Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 21:39   #1

Climate Change

I'm glad President Trump dumped those stupid Paris Accords which was really an illegal treaty against the US Constitution. So What if sea level rises and we get more rainy storms?? It will actually be good for sailors if the rip-off Miami Beach City Marina and Cape Cod get swamped . Plus up north they can grow more food . Plus plus we wont run aground so easily. Triple plus ----also those damn condos that drove all the boatyards from there waterfronts will be drowned and out of business
Old 01-06-2017, 21:47   #2

Boat: Hunter 2003 356 - Persistence
Re: Climate Change

I agree! The whole Climate Change thing is a hoax. Sure the climate is changing but if temperature rises 2 degrees centigrade it is like the temperature 1000 feet above where you live now. Is it a barren wasteland 1000 feet above your current elevation? Of course not. The world's climate is always changing and it has been good to clean up a lot of the environmental problems that were prevalent when I was a kid. Waters were contaminated, Lake Erie caught on fire, and companies just dumped any and everything in the water. It's been good to have cleaned that up, but to kill our economy so we can transfer our assets to some other country -no way I will agree to that! The next thing we need to get out of is the UN. It started as a good thing but now has become a leech.
Old 01-06-2017, 21:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Clark H356 View Post
I agree! The whole Climate Change thing is a hoax. Sure the climate is changing but if temperature rises 2 degrees centigrade it is like the temperature 1000 feet above where you live now. Is it a barren wasteland 1000 feet above your current elevation? Of course not. The world's climate is always changing and it has been good to clean up a lot of the environmental problems that were prevalent when I was a kid. Waters were contaminated, Lake Erie caught on fire, and companies just dumped any and everything in the water. It's been good to have cleaned that up, but to kill our economy so we can transfer our assets to some other country -no way I will agree to that! The next thing we need to get out of is the UN. It started as a good thing but now has become a leech.
Actually rule of thumb is 4 degrees F for every 1000 ft above sea level.....which is why vast areas of the tropical areas of Africa and Central America have eternal spring-like climates. Most of the Congo is above 4000ft
Old 01-06-2017, 21:57   #4

UN was never a good thing. A blood sucking operation paid for by US taxpayers whose peacekeepers never kept any peace.
Old 01-06-2017, 22:07   #5
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Ta da.....
Old 01-06-2017, 22:10   #6

Boat: Hunter 340 34'

'Climate Change' is nothing but a global scam to have America pay for the UN's globalization process. Why should we pay 3 freaking TRILLION to subsidize this nonsense, when China and India can build coal fired electric plants to their heart's content? It's ********, and I'm glad I voted Trump.
Old 01-06-2017, 22:11   #7

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

OK, y'all knew I wouldn't be able to resist

I'm not going to get into the arguments again, but I've got to say:

Temperature goes DOWN with increasing altitude!!!
Old 01-06-2017, 22:58   #8

Boat: Alloy Peterson 40

Well all I can say is I will not be buying any products made in the USA from now on unless they can show that as a company they are prepared to do what the citizens of their once great (and once honorable) country are not, and try to offset their environmental footprint somehow. Hopefully good companies such as Fortress and Mantus will do the right thing.

America the great.. Not any more, now a just greedy, sniveling, paranoid and untrustworthy country with an imbecile elected as its ruler.
Old 01-06-2017, 23:09   #9
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Did I miss the date; surely April 1st has passed for this year.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 01-06-2017, 23:10   #10
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post

Temperature goes DOWN with increasing altitude!!!
Fake news

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 01-06-2017, 23:16   #11
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpetrel View Post
Well all I can say is I will not be buying any products made in the USA from now on unless they can show that as a company they are prepared to do what the citizens of their once great (and once honorable) country are not, and try to offset their environmental footprint somehow. Hopefully good companies such as Fortress and Mantus will do the right thing.

America the great.. Not any more, now a just greedy, sniveling, paranoid and untrustworthy country with an imbecile elected as its ruler.
Oh no... how will the USA ever recover from YOU not buying our products. I guess you'll need to purchase your necessities from China instead.
Old 01-06-2017, 23:37   #12

Boat: Alloy Peterson 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Oh no... how will the USA ever recover from YOU not buying our products. I guess you'll need to purchase your necessities from China instead.
Well I guess I will be far happier to buy products from a country like China that so far hasn't publicly reneged on their global commitments.

I am sure others in the world outside of the USA will have a similar mindset and also boycott products made in the USA now that their true colors have been revealed.
Old 01-06-2017, 23:56   #13
cruiser

Obama signed the agreement without the authorization or approval of the US government.

Good luck with your Chinese products.
Old 02-06-2017, 00:42   #14

Boat: Jeanneau 45,2
Climate Change

It is very convenience for many people to do not try to see beyond their nose ....because all is somebody's else's fault !!
Old 02-06-2017, 00:42   #15

Reminder that most American retail products come from China as well.... WalMart!
Closed Thread