It has been a lot of fun and hard work getting things ready to move the boat over to my new location. It is the busy season for realtors and my available time has been pretty limited. My boat is finally settled in at the new marina with a big thanks to Cap'n Tom from Virginia Beach. He helped me with the move and taught me quite a lot during the 6 hour transit. We had to do the usual dodging of the container ships on the way out. The people I have met have been awesome
. I have met a couple "snobs" but they are the exception. Just hanging out at the marina is fun, and some times pretty entertaining.
Things I have seen:
1. Saw a boat (Sea Ray) sink right across from my slip.
2. A lady walk off the pier while texting. Didn't see it happen, but I helped her back onto the pier.
3. Saw a guy with a 25' sailboat trying to tack out of the marina pretty close to mine with his wife screaming and paddling like crazy trying to keep him from hitting everything on the way out. His outboard
looked brand new but he wasn't using it......... might have been broke?
4. Had a seagull crash into my cockpit
right next me while I was sitting there eating lunch one afternoon. I thought it was dead, so I put it into a cardboard box. Five minutes later it was thrashing about. I brought it back topside and he flew off.
5. Yesterday, I saw a guy with a sweet looking boat get underway with his shore power
still plugged into the pedestal
. I saw the yellow line from his stern to the pier come into view and go dead straight.....POP! I thought he was going to tear out the pedestal
until the cable let go. He was screaming at the lady on board all the way out to the channel. I felt bad for her.
6. Watched a guy climb his mast
. It took him a while to get up there. He forgot his light bulb.
7. Small parties going on all over the place on weekends.
I wish I had started this sailing thing 20 years ago.