Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2012, 05:02   #1

Europe to Canada/USA: routes?

Hi folks,

My name is Gijs, I'm 22 years old, born and raised in the Netherlands. I travelled in New Zealand and Southeast Asia from late 2010 until early 2012, and am dying to pack my backpack again for another journey! Currently I'm working in my hometown to earn some cash, but if all goes well, I'd like to depart somewhere late this year or early 2013. Open towards anything! I am looking for boats that sail from anywhere in Europe to anywhere on the North American northeast coast (eastern Canada, Boston, New York area), as I'd love to travel in Latin America at a later stage. I've also heard about sailings from Europe to North America, passing by Iceland and/or Greenland. This must be amazing and I'd love to visit the Arctic areas someday, but anything will do. I don't even have a lot of knowledge about these sailing routes. Isn't it true that most eastward boats choose either the 'Arctic' route or the 'Caribbean' route, passing the Canaries etc.?

Anyway, I'm not very experienced at sea, but it's been my dream to travel big distances across the planet's oceans for a long time. The only sailing I've done in my life were several summer trips to the northern lakes in the Netherlands: not very hardcore, but great fun nonetheless. Please comment or contact me personally if you want to have any more info or ask a question. I would highly appreciate any input that could point me in the right direction!

All the best and happy sailings!
Gijs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Canada, Europe