We have not considered a cat, always sailed monos. I am guessing here, but a Gemini
is the max beam our marina (10 minutes from our home) will handle. A trawler
is probably in our future, but not for several years, if the Admiral's health
will hold out. Vic's "checkmate" observation is great, shopping
for the next boat is a lot of fun. Pelagic's "practical mistress" is probably not far from being right for many of us. Mario seems to have been in our situation and I appreciate everyone's insights. Will look at the boat this weekend, though there is now some question of what the draft
height actually is. I plan to insist on talking directly to the owner to confirm what is represented. I guess if I can't get the broker to set up a conversation with the owner, I'll take the ID# and contact the mfg. The draft
height has to be right, or we give up 100 miles of beautiful river sailing and can't get to the docks at our favorite waterfront restaurants and bars.
Thanks again for all the comments,