Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 13:06   #16
cat herder, extreme blacksheep
 
zeehag's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: furycame alley , tropics, mexico for now
Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Posts: 17,762
Images: 56
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: Damaged but still afloat

pearsons are sturdy lil boats--we are hoping that once they salvage my cousins pearson 26 from wet storage that she doesnt have a hole...her marina is completely gone, her yacht club is still with one a dock and a clubhouse, though there used to be more to it......
her house is still dark, no power.
__________________

zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 13:15   #17
Registered User
 
SailingwithSoul's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York
Boat: In between boats
Posts: 215
Images: 2
Re: Damaged but still afloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
pearsons are sturdy lil boats--we are hoping that once they salvage my cousins pearson 26 from wet storage that she doesnt have a hole...her marina is completely gone, her yacht club is still with one a dock and a clubhouse, though there used to be more to it......
her house is still dark, no power.

Yea, Pearsons are solid and forgiving. I'm fixing and keeping mine even if move to a larger boat. No power or fuel in this area either. They had a power plant near the water which used the salt water to cool its turbines. I heard someone forgot to shut down the plant and once the rising water hit the transformers....... Great arching fireworks!!
__________________

__________________
SailingwithSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 13:16   #18
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,594
Re: Damaged but still afloat

Good deal! And she SELF anchored? Now that's a pretty neat trick...Did you have to teach her that trick or did she learn that all on her own... I'd give her a big kiss if I was you...
__________________
Randy

Cape Dory 25D Seraph
rtbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 13:20   #19
Registered User
 
SailingwithSoul's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York
Boat: In between boats
Posts: 215
Images: 2
Re: Damaged but still afloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
Good deal! And she SELF anchored? Now that's a pretty neat trick...Did you have to teach her that trick or did she learn that all on her own... I'd give her a big kiss if I was you...
It must have been the piece of my soul that stays aboard when I leave that freed the anchor
__________________
SailingwithSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:37   #20
Registered User
 
S/V Alchemy's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Boat: Custom 41' Steel Pilothouse Cutter
Posts: 4,574
Re: Damaged but still afloat

Bad, but salvageable/repairable.

So many were not, unfortunately. You feel like the uneaten steak at the barbeque!

Good luck with the repairs.
__________________
Can't sleep? Read www.alchemy2009.blogspot.com for fast relief. Can't read? Avoid www.volumesofsalt.blogspot.com, because it's just personal reviews of sea books.
S/V Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 14:47   #21
Senior Cruiser
 
SkiprJohn's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kea'au, Big Island, Hawaii
Boat: Cascade, Sloop, 42 - "Casual"
Posts: 14,192
Re: Damaged but still afloat

Good to hear she's still afloat.
kind regards,
__________________
John
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 18:28   #22
Registered User
 
DumnMad's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nelson NZ; boat in Brisbane
Boat: 45ft Ketch
Posts: 1,246
Re: Damaged but still afloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingwithSoul View Post
Yea, Pearsons are solid and forgiving. I'm fixing and keeping mine even if move to a larger boat. No power or fuel in this area either. They had a power plant near the water which used the salt water to cool its turbines. I heard someone forgot to shut down the plant and once the rising water hit the transformers....... Great arching fireworks!!
Glad you propose keeping her.
You'd be a bit of a heel if you flogged it off after its self anchoring feat!
__________________

__________________
DumnMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:28.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.