations...The world's largest democracy by electorate ...Elections to its Parliament are held once every 5 years. Currently, Prime minister Narendra Modi is the head of the government, enjoying a majority in the Parliament, while President Pranab Mukherjee, is the head of state. India is a constitutional republic governed under the world's longest written constitution, federally consisting of 29 states and seven centrally administered union territories, with New Delhi as the nation's capital.

The country has seven main national parties: the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP), Indian National Congress (INC), Communist Party of India (CPI), Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPI(M)), Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), National Congress Party (NCP) and Aam Admi Party (AAP). At the level of its states, many regional parties stand for elections to state legislatures, every five years. The Rajya Sabha elections are held every 6 years.
"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_in_India
No one disputes that India is at least nominally a democracy, and has something which looks like elections. It was the way you point this out, as if it is an indicator of a certain level of civilization.

Venezuela and Russia are also nominally democracies, and also have things which look kind of like elections. And I'm all in favor of this -- which on rare occasions even gives the people a tiny bit of leverage over their rulers. But it doesn't say anything about the degree of freedom or level of civilization of any of those countries.

My point is that in places like India, you have to be really, really careful to follow their rules, both written and unwritten, and follow them to the letter. You cannot assume that their rules are like yours, or that you will be treated with anything like what we think of as justice. Human life -- and human freedom -- is cheap in places like that.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Closed Thread

Tags
Guns