Originally Posted by Ruckdog96
Well, GOOD NEWS! The seller has decided to reduce the price
to what the the surveyor
had it valued at ($32,000). To me that seems like a pretty good deal!
I am also getting a Yanmar diesel mechanic
to tell me how much it would be to bring it up to speed. I don't mind paying for the repairs if they are under $7,000, because I initially offered $39,000.
is supposed to meet me next Tuesday to give me an estimate on the repairs
We will see? If it doesn't cost too much to repair, I'll probably buy it... BUT if the repairs are like $10K + FORGET ABOUT IT! So we shall see.
Here's some pictures of her.
Mustang Island Yachts (Rockport, TX)
WADR, that is the most faulty logic I've ever heard.
Would it have been a better deal in that logic if you'd originally offered $42,000????
All of the "boat projects" and "first boat" threads I've ever read (and I've been doing this stuff for over 16 years) have ONE SIMPLE recommendation (and usually a good conclusion):
It simply doesn't work.
For all the reasons given.
But, you're at least open minded somewhat about this.
Take off your blinders?
Just for background, we looked for about an entire YEAR before we found our boat. And we only looked at C34s - ONLY! We saw lots of trash, some good ones, one we even had surveyed but it failed even though it looked OK. We finally found a jewel.
Whatever you decide to do: Nothing but Good luck.