Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2009, 21:00   #1

Boat: Clipper Marine 26 #700
Charter a sailboat/mentor in Marathon, FL??

Hi there, I plan to be in Marathon key Feb 25th-Feb 28th, was hoping to find someone that might charter a sailiboat 30-40 ft and take my wife & I for a day cruise. We are avid lake sailors and also spend time in key Largo sailing Florida Bay but we would like some experience on the other side of the keys. Both ASA Coastal, some time in bluewater, but not much. Looking for a friendly sail, maybe some sharing of duties of navigation (so I can try my skills). However, not sure if we are ready to sail out there on our own just yet. Need one more sail with a good mentor. have dreams of getting a Cape Dory 36 in my future, not a racer, more a cruiser. Laid back & Easy.

Any takers? Could be a private person interested in sharing the sail, or a proffesional chartering his boat. Any suggestions or references would be helpful. Thanks
steverh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 21:29   #2

Boat: Morgan OI 414
It's possible that I could be in Keywest at that time and then I could accomidate you and your wife. If I am not in Keywest I will be in Charlotte harbor and I could take you on an overnight cruise. If you are flying in, than I guess I would be too far. If you drove to Florida, then on your way back stop by. Send private message if interested.
Inthewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2009, 19:03   #3

Boat: Clipper Marine 26 #700
We will have a rental car in Marathon. If you are in Key West or thereabout we would certainly drive to wherever. I appreciate your offer in Charlotte, but I don't think we want to drive out of the keys this trip. Sure appreciate the offer, let me know if it sounds like you might be available during that time as the date gets closer. Thanks again, Steve. Not sure how to do a private message on this board......
steverh is offline   Reply With Quote