Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2013, 23:14   #1

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Fish that Glow in the Dark

With the latest revelations now confirming the TEPCO coverup at the Fukushima disaster zone, and the news that over 300 tons of highly radioactive waste water is flowing into the Pacific each day, how do you feel about eating Pacific fish or even living in the area?

Satelite images now confirm the radiation has spread right across the ocean to South America and California.

If you want evidence of this, I suggest you look for yourself because all mainstream media are following the orders of your liberal leaders and sitting on the story. No doubt, when other world events get out of control, this story might surface to cause a convenient distraction, but in the mean time, we are all being irradiated.

Ive bought my last slab of Tuna and when its gone, its gone.

Go Oggle TEPCO
Old 16-08-2013, 06:02   #2

Boat: a sailing boat
Re: Fish that glow in the dark

There is always some amt of radiation in our environ. Too bad we are getting this little extra that may be what triggers our cells to multiply ...

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 06:34   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 "Happy Days"
Send a message via Yahoo to capngeo Send a message via Skype™ to capngeo

Amy.... As much as the radiation leaking from the damaged reactors is tragic, I feel relatively confident that the amount found in tuna will not kill you before something else takes a successful shot. You can't live forever, and doing without tuna is just unacceptable!
Old 16-08-2013, 06:39   #4

Location: Dreaming - through the bars to the Chesapeake... Land cabin: near Raleigh, North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
With the latest revelations now confirming the TEPCO coverup at the Fukushima disaster zone, and the news that over 300 tons of highly radioactive waste water is flowing into the Pacific each day, how do you feel about eating Pacific fish or even living in the area?

Satelite images now confirm the radiation has spread right across the ocean to South America and California.

If you want evidence of this, I suggest you look for yourself because all mainstream media are following the orders of your liberal leaders and sitting on the story. No doubt, when other world events get out of control, this story might surface to cause a convenient distraction, but in the mean time, we are all being irradiated.

Ive bought my last slab of Tuna and when its gone, its gone.

Go Oggle TEPCO
Bought my last tuna can quite some time ago. Stopped buying fish farm stuff. Maybe it's OK if I catch my own? These days even the big, wide beautiful Pacific labors under mankind's radiation, plastic, and chemicals. A scientist friend of mine once said that we each live with our own individual carcinogenic load. It comes at us from all directions, but much of it is voluntarily taken. With my lifestyle, and comparitively low carcinogenic load, a little tuna might not hurt too much. With others, maybe a lot. The past hundred years has seen an explosion in cancer rates, but an opposite bias has been supplied by super-medical technology and it has managed to hide the real statistics from the public.
Old 16-08-2013, 06:45   #5
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
all mainstream media are following the orders of your liberal leaders and sitting on the story.
I agree! A CIA committee is overseeing this! Led by Elvis Prestly the committee meets in secret in the studio used to film the Apollo Moon shots.

I think its disgusting and you should email any congressman you know that hasn't be brain washed by aliens!

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 07:21   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 "Happy Days"
Send a message via Yahoo to capngeo Send a message via Skype™ to capngeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
I agree! A CIA committee is overseeing this! Led by Elvis Prestly the committee meets in secret in the studio used to film the Apollo Moon shots.

I think its disgusting and you should email any congressman you know that hasn't be brain washed by aliens!
Old 16-08-2013, 07:28   #7
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:

Used to be a few years back that one country could tell if another had done something involving radioactivety as far as making weapons ,testing weapons etc. Now with levels as high as what they are the chinese couldnt tell if Japan is making nukes or testing more modern weapons to use against them in the near future..Could be something under the water right off the shore line waitng to cause a wild ass earthquake,Tsunami or other seemingly natural disaster...Who and why in hell would someone put a nuke power plant right on the shore line of a place that has such crazy weather and earthquakes? In the art of war general Sun states"he that controls the Heaven and Earth will win the war(warm up the globe thats one way to control the heaven and earth,No Russian winter would be a good, control the heaven and earth scenerio ..Pivot to Asia!! You got to be like Elvis and think outside the box!
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 07:36   #8
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

when i grow a thrid eye in my forehead i will stop eating fish. that third eye will be able to see the glow in dark fishies better than my regular eyes, mebbe...lol

lets all panic over stuff we can do nothing about, ok.. should be plenty of crap to sort in a few weeks, as usa falls into ocean and evile forces of wtf take over the world...rodlmao--just like a bad comic strip.

we have to go sometime--no one lives forever, nor can we force that phenomenon to occur.
we either live with it and do what we personally are able to do to survive or we fall into the media bs mess and worry about crap that cannot be fixed in this lifetime.

so do you wish a life of stressfull panic or do you wish a life of surviving peacefully----is all your own personal choice.

me--i choose to sail this pacific ocean and eat the fishies and find my way to bano sans lighting lights--kinda looking forward to the savings in electrical bills.....will be able to find meself in darkness, mebbe even glow the path ahead of me...... what a concept--mebbe i should patent it before the rest of world sees the light.........
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 07:46   #9

Boat: 45' CC ketch

Quote:
The problem is that THEY already swapped all congressmen for their puppets. Mailing them will endanger you, because THEY will know you know. Stay low profile, and use a tinfoil hat, like me, and we will survive this!
Sea Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 07:53   #10

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Quote:

Mark, you better stop eating it NOW
Old 16-08-2013, 08:35   #11

Location: Dreaming - through the bars to the Chesapeake... Land cabin: near Raleigh, North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
...mebbe i should patent it before the rest of world sees the light.........
LOL (won't post because too short)

LOL LOL There!
Old 16-08-2013, 09:06   #12

The report I heard is that is gets diluted to almost nothing in the seawater, but.... I'm skeptical. The latest scheme the japanese company has is to freeze the ground using huge freezer units so the water wont excape.... haha .... yeah right.... they have no idea what to do. It's a big wake up call.... seems the public was starting to drift back towards thinking nuclear power was ok to start building again.... then this happened!
Of course, our species is overdue to make one of those evoutionary jumps.... a little radiation might be just what is needed to cause the right mutation... and a bunch of wrong ones too.

Cheechako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 14:19   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheechako View Post
The report I heard is that is gets diluted to almost nothing in the seawater, but.... I'm skeptical. The latest scheme the japanese company has is to freeze the ground using huge freezer units so the water wont excape.... haha .... yeah right.... they have no idea what to do. It's a big wake up call.... seems the public was starting to drift back towards thinking nuclear power was ok to start building again.... then this happened!
Of course, our species is overdue to make one of those evoutionary jumps.... a little radiation might be just what is needed to cause the right mutation... and a bunch of wrong ones too.
All the bad publicity means that fusion research (perfectly safe nuclear) won't be given any funding, because the public tends to lump like-sounding things together. China has already spent $2 billion on fusion research, while the U.S. completely shut down its program. Wonder what happened to Google's solar program?
Old 16-08-2013, 14:38   #14

I worked on a nuclear powered submarine for a while and we all wore dosimeters that had to be inspected monthly to ensure that we weren't getting over exposed. Two types of hazing we frequently did:

- Squirt people in the face with few day old reactor coolant water. It was a good demonstration on the power of halflives, and understanding what the halflife of any element before you just start arbitrarily talking about radiation.

- Taking the radiation meters, pointing them towards the reactor, then going up topsides and pointing them at the sun. More radiation from the sun than from a properly shielded reactor, every time.

I'm not trying to minimize nuclear radiation fears, but the general public's understanding of the dangers from nuclear power is really warped. In general if you can't describe off the top of your head the difference between fuel grade and weapons grade material I'm just going to tune you out.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 14:55   #15

Boat: Colin Archer 36', steel

The capital city of Ukraine, Kiev is just downstream from Chernobyl! Heck almost all of Ukraine is downstream, but Ukrainians love fish! No increased cancers reported in Kiev after Chernobyl. I for one would not eat fish in that region, but it has not shown to replicate in higher cancer rates or even contaminated fish if you believe the card carrying politicos. The environment in the closed zone is actually thriving now that man has less interference in the daily nature of things there.

Can not say there is any good coming out of the Japanese reactor leak, but perhaps more of an effort towards solar and wind as they do not leak anything....last time I checked.

Tags
fish