Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2014, 19:40   #1291

Re: Forum Member's Boat and Daughter in Trouble off of Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Weber View Post
Yes, in the video posted earlier, one of the rescuers more or less confirmed this, saying the baby was just "a little sick when we arrived," and another rescuer quickly chimed in adding "but she could have become a lot more sick in a couple more days." In other words the baby was dehydrated and very quickly stabilized with an IV. ...
... and the antibiotics, and "all the life saving techniques" the rescue team brought with them.

Typical ... some bits taken out of context, twisted to feed ones argument, then a parabola ending with a nonsense salvo. Care to listen again ... just in case you are hard of hearing, I've transcribed the important part for you ...

The press conference video: DVIDS - Video - Guardian Angels from the Rebel Heart Search

Starting at 09:48, paramedic intro:

Good afternoon. Sure, ahm, my name is …
I was one of the four guys that jumped from the plane …

Starting at 10:08, child health assessment:

Once we boarded the ship, we started immediately treating the youngest daughter, the one year old. Ahm, she was pretty lethargic and out of it. She was going down the sickness spiral, we would like to call it. Wasn't quite at death door yet, but a couple more days she would've been, so I am glad the father pulled the trigger for rescue when he did. It helped that (?) tremendously.

Starting at 10:34: more about treatment, antibiotics, fluids, etc.
Old 11-04-2014, 19:43   #1292
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
When the next unfortunate , who you don't know, presses the red button , I'll remind you of your comment.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't think you'll need to. I've learned my lessons by everyone else's selfishness these last few days.
Old 11-04-2014, 19:47   #1293
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Forum Member's Boat and Daughter in Trouble off of Mexico

Quote:
Sorry Atoll, but that's a big fat lie. I will not engage with you further. I've tried to be respectful but you clearly don't play fair online. I'm sure you and your clique will disagree, but we both left high school a long time ago.

It's actually extraordinarily easy to get into their heads, thanks to their own words. In their blog posts, made while underway, they shared all kinds of stuff, from when they were able to sneak in a quickie to the first mate's complaint that she had not even had time to change her maxi-pad, to Charlotte's early passage observation that "this might be the stupidest thing we've ever done." The captain's final complaints about sailing in force 5 conditions for 3 whole days were also quite telling to an objective observer with offshore experience.

After reading all of that it sure wasn't hard to conclude that they all wanted to get the heck off the boat... it's not exactly unheard of among first timers off shore, you know? And given the added challenge of a unhealthy, unhappy crew in way over their heads, who wouldn't want off?

I'm really sorry if these truths are uncomfortable for some, but if you read the Kaufman's own words and couple them with the end result, the truth is self-evident, no matter what may be claimed after the fact.

Mr Weber, you have obviously done no long distance passages. Or else they were idyllic. Reading Eric's blogs just now, I see the normal reality of cruising , as opposed to the idyll , we ourselves are often guilty of promulgating, cruising is like childbirth , no one recounts the screaming and shouting after the baby is born.

In reality such voyages are frustrating , very tiring , often bone wearingly so, stuff breaks, frustrations abound , we do silly things ( like blogging about sex ) etc etc . I've seen crews come to blows on passages but to end up drinking beer at the end. Rarely do these stories see the light of day , on the contrary , we all promote the idyll. We have too, cause otherwise we'd never attempt the thing in the first place.

I see no evidence of any desire to " get off". I see two humans battling through their issues , dealing with the things they must.

What you are mistaking is simply the realities of long distance cruising exposed in an honest manner. Perhaps too honest a manner. Many things should not be in the public gaze. To make a leap to suggesting they want off, it's entirely fabricated in your own mind , and to what end I don't know.

Dave

Old 11-04-2014, 19:52   #1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
Well perhaps, but I suppose there must have been a time when you had 2 posts.
YES AND THEY WERE RHE FIRST TWO POSTS ON THE FORUM!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 11-04-2014, 19:55   #1295

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 473

Quote:

It's actually extraordinarily easy to get into their heads, thanks to their own copious number of words. In their blog posts, made while underway, they shared all kinds of stuff, from when they were able to sneak in a quickie to the first mate's complaint that she had not even had time to change her maxi-pad, to Charlotte's early passage observation that "this might be the stupidest thing we've ever done." The captain's final complaints about sailing in force 5 conditions for 3 whole days were also quite telling to an objective observer with offshore experience. .
Your certainly not going to win any support from the ladies with that post. LOL
Old 11-04-2014, 20:11   #1296
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Forum Member's Boat and Daughter in Trouble off of Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing Cowboy View Post
Your certainly not going to win any support from the ladies with that post. LOL

Unfortunately when you read RHs blog, as a sailor you wince, yes they are describing their reality. But as a group, sailors don't do this. We don't really relate the personal issues. The fear, the sex, the poop. Instead We joke. We gloss over or like most men we descend into technicalities.

But anyone that's done more then just, sip wine in a cute anchorage, knows that offshore, there can be tremendous emotional forces at play. Add in a mixed crew , that can make it worse, add in children , more emotion. We are driven by 80 percent emotion , yet we regularly deny it.

I will take my own experiences to the grave, but I've seen death at sea, injury, madness ( yes madness) , i seen sexual and emotional interplay between couples, brought on by fear, discomfort, hunger , sea sickness that caused havoc and marriage breakdown. I've seen fist fights, knife wielding nutters, vicious rows. Etc etc. a storm at night deep into an ocean plays havoc with some peoples people mental state.

But you'll not find me writing no blog. Why, because " no good deed goes unpunished" , the court of the Internet is not a fair and reasoned place and anyway I don't want to get sued neither. Nothing worse then captains of industry reduced to blubber, but next day reminding you of the lawyers. Lol.

Cruising is messy , like life. People screw up, **** happens.. Mostly we make the destination, bars erase pain. !

Dave

Old 11-04-2014, 20:12   #1297
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Most of America likes reality tv too.

And vote Democratic.

Few workers want to support millions of non workers but we keep doing it.

I dunno if the numbers angle is working for yer argument.

At least not for me.

Amirite?

Had to mention the democrats didn't you, couldn't just respond in a non political way.

Don't worry blue I'm glad we're not on the same page on this one. You don't know it but we go way back, and your easily my least favorite CF member.
Old 11-04-2014, 20:30   #1298

Boat: Last:Newport 41

The rescuers parachuted in and found a non-critical baby and a boat that was just fine.

In their own words:

"Were it not for their sick child, they would have had no need to call us, the boat was fine."

"the best thing they did was calling when they did so that care could be given prior to the child becoming critical"

In other words the baby wasn't all that sick, but might have become so, and the boat was just fine but now sits at the bottom of the ocean, and its crew is back in San Diego.

So sad, and so avoidable.
Old 11-04-2014, 20:39   #1299
cruiser

Quote:
The rescuers parachuted in and found a non-critical baby and a boat that was just fine.

In their own words:

"Were it not for their sick child, they would have had no need to call us, the boat was fine."

"the best thing they did was calling when they did so that care could be given prior to the child becoming critical"

In other words the baby wasn't all that sick, but might have become so, and the boat was just fine but now sits at the bottom of the ocean, and its crew is back in San Diego.

they didn't SAY that at all

WTF? I listened to this interview.

What exactly is your motivation here CW?

The child WAS sick.

They (PJs) were trained in pediatrics and knew that children this age can spiral quick.

They lauded Eric and said he called at just the right time, and someone not as experienced would have waited too late.

RH was too far (3 wks) from returning to land.

RH tried antibiotics they had and they did nothing.

TROLL.
Old 11-04-2014, 20:44   #1300
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:

In their own words:

journalistic hyperboule,
the next thing you are going to be inferring is it was all a publicity stunt, i predict.
then writing a story on how you heard it first on cruisers forum.

hole
Old 11-04-2014, 20:47   #1301
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
journalistic hyperboule,
the next thing you are going to be inferring is it was all a publicity stunt i predict then writing a story on how you heard it first on cruisers forum

hole

Let me add the prefix

Arse
Old 11-04-2014, 20:49   #1302

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Quote:

In their own words:

Can we get some references on those quotes?
Old 11-04-2014, 21:01   #1303

Quote:
In other words the baby wasn't all that sick ...
I requote just in case you might be able to read it ... focus on the bold type part.

The press conference video: DVIDS - Video - Guardian Angels from the Rebel Heart Search

Starting at 09:48, paramedic intro:

Good afternoon. Sure, ahm, my name is …
I was one of the four guys that jumped from the plane …

Starting at 10:08, child health assessment:

Once we boarded the ship, we started immediately treating the youngest daughter, the one year old. Ahm, she was pretty lethargic and out of it. She was going down the sickness spiral, we would like to call it. Wasn't quite at death door yet, but a couple more days she would've been, so I am glad the father pulled the trigger for rescue when he did. It helped that (?) tremendously.

Starting at 10:34: more about treatment, antibiotics, fluids, etc.
Old 11-04-2014, 21:05   #1304
cruiser

Bingo thx Richard
Old 11-04-2014, 21:10   #1305
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
Can we get some references on those quotes?

mr weber would not do that,as he could then be accused of libel,and or copyright infrindgement.

as could the forum for allowing him to post copyrighted material without adding a link on their behalf
Closed Thread

Tags
crew, member, Mexico, rescue, rum, mexico