Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2016, 19:09   #1

Boat: 2001 Albin 36 express trawler
Delivery gone wild

So, Me and Foley have done 3 Deliveries, since October. Gulf coast Fort Myers to PCB. Oriental NC to Georgia and Charleston to Jekyll Island. On the trips, we met some other skippers that should have not been in the wheelhouse. Is it just me? There was a Hatteras that the skipper bounced off a concrete pylon and creased the rail amidship. This was at Scull creek in a cross tide at the fuel dock.
Now, I know things happen, and I know tides are different form some skippers home port. But when you are at the helm of someone's dream boat extra care should be taken that you understand the waters and characteristics of the vessel your operating. This same boats smoke alarm went off at 5:30 am while they were cooking there breakfast. They tried for over an hour to squelch the noise. Foley and me shoved off well before them, they blew past the Morgan 38 we were delivering and rocked our world. No respect at all. Have you any stories of this type of skipper?
LTGoshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 05:54   #2

Re: Delivery gone wild

In all walks of life you will find people who are competent and respectful, and others who are not. Licensed captains are no different in this regard.

(And isn't it an interesting coincidence how often "competent" and "respectful" go together, while "incompetent" and "inconsiderate" do likewise?)
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 06:22   #3
cruiser

Re: Delivery gone wild

We hired a highly recommended delivery company for two deliveries when we first purchased our boat. The first captain was excellent and I give him five stars, and would hire him again in a second if the need arises. The second guy from the same company was a complete knucklehead, who toasted our turbo and couldn't seem to get along with anyone including his own first mate... who was provided by the same company.

Would I hire the company again? Yes. The first guy we used showed us the kind of service they were capable of providing. I doubt the second captain is still working for them.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery