Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 02-03-2015, 22:25   #1

Boat: Nautitech 482
Thumbs up Greece or Turkey mooring during summer, impossible?

Hi folks, we have three and a half weeks aboard this year on our catamaran, and need to take her from Messolonghi to somewhere near or on the Turkish coast, to fly out of Istanbul. So she'll need to be moored over summer until we can get back for another few weeks in September, any recommendations? And spots not to miss along the way? Agios Nikolaos in Crete seems to be the best price for a marina so far, but they're not very good at responding to emails...any suggestions greatly appreciated. Cheers

Old 03-03-2015, 18:41   #2

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: Greece or Turkey mooring during summer, impossible?

Try Cesme, the prices for several months are not bad specially if we compare quality:

Cesme Marina Tariff | Camper & Nicholsons Marinas | Camper & Nicholsons Marinas

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 19:08   #3

Thanks Polux, I did try them actually, 140€ a day...
Old 03-03-2015, 19:13   #4

Boat: between boats

We found for cats that the greek islands were typically significantly cheaper. We wound up in Leros Marina last year after much searching and would recommend it. It has ferry connections to Bodrum and from there to istanbul, or a direct flight to athens.

This year we will be with Yeloya at Albatross marina Marmaris for haulout but wet berths are very limited there due to the charter fleet. This will be the issue in many of the marinas given you are looking for a double wet berth over the peak season.

On the turkish mainland looking in more out of the way places may be more fruitful. Places like Sogut in the Gulf of Korfezi. I think i saw 8 months for 1000 Euro in a berth there last year. Maybe Marti marina near Marmaris (though personally havn't been there fellow cruisers have recommended it as a long term option)

If you end up needing work done per your other post I would be looking at a full service yard in Marmaris if it comes to that. I would PM Yeloya if that becomes the case.
Old 03-03-2015, 19:29   #5

Thanks Barra, you've been really helpful!
Old 03-03-2015, 20:31   #6

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaS View Post
Thanks Polux, I did try them actually, 140 a day...
That's a lot. I have been there last summer for one day with a 41ft monohull and the price was about 55 euros a day. As I saw that the price for two months was not far from the price for a month and much cheaper than the day price I thought it would not be bad. It seems that a cat pays much more there.

Last here I was for some days waiting for an electronic piece on the Agios Nikolau marina. The staff is nice and the price for a month was about 400 euros or so. I did not stay a month but even so it was cheaper to pay for a month then to pay for 8 or 9 days. Nice restaurants on the village.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 21:55   #7

I guess their prices have gone up, or else just that extra surcharge for a cat they keep throwing in there!
Old 04-03-2015, 00:01   #8

Location: We still have our apartment in Beijing, but now we are cruising full time, currently in the western Med.
Boat: Tayana 55

If you fly out from Istanbul Yelova should be your choice. The ferry terminal is next to the marina where you can catch the ferry to either Istanbul or Tuzla, depending which airport you choose. Last year we left Laroobaa there for one month and the price was very reasonable, but expect your bottom will be fouled when you return.
Cesme is very expensive. We had to stay there for 3 weeks waiting for some spares.
Do not expect that the marina in Agios Nicolais replies your email, they won't. Give them a call and ask, if they have a berth available. We had to fly home last September and left Laroobaa there for 6 weeks. Usually they have berth available during the season, but they are full in winter. Very reasonable prices and a great place to stay.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Cruisers Sailing Forum

Sindbad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Greece, mooring, Turkey

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: