Ok, made an unpopular call earlier today, and took some heat for it, but in the interest of those in a similar situation, figured would post it here. Was scheduled to do the lighted boat parade, all decked out, and ready to go, and kept watching the winds and weather
, and decided to cancel when the conditions just didnt seem right. We are in a 52ft irwin
, slow and sure, but it hates cross winds when docking
. Well tonight, winds decided to pick 10-15 with gusts over 20. Weather
forcasts all day kept saying 5-10 towards evening.. right... well at show time gusts to 23 and sustained at 16. Doable? Yes. Would it have been fun? No. It is one thing to be out and have to do that coming back in, but I feel that going out and having to get beat up coming back in just doesnt warrent it. Well one of the smaller Hunters did go out and told 3 tries and a little teak
to be put to bed
afterwords... So right call in my book. Discretion is the better part of valor, and there is always next year. How many of you would have done it anyways? And no, not second guessing my choice, learned long ago, if it doesnt feel right, it usually isnt.