Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2016, 08:20   #1

Boat: 39 Fountaine Pajot
Ft Lauderdale Yard and Mechanic help

The results of a recent survey have me concerned that before bringing her from Delray Beach to Key West I would like her checked out in Ft Lauderdale. So if someone can recommend a yard to be hauled out off the ICW and a reputable diesel mechanic, I would appreciate it
2 issues I need to have a looked at for some peace of mind for the trip
1) Max RPM's reached 2560 indicated the Perkins 4.108 is not reaching full RPM's. I know it could numerous things especially since its been docked as a live aboard for 3 years and never sailed. But the haul out indicated it was not fouled prop. For the 3 hrs (1 1/2 hrs each way) she ran fine at cruising 2025 RPM's. Could be the Prop size and I could live with that till I get her home but need it checked out.

2) At 2025 RPM's the temp was 181, but at WOT reaching only 2560 RPM's she ran hot 204. So I would like that addressed as well. Although I wont be running her at WOT better safe than sorry

also think it may be a good idea to have the Fuel polished and replace the Racor bowl
BeachbumKW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mechanic