Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2019, 21:13   #46

Re: Documenting the life of a charter bare boat

Congrats Nils. This must be yours right?

https://www.dreamyachtcharter.com/fl...us-35990/?b=19

Looks good. I would be happy to consider swapping some weeks with mine if that works for you

I have a couple of weeks booked on a FP Orana 44, presumably the predecessor to the Helia, in Turkey in late September (the 2 low season weeks)

Good luck with the first trip ....

Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 21:31   #47

Boat: Fountain Pajot, Helia 44 Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Congrats Nils. This must be yours right?

https://www.dreamyachtcharter.com/fl...us-35990/?b=19

Looks good. I would be happy to consider swapping some weeks with mine if that works for you

I have a couple of weeks booked on a FP Orana 44, presumably the predecessor to the Helia, in Turkey in late September (the 2 low season weeks)

Good luck with the first trip ....
Yep, that's mine. Very keen for that first trip after having seen her in La Rochelle.

If you are on a DreamEasy program, you can book her any time anyway, but if it's a problem, let's talk and see how we can best manage that

Sure you will enjoy Turkey. It looks awesome there . Btw, how was your last charter?

Old 24-05-2019, 21:54   #48

My last charter was Thailand last December, on a Lagoon 400, for 9 days using some of the short notice allowance. Weather was a bit average considering December is supposed to be high season there - I think this particular high season was a month or so late in arriving. Fair bit of rain and overcast but brightened up towards the end and of course the last day was beautiful as we steamed back to base ...

I would def like to go back there but next time I will make sure its in proper high season...

The Lagoon 400 was doing one of its last charters before being phased out so interesting to see what one looked like at the end of its tour. Overall it was in pretty reasonable condition, but the most noticeable thing cosmetic wise was some water staining on the internal cabinetry - I think this is probably specific to Thailand because it rains every bloody day at some point yet its sticky enough you have to keep the hatches open, so plenty of potential to get caught out

Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, charter, men