Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2015, 04:06   #16

Re: Grenada for Hurricane season recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
Thanks Robert. My deductible goes up to 20% with pantaenius. Also their hurricane box is actually south of trinidad so let's hope for no hurricanes, where would you go?!
I'm looking at changing insurer and I've found a well known one that will cover grenada in the water with no deductible increase at about the same premium as pantaenius so likely will go with them. I did contact quite a few and not many will cover grenada.
Million dollar question Monte. Pantaenius would not cover us in Trinidad on the hard with jack stands welded together and ground ties. They wanted a custom steel cradle however they would cover us in Pt. Louis in the marina with the increased deductible. We are leaving here in a couple of days to return home and will return at the end of July. I'm hoping that if there is any named storms in this neck of the woods that they arrive later in the season. If we had one forecast while we were here I'd scram to Trinidad and hangout there. Like you we are in the middle of replacing our insurance provider. In our case its a Canadian company and I'm much more comfortable with them if I ever needed to settle a claim.
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 07:14   #17
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Thanks for the feedback. It seems there are a few insurance companies that will cover grenada in the water. Take a look at topsail Robert. There may be more for you but some of the US companies wouldn't cover an Australian vessel/owner
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:12   #18

Boat: GAME PLAN, Celestial 48, Center Cockpit Cutter

Monte,
This is a bit late but we suggest you check out the south coast of Grenada. There are several bays that are just the thing to anchor out for a few days in well protected anchorages.
GAME PLAN is docked in Mt. Hartman Bay at Secret Harbour Marina. Speak to Kelsean ( Kel-Shawn). The marina is fairly well protected and offers a solid concrete dock. Water and power are metered.
The restaurant/ bar is a covered open air affair but is nice. There are many activities there, mostly run by the cruisers themselves.
There are shopping buses that will pick you up and take you to the grocery, hardware, Budget Marine, etc three times a week.

No pool, golf , or tennis but I believe they do have some cottages for rent which overlook the marina & harbour.

It is however away from the main town which is St. George's.

Anyway, that our thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Sailor954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:45   #19
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Thanks again, We ended up changing to topsail insurance who will cover us for named storms south of St George, Grenada. Were currently in Carriacou and headed South in a few days. Plan is to float around a bit in the South with a trip to Trinidad and Tobago at some stage.
monte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Grenada, hurricane, men