Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2007, 23:51   #46
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
That's a little funny actually. Because I doubt any of those will ever be granted a Visa anyway.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 00:32   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wheeler
That's a little funny actually. Because I doubt any of those will ever be granted a Visa anyway.
LOL - Imagine how long any one of them will be on hold....
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 01:23   #48

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox
He must have spent his time here in the local looney bin or maybe the Hapi club. What a tool!!
Gosh this thread is getting messy. Where is the original quote from the rude Frenchman? It has been deleted and I am talking to myself.
seafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 01:27   #49

mmmm, I went to the US and it didn't cost me any extra than going to aussey.
I think I spoke to the
US Embassy in Wellington, not Auckland. Where is
Auckland by the way?

Quote:
Wheels-
Have you seen
Visa Waiver Program (VWP)

NZ is part of the US visa-waiver program. If you meet broad qualifications and are coming for less than 90 days--you don't need a visa to come here at all. That probably covers 95% of all the Kiwis who are visiting the US.
Old 13-08-2007, 01:30   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbusted67
Very well then, I will no longer post here or be a member of this forum. Good bye.
Is this an American drama queen sort of thing. I have seen a few a you guys from the US of A say goodbye etc......only to come back and post again and act like nothing ever happened.

Here in NZ, if a guy says something like that he leaves never to be seen again. Life aint a soap opera!!!
Old 13-08-2007, 01:53   #51
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

When did you go to the US Darryl. This situation happend late last year or early this. Can't remember now, gee time flies.

Old 13-08-2007, 03:51   #52

a few years back now.
My friends went last Summer to Florida and had no dramas though.
Old 13-08-2007, 10:33   #53
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif

The following travelers will need a visa:
  • People who have been previously denied a visa.
  • People, who intend to work in the U.S. (paid or unpaid). This includes work as an au pair or intern, journalist, government representative on official government business, among others.
  • People who intend to stay in the U.S. for more than 90 days.
  • People who intend to attend school or university in the U.S.
  • People who have been refused admission into, or have been deported from the U.S. within the past five years.
  • People who have been afflicted with a serious communicable disease, or who are drug abusers or addicts.
  • People who have participated in the persecution of any person under the control of the Nazi Government of Germany.
  • People who have ever been a member or representative of a terrorist organization.
  • People who have ever overstayed a visa while in the U.S.
Seems like being a Commie is no longer a bad thing
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 12:31   #54
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Can you just imagine it. Yeah I'm a leader of a Terrorist Org and due to all the stress and hard work I put in, I would like to hoiday in your lovely country. Can I have a Visa please? ;-) :-)

Old 13-08-2007, 22:20   #55
cruiser

Boat: Whiting 29' extended "Nightcap"
I didn't qualify under the visa waiver programme because of (cough cough ahem) young adulthood indicretion. Interesting thing was I got an A/B visa which essentially gives me more freedom in the States than I would had under waiver. Another interesting thing was I misread the application instructions and was supposed to take a computer printout form our privacy centre of my record. The guy took pity on me because I had travelled so far & spent so much to get to the interview so HE ACCESSED MY PRIVACY COMPUTER RECORD HIMSELF!!!! I didn't make an issue of this because you just don't stir these guys up when they hold all the power but I've got to wonder that the US consulate can access my information so easily but it would take me a written application along with justification (and payment of course) to get it myself.
NoTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 03:58   #56

Boat: Broadblue 385, called Troutbridge
Send a message via Skype™ to Troutbridge
I really hate to hijack this thread, but have the new regulations actually been implimented in Ecuador? How do you comply if you're going direct from Panama to the Galapagos Isles? Sorry to get off politics boys...ummm....I like beer, can't be bothered to waste a day of my life to get a US visa and think that having to give the Aussies 48 hours notice of my arrival is an infringement of my human rights...there we are, back on topic!
Troutbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 19:21   #57
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbusted67 View Post
Very well then, I will no longer post here or be a member of this forum. Good bye.
Glad to see you're still here, Unbusted. I've enjoyed reading your posts, and was sorry to see you'd intended to leave. I think this is as good of a sailing forum as there is on the web, and your insights are a valuable contribution.

TaoJones
Old 25-01-2008, 19:27   #58
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

From today's edition of 'Lectronic Latitude, comes word that the atmosphere for cruisers may be improving in Eduador:

~ ~ ~

"Great News for Cruisers in Ecuador

"January 25, 2008 – Ecuador

"Tripp Martin, harbormaster at Ecuador's Puerto Amistad YC, reports some welcome news from that part of the world. 'For the past four months, Puerto Amistad, Puerto Lucia, Salinas YC, Guayaquil YC, the Ecuadorian Yachting Association, Ministry of Tourism, and the Navy have all been working together to reform the rules changes in order to make them less onerous,' Tripp told Latitude. 'The new rule allows the four mentioned yacht clubs to basically serve as ship's agents for private boats, and has greatly simplified the check-in/zarpe process. . . "

~ ~ ~

For the rest of the story, go to:

Latitude 38 - The West's Premier Sailing & Marine Magazine

TaoJones
Old 04-12-2008, 03:03   #59
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Piracy warning in Ecuador

Piracy warning in Ecuador
“In their latest Warden Message (November 19, 2008) the U.S. Consulate Guayaquil issued a piracy warning for Ecuador.
In their message the U.S. Consulate General and U.S. Embassy Ecuador wishes to inform American citizens visiting or resident in Ecuador to use extreme caution when sailing near the coast of Ecuador, as there was a recent incident of armed robbery at sea off the coast of Ensenada de Pedernales, Manabi by modern day pirates. Recreational craft, merchant vessels and fishing boats all are at risk for attack by pirates. This incident highlights the continuing danger of maritime travel off the coast of Ecuador.
If transit off the coast is unavoidable, it is strongly recommended that vessels travel in convoys, transit over the horizon from land, and maintain good communication at all times...”

MORE:
https://www.osac.gov/Reports/report.cfm?contentID=93575

And:
U.S. Consulate Guayaquil issues Piracy Warning for Ecuador | Maritime Security | MaritimeTerrorism.com

And:

Sail World - Powerboat-world: Sail and sailing, cruising, boating news

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:47   #60
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

I thought it was against forum policy to post messages that could be insulting or disparaging about a country, i.e. "Ecuador is full of priates, stay away" REGARDLESS of whether those statements were factual and came from official sources.

You're quoting the same US State Department that also says it DOES NOT ALLOW US personnel to use ground transporation betweeen Columbian cities, because the risks of kidnapping and terrorist activity are unacceptably high there.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Ecuador