Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2015, 13:28   #1

Catarina 30 refit advise

I'm getting ready to head back to the states to do a quick refurb on our Catalina 30.
So a few questions .
I aim for air con run off a small lpg genorator ( maybe Honda 2000 )
But I've not got the geni yet I need that or a cheaper silent that runs on lpg.
I'm sticking a foamed back headliner on lots of surfaces to help with insulation . But getting mixed info about it peeling off with the heat ( Florida ) ? So spray on adhesive or a paste on one . Or both ?

Right some of you will know the Catalina floor it's a white wood grain has anyone ever used 2 mm peel and stick flooring ?? With any success ?

Another thought is it's a 1975 c30 I know it has a following and more or less they all seem to be original inside . Is it like a classic car if you restored it you'd go back like new or can I take it into the 21 St century without making it unsaleable . Please assume all work is perfect as I'm a skilled craftsman . ??

One last thing is the 6 windows 3 leak and they are terrible aluminium as we call it if I bond one solid piece the full length ( as modern boats have ) leaving the structure internal the same , is this good or another wrong doing to the c30 .

I'm not doing this to make money more make a nice next for the girlfriend but just don't want to make it worthless . Just trust me it will look fab . Thanks in advance and any other upgrades would be great to know .
woodyapex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refit