Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2012, 23:02   #1

Boat: 1991 Hunter Vision 36
Cruising Lifestyle Test Run

So, my wife and I are hoping to embark on a full time adventure of cruising the Bahamas and elsewhere begining this time next year. We want to enjoy the cruising lifestyle while we're still relatively young (36 and 42) and have been reading several of the blogs that are currently making there rounds in preperation. ZTC and the Bumfuzles have been favorites for the last year at least. Our vessel is a Hunter Vision 36. It is just finishing the installation of an arch which will accomodate 450w worth of solar and these will feed our 675Ah bank. We look forward to this new sense of independance from shore power and running the engine for recharges. As for water, we carry 100 gallons and produce two gallons a day to help offset whats used.

On April 12th we are taking off from Tarpon Springs FL for a 10 day cruise south. A much needed vacation for me from work but more importantly a test run of spending more time afloat. So far 2 nights out have been the most we've done. We have no particular destination in mind and will let the weather and wind decide how far we go. Marco Island will probably be our furthest point out but we'll just have to see. I have anchorage spots laid out along our course so that we have the choice of sailing overnight if we want or we can snuggle down and rest. I love the thought of perfect winds taking us non-stop to Dry Tortugas in a couple days but I realize that those perfect winds are only blowing on the days I have to work, not on the days I'm on the boat.

There's two weeks till we push off and I've promised my wife that we will come back after ten days, but next year is so far away and I'm ready to get this show on the road.
sj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 04:13   #2

Boat: Gemini 105Mc 34'
Re: Cruising lifestyle test run.

Sounds like a fun adventure. You have the right idea: don't push to get to any particular destination and back. Just have a great time, where ever the wind takes you!
Waterway Guide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising