Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2016, 04:48   #406

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: Guns on boats equals 5 years jail time

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Kipling called it 'The Great Game'...
The US and China are the 'New Boys on the Block'...
Yes I agree, nobody or almost nobody gives money for free but the Chinese foreign policy is a lot smarter; While Americans give money to corrupt politicians that they want to have as immediate allies and leave the population as poor as it was before the Chinese rarely give money but build infrastructures that are needed for development, dams, power stations, roads railways and so on.

But they don't give the money to the politicians to do them, they build them themselves that way they make sure the money will be used for the population and not to fill the pockets of corrupt politicians.

The end result is that Americans tend to be associated with the corrupt politicians and the Chinese are viewed as helping the people.

Now, if someone think this means that I am pro-Chinese and anti-American or anti-Western, he is crazy. What this means is my irritation to see the objectives of external policy to be better accomplished by China then by the Western coalition and my desire western countries to start being more efficient helping the populations and countries that need help improving their image among them.

The image, or by other words, what the others think about us, is a fundamental toll in what regards global strategy at a long term.
Old 20-01-2016, 04:49   #407
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Guns on boats equals 5 years jail time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
By help I mean support training and lots of money:

During the anti-Soviet jihad Bin Laden and his fighters received American and Saudi funding. Some analysts believe Bin Laden himself had security training from the CIA.
Robin Cook, Foreign Secretary in the UK from 1997–2001, believed the CIA had provided arms to the Arab Mujahideen, including Osama bin Laden, writing, "Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan."...
In conversation with former British Defence Secretary Michael Portillo, two-time Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto said Osama bin Laden was initially pro-American. Prince Bandar bin Sultan of Saudi Arabia, has also stated that bin Laden once expressed appreciation for the United States' help in Afghanistan. On CNN's Larry King program he said:
Bandar bin Sultan: This is ironic. In the mid-'80s, if you remember, we and the United - Saudi Arabia and the United States were supporting the Mujahideen to liberate Afghanistan from the Soviets. He [Osama bin Laden] came to thank me for my efforts to bring the Americans, our friends, to help us against the atheists, he said the communists. Isn't it ironic?
Larry King: How ironic. In other words, he came to thank you for helping bring America to help him.
Bandar bin Sultan: Right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allega...sama_bin_Laden
Well there's a right rogues gallery you've presented to back you.. Bhutto was a hypocrite and bent as a nine bob note.. her husband.. now the Leader of Democracy in Pakistan is a gangland criminal..
A Saudi's word..??
As for Cook and Portillo... Yeah.. Whatever.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 20-01-2016, 04:50   #408
cruiser

Boat: OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idylles15.5 View Post
Man your a piece of work. My fathers flag is on my boat and I fly it every Memorial day off my transom. He fought in the Japanese / Pacific theater and later stayed for the occupation in Japan ans was personally inspected by General MacArthur. My Uncle who just passed fought in the Bulge and was shot three times taking out a German machine gun nest and was a war hero. As far as some of your threads about us Americans being unwilling, thousands like my father lied about his age to enter the war and fight the good fight. As far as why should you care about men who left their families and risked their lives to possible save your families. You should be ashamed of yourself and believe me your no historian. It's amazing to me how you say we want to impose our way of life on everyone. I seem to recall we could of taken Japan and all of the Pacific Islands and most of Europe as the victors of war, but all we imposed on you was enough land for a Memorial Cemetery in Normandy. Maybe you should take a trip down their with your family and spit on them in person. I can't call you what you are because they will take down my post for the being nice rule, but there is nothing remotely decent or nice about you. There is a very good possibility if not for the American Hero's like my Father and my Uncle you may very well not exist or at least be living under the sole of a Russian boot. So what should you be grateful for for those old americans you didn't even know? Probably your life.
Wow. 10/10 on the rant scale.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 20-01-2016, 04:51   #409
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)

Very interesting to see how different nationalities are taught history by their governments.
Old 20-01-2016, 04:53   #410

Boat: 2ft wide dreaming chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
Here's Indonesia's proposed solution to piracy.

Attachment 117099

I wonder about that rotating mast though 🤔
i'd wonder about the chase beeing called of because the seastate gets to rough for the cat ,)
Old 20-01-2016, 05:08   #411
cruiser

Boat: OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
Just as I suspected. Whatever you say, mate.
He's right; sorry that's inconvenient for you and the NRA. This post of yours I've quoted sums up the totality of your argument. Sad, really

Sent from my SM-T520 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 20-01-2016, 05:08   #412
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Guns on boats equals 5 years jail time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Yes I agree, nobody or almost nobody gives money for free but the Chinese foreign policy is a lot smarter; While Americans give money to corrupt politicians that they want to have as immediate allies and leave the population as poor as it was before the Chinese rarely give money but build infrastructures that are needed for development, dams, power stations, roads railways and so on.

But they don't give the money to the politicians to do them, they build them themselves that way they make sure the money will be used for the population and not to fill the pockets of corrupt politicians.

The end result is that Americans tend to be associated with the corrupt politicians and the Chinese are viewed as helping the people.

Now, if someone think this means that I am pro-Chinese and anti-American or anti-Western, he is crazy. What this means is my irritation to see the objectives of external policy to be better accomplished by China then by the Western coalition and my desire western countries to start being more efficient helping the populations and countries that need help improving their image among them.

The image, or by other words, what the others think about us, is a fundamental toll in what regards global strategy at a long term.
Actually China is reaping the benefits of studying/experiencing British Colonialism over the centuries.. few colonies were gained through direct warfare..
Offer trade and improvements then gradually take over everything.. one day the rulers wake up and find they are just Puppets.. all they have is the Palace Guard.. maybe..
The Yanks on the other hand dislike the 'Brit's'... we made them pay taxes.
So they do everything the opposite to the Brits...
Oh.. one thing they changed.. they don't do Tea in Boston Harbour any more.. last I heard its French wine smashed in supermarkets..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 20-01-2016, 05:09   #413

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Ladies and gentlemen,
Thank you for your participation in this discussion. It has devolved and is no longer "mature adult conversation"

Thread closed

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
Closed Thread

Tags
Guns